ADVERTISEMENT

NYC Pride Month Only for Liberals

I have no issue with it but I also have no issue with a privately owned bakery not wanting to make a cake for a gay couple too. Just go somewhere else.

I understand why the restaurant owner did it and don't blame him one bit. If he allowed Milo to hold his party there it would look like he endorsed him which would cause him to lose business. No issues at all with this, my issues is when it is on public property. The guy is just being smart about his business because he understands who his customers are.

So when are the ACLU and SJWs going to ruin this guys business like they did with the Deplorable bakers?

We were in the city yesterday with friends. All I can say is, what a freak show. This comes from someone with no ill will against the gay population and I fully support gay rights. When did it change from a parade and march to support the rights of gays into a Mardi Gras style free for all of people wearing things that should not be seen in public?

We were in the city yesterday with friends. All I can say is, what a freak show. This comes from someone with no ill will against the gay population and I fully support gay rights. When did it change from a parade and march to support the rights of gays into a Mardi Gras style free for all of people wearing things that should not be seen in public?

It's always been "Mardi Gras" like. The extent to which it is depends on the size of the city I have found. Orlando's will be more tame compared to a NYC or Chicago.

I have no issue with it but I also have no issue with a privately owned bakery not wanting to make a cake for a gay couple too. Just go somewhere else.
I agree with you. I think the private business should be able to do what they want. I dont think the bakery should be able to refuse service based on race/sex on a normal transaction, we have laws for that. I do agree with their refusal on a wedding cake since that might not align with their religion. That couple shouldve went elsewhere or made their own.

I just think its screwed up that they agreed to it originally because it was a gay event during pride week, but then backed down once they realized who he was and what he stands for.

It's always been "Mardi Gras" like. The extent to which it is depends on the size of the city I have found. Orlando's will be more tame compared to a NYC or Chicago.
Well this was NYC and while I get it's the biggest of them I could very quickly see how this is not the right message the gay community should be sending out. The parade started was on Fifth Avenue so we stayed on sixth and seventh to be able to walk to where we were going. Seeing grown men walking around in t-backs and little shorts up their ass and women topless with just mickey mouse rainbow stickers over their nipples may not offend me although it was not pretty, where the parade was is in a huge tourist area.

Well this was NYC and while I get it's the biggest of them I could very quickly see how this is not the right message the gay community should be sending out. The parade started was on Fifth Avenue so we stayed on sixth and seventh to be able to walk to where we were going. Seeing grown men walking around in t-backs and little shorts up their ass and women topless with just mickey mouse rainbow stickers over their nipples may not offend me although it was not pretty, where the parade was is in a huge tourist area.

Go to a beach.

Reactions: Boston.Knight

People who lack genuine talent often attempt to make their grab at relevance and self fulfillment through sensationalism

I have to agree. I never really got why that crap has to be a part of a parade. It seems to me if the purpose is to drive normalization and acceptance of homosexuality then why pervert it.

I have to agree. I never really got why that crap has to be a part of a parade. It seems to me if the purpose is to drive normalization and acceptance of homosexuality then why pervert it.
Years ago I took my two young sons to the St Pete Pride parade. I wanted them to see it, understand it and know there was nothing wrong with it. The St Pete one was fine, some things were a little over the top but nothing that made you want to cover your eyes. The NYC version was nothing short of an FU if you disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT