ADVERTISEMENT

Otis back to RB

PS. As one former coach use to say: "Every play should be a TD play...but most are not because at least 1 or more of the 11 players on the field did not do their job on said play".
That’s fine, but there was an example given of a 75 yard TD run by McCrae where posters questioned if Killins would have scored with the same blocks

Here is my 2 cents on this.......We can only assume CJH had a strategy in running AK up the middle, but I don't believe he has ever confirmed that on the record. Even very highly competent well paid coaches are fallible and to say CJH's game planning and play calling strategy has been perfect would be absurd. Perhaps if AK is no longer RB1 and not being used in the same way CJH has realized that there might be a more effective use for AK's skills. Just because someone is not a coach and being paid accordingly does not mean that they can be a fan of the game, listen to and read analysis, identify trends, make sound conclusions, and be a very effective Monday morning QB........

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Here is my 2 cents on this.......We can only assume CJH had a strategy in running AK up the middle, but I don't believe he has ever confirmed that on the record. Even very highly competent well paid coaches are fallible and to say CJH's game planning and play calling strategy has been perfect would be absurd. Perhaps if AK is no longer RB1 and not being used in the same way CJH has realized that there might be a more effective use for AK's skills. Just because someone is not a coach and being paid accordingly does not mean that they can be a fan of the game, listen to and read analysis, identify trends, make sound conclusions, and be a very effective Monday morning QB........
Agreed. I don’t care if the whole world calls
my football knowledge moronic

Give me credit for pointing out one damn thing didn’t look right :joy:

Otis listed as "UTL" again.

Agree AK up the middle was ineffective strategy. The strategy being to catch the secondary creeping up will only work if the secondary creeps up...which they won't do if the runs up the middle aren't successful.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Ucfmikes
Otis listed as "UTL" again.

Agree AK up the middle was ineffective strategy. The strategy being to catch the secondary creeping up will only work if the secondary creeps up...which they won't do if the runs up the middle aren't successful.
Yeah definitely not going back to RB. Coach says he runs great routes.

This shouldn’t be that hard to figure out...

Otis Anderson's 2017 EPA vs. 2018 EPA:

2017:

EPA/Run: 0.4254 (58 runs)

EPA/Target: 0.386 (30)

EPA/Rec: 0.6652 (25) .. Includes a -4.58 for lost fumble.

EPA/Touch: 0.4976 (83)

EPA/All (Rushes+Targets): 0.412 (88)

2018:

0.1766 (39)

0.26 (29)

1.7447 (14)

0.5908 (53)

0.2127 (68)

This shouldn’t be that hard to figure out...

Otis Anderson's 2017 EPA vs. 2018 EPA:

2017:

EPA/Run: 0.4254 (58 runs)

EPA/Target: 0.386 (30)

EPA/Rec: 0.6652 (25) .. Includes a -4.58 for lost fumble.

EPA/Touch: 0.4976 (83)

EPA/All (Rushes+Targets): 0.412 (88)

2018:

0.1766 (39)

0.26 (29)

1.7447 (14)

0.5908 (53)

0.2127 (68)
I'm still not able to interpret EPA very well. What do these numbers tell us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT