ADVERTISEMENT

Poll - Would you change how people react to us?

If you could change how the G5/crappy P5 teams feel about us, would you?

• Total voters
I realized that the whole heel thing is really growing on me.
I realize, however, that everyone cheering us on Boise St-style would be better for breaking up the playoff.

But it's been a lot of fun to have so many people talking about us. And we have a unique identity. I can't think of any historical precedent for where this program is at.

Reactions: craig01
Bump.

I think this is an important question. I heard (not confirmed) that Andy Katz is projecting us for the sweet 16. So we're looking at potentially staying in the national conversation going into March. Just a new sport for people to hate.

If we want to come across as more cuddly, we should probably try to turn the ship soon.

Edit: found the Katz prediction
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ed-out-preseason-ncaa-tournament-bracket-lets

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormthecourt?
As long as it isn't the Marc Daniel's style hate he described, where his wife was yelled at by a fan of another unmentioned-but-you-can-guess team for 20 minutes in some store. How does anything UCF do have any effect on your pathetic, worthless team and it's invitational win? You only get that angry when your belief system is so weak.

As long as it isn't the Marc Daniel's style hate he described, where his wife was yelled at by a fan of another unmentioned-but-you-can-guess team for 20 minutes in some store. How does anything UCF do have any effect on your pathetic, worthless team and it's invitational win? You only get that angry when your belief system is so weak.
Damn what a POS

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Being the good natured, plucky underdog does nothing but get a few condescending pats on the head. Being the obnoxious heel kicking the door in is the only way to make change.
If we had more people on our side, we could probably force change more quickly.

But would you trade that extra support if it meant losing our new identity as CFB's heel?

We are the underdog. What are you talking about?
People root for the underdog. I don't feel like the underdog, do you?

I feel like we're treated like the Yankees/Red Sox, or Kentucky/Duke in CBB, like a team that everyone hates because we make them feel bad about themselves.

Edit: I guess I was thinking more plucky, face-type underdog. Do you think I need to clarify that?

Bump.

I think this is an important question. I heard (not confirmed) that Andy Katz is projecting us for the sweet 16. So we're looking at potentially staying in the national conversation going into March. Just a new sport for people to hate.

If we want to come across as more cuddly, we should probably try to turn the ship soon.

Edit: found the Katz prediction
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ed-out-preseason-ncaa-tournament-bracket-lets

We need to keep beating this drum and calling out the double standards of this system. But it would be nice to hear some of our other "G5" brethren get on board with this and behind the cause rather than sitting quietly on the sideline acting like good little puppies. This is a fight for EVERY school that is locked out of this system and they're not uttering a word, very disappointing that they are not crying foul and seeking to help change the system.

People root for the underdog. I don't feel like the underdog, do you?

I feel like we're treated like the Yankees/Red Sox, or Kentucky/Duke in CBB, like a team that everyone hates because we make them feel bad about themselves.

Edit: I guess I was thinking more plucky, face-type underdog. Do you think I need to clarify that?
Those teams are the blue bloods of the sport. We are newcomers. Most people that are watching us don’t hate us. Not everyone goes on Twitter or other social media. They just watch sports and are interested in a team that’s won a lot. We are hated on social media. Not with the majority of football fans though.

It seems to me the only hate that is going on is from ESPN and the likes of teams like Alabama, Georgia and the Gators. I bet you deep down Mike Leach and others who get screwed by the system are secretly rooting for us.

You can blame this system in my opinion on the SEC. It was their commissioner in the 90s that dreamed up the BCS nonsense and it's from that broken system we get this even more messed up system. I find the conference who is allegedly to be the best in the universe for football to also be the most butt hurt about our claiming a Natty and about how much attention we are getting.

As long as we keep winning it will only get better.

Being the good natured, plucky underdog does nothing but get a few condescending pats on the head. Being the obnoxious heel kicking the door in is the only way to make change.

I disagree with the premise of the two choices in the poll that we are acting like a heel or we have to be well mannered and know our place.
UCF has every right to claim a National Championship when there is no NCAA sanction playoff. The current playoff invitational leaves half of all D1 teams grasping at straws because of the self serving interests of the P5 cartel and ESPN. So how did all those nice manners work out for Boise?

When I wear my UCF shirts around as I travel a lot these days to other states I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from other college team's fans. EVERYBODY HATES ALABAMA and loves what we did last year :)

This poll is our greatest ally at this point and after this month if we are successful we should point to it often in discussions.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

Note: By end of month we will have better numbers in top 25 and top 50 columns if we win out.

We are only heels to the P5 excuse makers and the Heifers. I get so much support here in Houston.....of course I'm not the type to get picked on anyway.

It seems to me the only hate that is going on is from ESPN and the likes of teams like Alabama, Georgia and the Gators. I bet you deep down Mike Leach and others who get screwed by the system are secretly rooting for us.
I'll bet that even the ESPN guys are secretly rooting for us. That's why I used the term heel. ESPN is trying to create a narrative.

Think of what this season would be about for your average football fan if we had lost. 'Bama looks good again!'. Not exactly compelling stuff.

With us being undefeated again, ESPN can play the Bischoff to our controversial NWO that's trying to tear down the system, with fans endlessly debating who to side with.

More and more people are "getting" why it's "the heel" or bust.
Another undefeated UCF is going to save College Football.

Because people want it settled-on-the-field.
Even the ESPN Gameday crew is almost at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT