ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron the whimp

Because nearly 40% of this country is still unvaccinated. Hope that helps.
It doesn't because it is statistically impossible. A year ago, you had a 1:1 chance of transmitting the virus. Today you have a 1:9 chance. By all means, explain the logic in thinking that reducing the odds almost 10 fold would equate to a higher transmission rate.

Please put your mask on before responding

It doesn't because it is statistically impossible. A year ago, you had a 1:1 chance of transmitting the virus. Today you have a 1:9 chance. By all means, explain the logic in thinking that reducing the odds almost 10 fold would equate to a higher transmission rate.

Please put your mask on before responding

Here let's examine a simple concept: people can catch the virus regardless of vaccination status with Omicron.

What happens when you catch the virus, as data from every corner of the earth confirms, largely depends on what your vaccination status is.

As the data from every corner of the world has shown, anywhere between 80-95% of patients in a hospital for COVID at a given time are unvaccinated. A recent clinical study from Canada showed that a boosted 80 year old is less likely to require hospitalization than an unvaccinated 35 year old.

Transmission is irrelevant when discussing who is going to the hospital and why.

Here let's examine a simple concept: people can catch the virus regardless of vaccination status with Omicron.

What happens when you catch the virus, as data from every corner of the earth confirms, largely depends on what your vaccination status is.

As the data from every corner of the world has shown, anywhere between 80-95% of patients in a hospital for COVID at a given time are unvaccinated. A recent clinical study from Canada showed that a boosted 80 year old is less likely to require hospitalization than an unvaccinated 35 year old.

Transmission is irrelevant when discussing who is going to the hospital and why.
Well now we are making some progress. Vaccination does not stop or even slow the spread of omicron, correct?

^^^Such an incredibly simple concept, even a trump supporter is capable of understanding it.

Also anyone notice that trump switched his tune to be pro-vaccine, once he realized he was literally killing off his base? Unfortunately it was a little too late for the real idiots, the conspiracy theory breathing knuckle draggers like @Boston.Knight . They are running with it now, and it's killing them off in droves.

Well now we are making some progress. Vaccination does not stop or even slow the spread of omicron, correct?

No, incorrect. Studies have proven that a vaccinated person with COVID will shed virus for shorter durations and remain symptomatic for a shorter duration. Which slows spread, but doesn't stop it outright.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
No, incorrect. Studies have proven that a vaccinated person with COVID will shed virus for shorter durations and remain symptomatic for a shorter duration. Which slows spread, but doesn't stop it outright.
By almost 10-fold? Please show me the literature that backs this up, because your assertion is still statistically impossible.

By almost 10-fold? Please show me the literature that backs this up, because your assertion is still statistically impossible.

Where did I say "by 10 fold"? Why do you respond to what I say with things that I didn't say?

Where did I say "by 10 fold"? Why do you respond to what I say with things that I didn't say?
That's what it is. If we went from a 1:1 chance of an unvaxxed person interacting with another unvaxxed person, to a 1:9 chance, that is almost a 10-fold decrease in probability. Do you agree with that?

We just reached record hospitalizations since the pandemic started but sure, this Omicron sure is a wimp.
No, we reached a record of people in the hospitals with SARS-CoV-2, not admitted to the hospital for SARS-CoV-2 itself! Basically ... if you go to any hopsital, expect a 50% chance of either getting SARS-CoV-2 within 2 days, or testing positive for it w/o any symptoms or minor ones that do not require hospitalization.

Admissions to the hospital for SARS-CoV-2 itself it way, way down. Even UK and other publications are pointing out how our own numbers are not only a joke, but more importantly, how bad the US system is with reporting useful statistics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT