ADVERTISEMENT

Obarski sucks.

Unless there is an unlisted volunteer, there is no kicking coach on the staff. There is definitely a need for an "analyst" to watch the kid kick and observe that he pushes them to right as the game progresses. Who knows? Maybe all he needs is a bit of game time coaching.

Toth
Bronowski
We can only have so many coaches. Who do you take away to add a kicking coach?

Was the guy all that bad? No, he needs some coaching and some competition next year.....have we scouted the women's soccer team yet?
68.8% fg puts him 96th in nation. 93.6 %EP puts him at 134th and a long of 38 yards which puts him at 119th. He’s 8th in points but only because we score so much. If we had to rely on FGs more often we’d be in trouble.

Reactions: UCFatz1
Kid was a 5 star recruit. He has a strong leg. We've seen him kick balls through the end zone. I think we lack a kicking coach who can work on his form and technique.

My bad. Thought I saw he was a 5 start guy. I did see Riley Stephens got 5 stars from Kohls Kicking, don't know what that's worth. I still think Obarski has talent, he has a strong leg, appears to me his technique is failing him.

According to Ari Wasserman of The Athletic, "If you're a star kicker, you're a 3* prospect". So Obarski was apparently pretty highly regarded. I think these are mental issues with him. Hopefully he can be coached up to overcome them.
Composite was a 2*. But his offers were Army, us Purdue and Air Force I think. No schools in Arizona which is where he’s from. I think he’s like De La Haye. Big leg, no accuracy. Rather have Wright. Max 45 but was accurate.

We don't have a kicking coach? Considering it cost us a key game this year, possible two, what's the cost/benefit balance of forgoing that coaching position?

We don't have a kicking coach? Considering it cost us a key game this year, possible two, what's the cost/benefit balance of forgoing that coaching position?
We can only have so many coaches but the STs coaches we have aren’t really STs guys. Definitely not a kicking coach. I’m thinking we should probably reach out to a former kicker who was good or find a GA who may have kicked and punted somewhere.

2020 Football Coaching Staff

Staff Directory Members By Category/Department
Josh HeupelHead Coach
Randy ShannonDefensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Nick TothSpecial Teams Coordinator
Alex GoleshCo-Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends
Anthony TuckerCo-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs
Glen ElarbeeAssistant Head Coach for Offense/Offensive Line
Willie MartinezAssistant Head Coach/Secondary
Corey BellCornerbacks
Shane BurnhamDefensive Line
Joey HalzleQuarterbacks