ADVERTISEMENT

Predict - Who will be UCF's QB1 Week 1 2024?

Only time will tell. Which excellent QB will transfer in? Tulane's QB, The UF kid that just left UF? The kid from Texas Tech. It will be interesting.

I think our guy isn't on the roster yet....

Timmy is FAR from trash, go look at the stats....FAR BETTER stats than the 3 guys above. But there was something missing from his game but nobody has correctly figured it out.

Is it confidence? Afraid he is going to be benched after a couple of picks? Uncomfortable with the system? This system is very fast twitch, have to make decisions quickly. probably the best part of Plumlee's game. Who knows what T-Mac was missing.

I think T-Mac and Rizk will have opportunities to compete with whoever the new guy is. Williams and Smith should take off.

Timmy's action came before we started throwing more short routes. Everything was 20+ yards, so the d always sent the house. If only 1 in 7 throws is a bomb, he'll be fine. He has a quick release and his ball placement was exceptional on the few under 20 yard pass plays we saw. Note the offense became more dependable and controlled more TOP in the last 3-4 games. More TB runs and less gadgets. More shorter patterns. Go Knights!

Timmy's action came before we started throwing more short routes. Everything was 20+ yards, so the d always sent the house. If only 1 in 7 throws is a bomb, he'll be fine. He has a quick release and his ball placement was exceptional on the few under 20 yard pass plays we saw. Note the offense became more dependable and controlled more TOP in the last 3-4 games. More TB runs and less gadgets. More shorter patterns. Go Knights!
Our OL was really bad when TMc came in and played, before all the adjustments and/or injuries. Maybe it was b/c JRP and how well he moved in the pocket this year (idk)? I think that last several games the line play with LP @ center was really pretty good. I think it was a Kight Grable Marshall Bula/Medley and LP @ center. Grable has been a weak link all year.

I guess I have to go back and watch the games with McClain because the stats don't tell the whole story. I remember his first game and was excited to see some of those throws. Then I got left with the feeling we'll never win if he's the QB-- too many dumb decisions in key moments.

Reactions: Collinsco
I guess I have to go back and watch the games with McClain because the stats don't tell the whole story. I remember his first game and was excited to see some of those throws. Then I got left with the feeling we'll never win if he's the QB-- too many dumb decisions in key moments.
Totally agree. He is a great athlete. Family in Tennessee when I was there saw the amazing 4th down conversion against Baylor and talked about what a great play that was. I think thats what others see that what him to start. I sit on the 40 and see the wide open guys 7 yards away he could throw to, but he doesn't look their way. He is a drive staller. We call him Bitcoin in our seats. Up right now, but down the next. Hinshaw said before the 1st of the season that Rizk and Timmy were neck and neck. It seems like people discount Rizk.

I think Timmy is coachable. He has potential to be a good QB. He fits Gus's scheme as well. He needs to work on throwing the ball away when he is in trouble and not try to make a play every down. I think the other thing he needs to be able to do is set himself up as a team leader. The team definitely played better when JRP was QB. If they played the same way when Timmy was in, I think we would have kept Timmy in longer.

Reactions: U C to the F
I think our guy isn't on the roster yet....

Timmy is FAR from trash, go look at the stats....FAR BETTER stats than the 3 guys above. But there was something missing from his game but nobody has correctly figured it out.

Is it confidence? Afraid he is going to be benched after a couple of picks? Uncomfortable with the system? This system is very fast twitch, have to make decisions quickly. probably the best part of Plumlee's game. Who knows what T-Mac was missing.

I think T-Mac and Rizk will have opportunities to compete with whoever the new guy is. Williams and Smith should take off.
I had a lot of faith in Timmy but the running backwards moves and taking a 16 yard sack really made me question him as a P-5 starter.

I went back and looked and Dylan's Hudl tapes and I think he has greater potential than Timmy even though Timmy has more experience. I hope they give him a fair shot as our QB 1. I would really like to see what he can do. His size makes him more suitable for Gus's QB killer offense. At 6'-2" 205 pounds compared to 6'-1" and 196 pounds, he's not that much bigger but I think he has better down field vision and doesn't seem to panick or run backwards.

I went back and looked and Dylan's Hudl tapes and I think he has greater potential than Timmy even though Timmy has more experience. I hope they give him a fair shot as our QB 1. I would really like to see what he can do. His size makes him more suitable for Gus's QB killer offense. At 6'-2" 205 pounds compared to 6'-1" and 196 pounds, he's not that much bigger but I think he has better down field vision and doesn't seem to panick or run backwards.
Well in all fairness, he only played in garbage time vs Villanova.....not a valid comparison.

I will now be the first to say EJ Colson

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Well in all fairness, he only played in garbage time vs Villanova.....not a valid comparison.

I will now be the first to say EJ Colson
Not comparing playing time because Dylan hasn't really had much to compare to.

Reactions: Collinsco
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT