ADVERTISEMENT

President's Speech

A televised Presidential debate to share what? What new information was shared in the President's ten-minute remarks that made them worthy of prime time coverage?

It was nothing more than the same old sh*t that Trump's been peddling since the start of his campaign. The real problem with it was that if and when a real crisis surfaces, the networks will think twice before covering it.

I have a radical idea then for you. Ready for it? Got a pen and paper?

Don't watch. If there mere site of President Trump delivering remarks is too much for you to handle, then go do one of the weird activities you surely do in your free time.

Wow, what a concept! :)

Reactions: UCFWayne
85's posts: pure lies and insane shit
DS's posts: logic and facts

This is painful to watch

My biggest problem with his speech was using the term "fellow Americans". Everybody knows that the word fellow is a dogwhistle for sexists. Would you walk up to a group of self identying women and say "hey fellows"? Would you grab a "fellow" by the pussy? And by saying "American" he was clearly indicating his crazy fascist white nationalist beliefs. Um, hello orange person? Some of us do not identify as Americans.

I have a radical idea then for you. ...

Don't watch. If there mere site of President Trump delivering remarks is too much for you to handle, then go do one of the weird activities you surely do in your free time.

Wow, what a concept! :)

It's true I have zero confidence in Donald Trump. None. Zero. Nadda. BUT, like it or not, he IS my President And when my President asks for time for an address to the people, I've always listened, whether I voted for the guy or not.

But when my President gets on TV and wastes this precious opportunity to spout more of his lies and campaign rhetoric, I feel betrayed.

If Presidents start doing this, more and more people will take 85's advice and ignore it all. Yeah, that's a recipe for a strong democracy I tell ya!!! [eyeroll]

It's true I have zero confidence in Donald Trump. None. Zero. Nadda. BUT, like it or not, he IS my President And when my President asks for time for an address to the people, I've always listened, whether I voted for the guy or not.

But when my President gets on TV and wastes this precious opportunity to spout more of his lies and campaign rhetoric, I feel betrayed.

If Presidents start doing this, more and more people will take 85's advice and ignore it all. Yeah, that's a recipe for a strong democracy I tell ya!!! [eyeroll]

lol so you watch something knowing you're going to bitch, whine, and hate every second of it just so you can maintain a sanctimonious position.

But thank God you're trying to safeguard our democracy :rolleyes:

My biggest problem with his speech was using the term "fellow Americans". Everybody knows that the word fellow is a dogwhistle for sexists. Would you walk up to a group of self identying women and say "hey fellows"? Would you grab a "fellow" by the pussy? And by saying "American" he was clearly indicating his crazy fascist white nationalist beliefs. Um, hello orange person? Some of us do not identify as Americans.

It's really embarrassing when Crazyhole amuses me with sh*t like this.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This is why I love this board, this shit is just so goddamn funny. Ya'll are amazing, please pick up a career in standup.
I mean, I was making a joke so I’ll take this as a compliment. I find it funny when people try to justify the cost of something by trying to simplify it or put it other terms(like the amount of coffees).

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I mean, I was making a joke so I’ll take this as a compliment. I find it funny when people try to justify the cost of something by trying to simplify it or put it other terms(like the amount of coffees).

I know you were. Funny thing is your example is probably the most common one I've heard when I ask the question "what am I getting out of the wall". I wish I could explain to these red hatters that I did indeed pass Elementary school math and can divide the cost of the wall by the number of Americans, I didn't ask how much it costs.

Driving home tonight I heard a conservative talk show host express typical Red Hat outrage that those evil Democrats would hold up the Government for a "mere" $5 billions dollars.

He said it was a "paltry amount" in the grand scheme of things. This from the same people who used to wring their hands about our federal deficit.

Driving home tonight I heard a conservative talk show host express typical Red Hat outrage that those evil Democrats would hold up the Government for a "mere" $5 billions dollars.

He said it was a "paltry amount" in the grand scheme of things. This from the same people who used to wring their hands about our federal deficit.

Oh were you forced to listen to this station too??

:joy:

Such a fraud

Another deflect, and personal attack from 85.

Yeah, it's his way of getting in the last word when he has nothing.

The reality is that I have spent more years as a registered Republican than a registered Democrat. I listen to MSNBC, NBC and ABC--as well as occasionally check in to see what Fox, Rush, and Hannity have to say. It's one of the reasons I smile when one of our Usual Suspects regurgitates some talking point he heard from Rush or Fox News and act like it's his own thoughts. Free thinking here is limited to creative insults. :)

Yeah, it's his way of getting in the last word when he has nothing.

The reality is that I have spent more years as a registered Republican than a registered Democrat. I listen to MSNBC, NBC and ABC--as well as occasionally check in to see what Fox, Rush, and Hannity have to say. It's one of the reasons I smile when one of our Usual Suspects regurgitates some talking point he heard from Rush or Fox News and act like it's his own thoughts. Free thinking here is limited to creative insults. :)

Oh look- Rush and Fox reference!

Lazy liberal alert! Lazy liberal alert!

Everyone drink!

I have no problems with Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer using every arrow in the quiver to get what they want.

dems first said that walls dont work. after realizing just how dumb it sounds to say that theyve shift to saying they are too expensive. we already have hundreds of miles of walls and barriers on the border. the problem is they arent effective. they need to be updated and this is a justifiable expense. there are plenty of areas that perhaps drones and other techniques might be better.

drug are another issue. the newer more effective walls would help but i know most come through the ports of entry. so of course money needs to be spent on newer technologies for detecting at these ports of entry. these are all common sense things.

i dont know why reforming the current immigration policies in exchange for these updated border security measures isnt being discussed.

dems first said that walls dont work. after realizing just how dumb it sounds to say that theyve shift to saying they are too expensive. we already have hundreds of miles of walls and barriers on the border. the problem is they arent effective. they need to be updated and this is a justifiable expense.

You know what, Wayne?
If the President has handled this like a true leader, I have no doubt that money to 'update' our border security would have been acceptable to a majority in Congress as well as the American People.

But you and I both know the President has manufactured a 'crisis' and has his focus solely on 'A Wall,' one that he spent his entire campaign saying that Mexico would pay for. But now, 20 days into a Government shutdown, it's 'the Dems' who are playing political games? Did you know that the "Support the Wall" advertisement that played the evening of the President's address, one that asked citizens to put their money behind the wall, went directly to Trump's Presidential campaign fund?

drug are another issue. the newer more effective walls would help but i know most come through the ports of entry. so of course money needs to be spent on newer technologies for detecting at these ports of entry. these are all common sense things.
I agree with enhanced technology at our ports of entry. But notice we're both talking about already- established ports of entry and not "wall-building."

You know what, Wayne? If the President has handled this like a true leader, I have no doubt that money to 'update' our border security would have been acceptable to a majority in Congress as well as the American People.

But you and I both know the President has manufactured a 'crisis' and has his focus solely on 'A Wall,' one that he spent his entire campaign saying that Mexico would pay for. But now, 20 days into a Government shutdown, it's 'the Dems' who are playing political games? Did you know that the "Support the Wall" advertisement that played the evening of the President's address, one that asked citizens to put their money behind the wall, went directly to Trump's Presidential campaign fund?

I agree with enhanced technology at our ports of entry. But notice we're both talking about already- established ports of entry and not "wall-building."
while overall numbers of people attempting to cross illegally are down, record numbers of families, at least thats what they claim, are trying to cross. our facilities to handle this are full and its getting worse. thats is not a lie. that is part of the crisis but trump always does a poor job of telling the whole story. most people believe in beefing up the security along our border including building better walls.

i dont care about his campaign promises or the other stuff because i realize that all politicians lie. he has followed through on quite a few of his promises. honestly trump shouldve gotten the wall done in his first 2 years when he had both house and senate. it was stupid to wait this long. schumer and pelosi just dont want him to get another political win.

Here's my crystal ball prediction:

1) Trump declares the border 'a national emergency' and tells the country "Screw the Dems, I'm going to take it upon myself to build the wall."

2) Congressional Democrats immediately appeal Trump's decision through the courts.

3) While the legal process goes on, Trump tells his base -- to wild cheers -- that we're building the wall dammit.

4) However the court decides the case, Trump saves face with his Base -- and Rush & Laura -- by declaring he did everything he possibly could to make the wall happen.

5) The whole issue fades in a few weeks as the Mueller Report comes out and a whole set of different issues occupy the headlines.

Here's my crystal ball prediction:

1) Trump declares the border 'a national emergency' and tells the country "Screw the Dems, I'm going to take it upon myself to build the wall."

2) Congressional Democrats immediately appeal Trump's decision through the courts.

3) While the legal process goes on, Trump tells his base -- to wild cheers -- that we're building the wall dammit.

4) However the court decides the case, Trump saves face with his Base -- and Rush & Laura -- by declaring he did everything he possibly could to make the wall happen.

5) The whole issue fades in a few weeks as the Mueller Report comes out and a whole set of different issues occupy the headlines.

This is exactly what Obama did with usurping the power to set immigration law in 2014, only it got bogged down in the courts by liberal justices and activists, and took YEARS to get to the point that it was going to get struck down finally. Hence why Trump ended the executive order last year, being unconstitutional and all.

And like I said, you guys had nooooooo issue with Obama's EO.

He was doing the right thing!

This is exactly what Obama did with usurping the power to set immigration law in 2014, only it got bogged down in the courts by liberal justices and activists, and took YEARS to get to the point that it was going to get struck down finally. Hence why Trump ended the executive order last year, being unconstitutional and all.

And like I said, you guys had nooooooo issue with Obama's EO.

He was doing the right thing!
they are more interested in being morally right than being precisely, factually, and semantically correct.

the end justifies the means for them

they are more interested in being morally right than being precisely, factually, and semantically correct.

the end justifies the means for them
This is a wild take as Trump is thinking about declaring a state of emergency 2 years into his presidency for an issue that "started under Obama." We've been living in an emergency for 2 years. This is dishonest and a loophole and everyone knows it.

But hey, the ends justify the means for us.

This is a wild take as Trump is thinking about declaring a state of emergency 2 years into his presidency for an issue that "started under Obama." We've been living in an emergency for 2 years. This is dishonest and a loophole and everyone knows it.

i really dont like the idea of trump doing this and i will be completely against it.

you probably shouldve seen the power grab by obama for what it was and been against it as well.

Literally what you left wingers were cheering when Obama violated the separation of powers in 2014 and unilaterally set his own immigration law.

The irony here gets richer and richer every time you people post.

i really dont like the idea of trump doing this and i will be completely against it.

you probably shouldve seen the power grab by obama for what it was and been against it as well.
Literally what you left wingers were cheering when Obama violated the separation of powers in 2014 and unilaterally set his own immigration law.

The irony here gets richer and richer every time you people post.
I'm on record as against when Obama did it remember.

you joined in 2011. surely you can point to your own post from when obama did the power grab instead of retroactively making suck a claim.

:joy: Wayne demands proof from 2011 for a claim, yet has no problem letting 85 spout his insane lies about "being against emergency declaration to build the wall" from this week.

You truly are 85's little bitch, how pathetic

:joy: Wayne demands proof from 2011 for a claim, yet has no problem letting 85 spout his insane lies about "being against emergency declaration to build the wall" from this week.

You truly are 85's little bitch, how pathetic

Its doesn't seem that unreasonable. Since fc joined prior to DACA there should be a record of his opposition on the server. At the same time, Wayne is stating his opposition to using that level of authority. 85 has nothing to do with it.

Its doesn't seem that unreasonable. Since fc joined prior to DACA there should be a record of his opposition on the server. At the same time, Wayne is stating his opposition to using that level of authority. 85 has nothing to do with it.

85 said he already is "on the record being against emergency declaration for building the wall" which I proved is a complete and utter lie. Wayne lets that obvious lie slide from a week ago, but demands proof from 7 years ago.

Just pointing out more hypocrisy from the red hat crowd, nothing new.

85 said he already is "on the record being against emergency declaration for building the wall" which I proved is a complete and utter lie. Wayne lets that obvious lie slide from a week ago, but demands proof from 7 years ago.

Just pointing out more hypocrisy from the red hat crowd, nothing new.
If that is true, fair enough. At the same time this gives fc a pretty easy chance to prove that he isnt revising history. That will make Wayne a hypocrite and give fc a legitimate claim on being consistent.

it's either dementia or he knows that his cult following won't care. he just bull shits everyday
Just like Obama on Gitmo, Healthcare and Lobbyists, all campaign promises or only based on utter BS, but constant changing the narrative to fit the new BS.

Blame the voter. Not me. I voted the only guy in both 2012 and 2016 with a proven track record of 0% BS.

What are everyone's thoughts? I had my 5 and 8 year old girls watch so they could see their president and I got to explain to them what rape means. That was fun.... it felt like a stream of scary statistics that were not all directly related. He didnt sell me on spending that much money on a part of a wall. 5 billion is a lot of money and I'd rather have another tax cut.
You mean what he tried to read off the teleprompter? LOL

A televised Presidential debate to share what? What new information was shared in the President's ten-minute remarks that made them worthy of prime time coverage?

It was nothing more than the same old sh*t that Trump's been peddling since the start of his campaign. The real problem with it was that if and when a real crisis surfaces, the networks will think twice before covering it.
It's all his HITLER attempt to take the focus off the Mueller investigation and everyone else going to jail. Seriously...that's what he's doing by being the man-child he is.

It's all his HITLER attempt to take the focus off the Mueller investigation and everyone else going to jail. Seriously...that's what he's doing by being the man-child he is.

I'd just like to take time to highlight this from another good little leftie extremist on the board.

Trump is now Hitler. You heard it here folks. Just stop and marvel this post of sanity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT