ADVERTISEMENT

Not to beat a dead horse

But how do we get rid of Obarski? I’m flabbergasted by the fact he’s our starting kicker, going on his third year. How do we lose this guy? What would Saban do with Obarski?
I think Boomer is injured. Saban wouldn't have this problem he coaches Alabama and takes first pick of kickers

He's a kid. Everyone in college football is. Cut him some slack. He's out there doing the best he knows how. He missed one field goal Friday. We lost the game because a million things added up the way they did. Had he made that kick, he'd have had the opportunity to make another, under a lot of pressure, for overtime, and overtime is no guarantee of anything.

If another guy had made one more block, or if another guy had taken off running 100 milliseconds seconds sooner, or waited 100 milliseconds longer for blocking to show up, or if another guy had cut left instead of right....

You can't just lay it at the feet of one kid, who no doubt puts more of his heart and soul into UCF football than anyone on this board.

Obarski, if you read this board, and I hope you don't, know that some people out here still believe in you. Forget the past and go 1-0 on the next kick.

Watch AL kicker split the middle of the uprights from beyond 50 yds today. They didn’t have a Hippo handing out schollies to a shitty AZ kicker.
Obarski made multiple 50 yarders in HS and was highly ranked. Yeah he sucks in game situations but seems he will be kicking until he runs out of eligibility.

He's a kid. Everyone in college football is. Cut him some slack. He's out there doing the best he knows how. He missed one field goal Friday. We lost the game because a million things added up the way they did. Had he made that kick, he'd have had the opportunity to make another, under a lot of pressure, for overtime, and overtime is no guarantee of anything.

If another guy had made one more block, or if another guy had taken off running 100 milliseconds seconds sooner, or waited 100 milliseconds longer for blocking to show up, or if another guy had cut left instead of right....

You can't just lay it at the feet of one kid, who no doubt puts more of his heart and soul into UCF football than anyone on this board.

Obarski, if you read this board, and I hope you don't, know that some people out here still believe in you. Forget the past and go 1-0 on the next kick.
Sorry dude you're simply downright wrong.

Everyone's got a job to do and when you can't step up when it matters most (going on 3 years now), you're a liability and shouldn't be playing.

There are plenty of kids with feelings sitting on the bench in CFB and he should be one of them. He has lost us several games directly attributed to not being able to kick. I don’t think he’s made a fg past 40 yards since he’s been at UCF…. There high schoolers , middle schoolers, FCS kickers than can make those

Obarski made multiple 50 yarders in HS and was highly ranked. Yeah he sucks in game situations but seems he will be kicking until he runs out of eligibility.
And if that’s right then the coaches bear responsibility. ST coach had bad kickers, every return gets a hold and the punter is shaky too. He needs to fix his unit because every level is faultering

Malzahn has had 18 months to figure out the kicking situation. A recruit got hurt, but he should have had multiple options by now.

Reactions: Knightgator9
Yeah, missing that kick before the half changed everything. Loss of game flow/momentum, and it altered the approach in the second half. If he makes the 33 yard FG in the 2Q, then UCF only needs a FG to tie (and possibly win) on those last two drives.

He’s been a problem for a while, but it is what it is. Obviously the team doesn’t have a better option, or that kicker would have already surpassed Obarski on the depth chart. ST has been awful this year collectively (kicking/punting/return game), it’s time to clean some things up.

The kicker can’t be blamed for the passing game, pass protection, or even the vanilla play calling, but Obarski has one job - and not doing his job definitely affected the outcome of Friday’s game.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I feel bad posting mean things on the internet about a 21 year old kid, but I also feel like someone needs to take him out of his misery. Maybe he has too much heart to quit, but he’s been praying for someone to come and take over his job. I just don’t see how he can possibly enjoy this.

Theres gotta be someone on either the mens or womens soccer team who could do better at this point
They play in Fall too. They are trying to go pro in soccer right now. Why would their coach let them miss games and practices when they recruited them for soccer? Not gonna happen. I doubt any girl could outkick Obarski.

Being the kicker has to suck. If you score, nobody remembers you. If you miss, everybody remembers you.

He's a freakin' kid! Pressure may just get the best of him. We're not the Gators so don't send the poor kid death threats!

Reactions: Wings0fred
They play in Fall too. They are trying to go pro in soccer right now. Why would their coach let them miss games and practices when they recruited them for soccer? Not gonna happen. I doubt any girl could outkick Obarski
Unleash boomer. Watch the video, he gets his whole leg behind the ball and it goes straight. Obarski’s kicks either turn left or fade right. He has never drilled one straight

Obarski has already lost the kickoff job. He is in danger of losing the field goal kicking job. Luckily he can kick extra points.

Conversely, I thought Andrew Osteen did enough to keep his job, but Mitch McCarthy has to be nipping at his heels as well.

Offense is showing signs of significant problems but special teams is already 100% a lost cause. I know kicking is the most talked about problem but also want to highlight the number of bobbled/muffed returns AND the 5 seconds it takes to get off a punt. Abysmal.

Reactions: KnightLife1
I feel bad for Obarski because he's a young man and knows he is letting the team down despite his best efforts. I don't want him kicked off the team and have his scholarship yanked, I still want him as a member of the team, just one that sits on the bench.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Martin Gramatica was a mess after that game in 2003 when Carolina kept blocking each kick, including the would be walk-off XP with no time left.
I remember him not being the same after hitting the post to lose at Chicago in 2001.

You could see the conversation with the kicking coach after the game, the hand motions saying (and the commentators), "the wind is blowing left so I aimed at the right post, and the wind didn't bring it back and it hit the post." Really, a perfect kick, but the wind just died at the wrong time. He wasn't the same after that, and eventually it got worse, as you describe.

One of my favorite players, even so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT