ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line, although split up...looked...

hopefully the 1s play better as a unit. The Olinemen have probably had the hardest transition with conditioning, pace, etc.

I think having a RB that can bounce a few outside will help the offense a ton and that guy is not on campus yet. I think Hamilton will see playing time early as a True Freshman

Reactions: KnightLife1
hopefully the 1s play better as a unit. The Olinemen have probably had the hardest transition with conditioning, pace, etc.

I think having a RB that can bounce a few outside will help the offense a ton and that guy is not on campus yet. I think Hamilton will see playing time early as a True Freshman

This is something to watch for. I did notice that late in the scrimmage the RB's seemed to find more room. Could be due to the D being tired of chasing down all those plays.

We didn't see their best look since they were split up, but yes the O Line looked less than impressive. However, there were glimpses of good execution. Overall, I think the two highly rated O linemen coming in will see lots of time as true freshmen.

Hoping Hamilton can help with the running attack. As South FL player of the year, he's got to have the goods.

Also, I don't know if we saw Mike Rogers last night. There's hope there for solid RB play if he returns 100% from his injury. He gained around 1500 yds in HS but GOL made him a DB. Frost is returning him to RB.

...and from the slot, Killins can be killer on those quick WR screens. I can see him taking off for 10-20 yards before the D can react.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
We didn't see their best look since they were split up, but yes the O Line looked less than impressive. However, there were glimpses of good execution. Overall, I think the two highly rated O linemen coming in will see lots of time as true freshmen.

This is what I have been saying. IMO, we are going to see a lot of subpar play, and from time to time we will see a glimpse of what the offense is really going to look like 2 or 3 years down the road. If you are counting on freshman to come in and make this team competitive, especially in the trenches, you are most likely going to be disappointed. When you are playing 18 year old OL against 22 year old DL, you aren't likely to have a lot of success. Hudanek is going to be a great player for us, but as a true freshman last year he was overwhelmed at times. That being said, with a full year of being in a Division 1 offseason program, I expect to see a big jump for him. Hopefully, Hiers back is fully recovered. Other than those two, I don't see much promise from what we already have. By the end of the year, the freshman athletes should begin to settle in. I don't remember if they kept Jordan Franks on the offensive side of the ball, but he is a guy that should be able to demolish corners on outside running plays.

I'm not going to predict how the season record will unfold, but I think we will struggle early on, but by the end of the season, we should be a much more competitive team than we were last year. I don't know that the record will be all that great, but by the last 6 games, we should be playing much better football than we did last year. I also think the team quit last year.

Hoping Hamilton can help with the running attack. As South FL player of the year, he's got to have the goods.

Also, I don't know if we saw Mike Rogers last night. There's hope there for solid RB play if he returns 100% from his injury. He gained around 1500 yds in HS but GOL made him a DB. Frost is returning him to RB.

...and from the slot, Killins can be killer on those quick WR screens. I can see him taking off for 10-20 yards before the D can react.
This ^^^^^*

This style of offense is designed to have someone unblocked. Depending on what that unblocked rusher does determines what the play becomes. There are numerous videos out there on it (search Chip Kelly Offense). Yes, there are still some problems to fix, but overall it wasn't bad.

This style of offense is designed to have someone unblocked. Depending on what that unblocked rusher does determines what the play becomes. There are numerous videos out there on it (search Chip Kelly Offense). Yes, there are still some problems to fix, but overall it wasn't bad.

Basically it's new option football with a passing game to keep the defense from loading the box.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT