ADVERTISEMENT

Pancakes syrup is racist

Apparently this will be the next one to go. Nothing says "anti racist" like demanding that even innocuous depictions of black people be removed from logo and marketing usage; we'll soon have homogenously white people on packaging labels. That'll show those white supremacists!

91gxGVhiiwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Why are you so triggered by this? Dont you have anything better to do than to rage post about breakfast logos? This will not impact your life in anyway.

Apparently this will be the next one to go.
Point out in a link who is pushing for this one to go.
A little more about Nancy Green. She was also one of the founders of the Olivet Baptist Church and dedicated her life to anti-poverty work and equal rights activism.
Good for Nancy. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the Mammy stereotype she was paid to play.

BTW, Green's grandchildren sued Aunt Jemima after her death for the money the company screwed her out of.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Point out in a link who is pushing for this one to go.
Good for Nancy. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the Mammy stereotype she was paid to play.

BTW, Green's grandchildren sued Aunt Jemima after her death for the money the company screwed her out of.

Jesus can you still not use google?

usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/06/18/cream-of-wheat-packaging-chef-immediate-review-racial-stereotypes/3212448001/

usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/06/18/cream-of-wheat-packaging-chef-immediate-review-racial-stereotypes/3212448001/
Cream of wheat is a social justice corporation pushing for their own logo to change. How dare they internally review their own logo.

Youre mad at them for looking into their own god damn logo? What is wrong with you dude. Do you have some sort of radon gas leak in your house?

Thanks for the link. I'll admit, I'd never heard of the Rastus racial caricature until now.

Yep, it's past time for it to go too. It would appear that breakfast has always been the Skinhead of Meals. :)

Apparently this will be the next one to go. Nothing says "anti racist" like demanding that even innocuous depictions of black people be removed from logo and marketing usage; we'll soon have homogenously white people on packaging labels. That'll show those white supremacists!

91gxGVhiiwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Wow! You are too young. His name is Rastus and yes he is offensive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastus

Thanks for the link. I'll admit, I'd never heard of the Rastus racial caricature until now.

Yep, it's past time for it to go too. It would appear that breakfast has always been the Skinhead of Meals. :)
You think skinheads want to eat food that a black guy makes?

I just dont understand why you guys are so offended by a company using a black persons image to market their product as superior to others. Is the little Debbie character also racist because she's a white girl, or is that one ok?

Reactions: AAC6800

Any caricature of black people on a logo is from an era where where blacks were the butt of societal jokes.

If Aunt Jemima was so racist why did blacks have a higher approval rating of it than among whites? 197 out of 200. You'd think they would know what they should be offended by.

this country is going crazy right now. i read somewhere that her great grandson is pissed off they are going to remove her.

yea lets remove all the minorities from items and then in a couple months lets bitch about the apparent lack of minorities on items...

Reactions: AAC6800
this country is going crazy right now. i read somewhere that her great grandson is pissed off they are going to remove her.

yea lets remove all the minorities from items and then in a couple months lets bitch about the apparent lack of minorities on items...

The minorities were put on items in order to mock them. Yes, they should be removed.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Gonna have to explain that business model to me.
Back in the 19th and early 20th century it was perfectly acceptable to ridicule AA. Hanging an AA then was a big event to celebrate.

Last edited:
Back in the 18th and early 19th century it was perfectly acceptable to ridicule AA. Hanging an AA then was a big event to celebrate.
Well you're talking 70 or 80 years before Aunt jemima was a product. Or did you mean 1800s and early 1900s?

That's what I meant.
K. So back to your point, are you saying that at some point in time the best way to sell a product was by identifying it with a black woman because.......... that person is inferior so the product is superior? I honestly don't get it.

K. So back to your point, are you saying that at some point in time the best way to sell a product was by identifying it with a black woman because.......... that person is inferior so the product is superior? I honestly don't get it.
Come on, Crazy, quit trolling. You're not this dense.

Is Redskin a racist term? Of course it is. But when it comes to the NFL, the Washington franchise is selling "Redskins," a derogatory, offensive, unflattering, insulting, and disrespectful term for a Native American -- but the 'product' is an NFL franchise worth over 3.4 Billion dollars.

Do you 'get it' now?

Come on, Crazy, quit trolling. You're not this dense.

Is Redskin a racist term? Of course it is. But when it comes to the NFL, the Washington franchise is selling "Redskins," a derogatory, offensive, unflattering, insulting, and disrespectful term for a Native American -- but the 'product' is an NFL franchise worth over 3.4 Billion dollars.

Do you 'get it' now?

It's can only be offensive to native Americans. You have no right to say whether it is or not.

ADVERTISEMENT