ADVERTISEMENT

PREVIEW: Former Asst. Coach Paul Lounsberry on UCF & MAC Writer Steve Helwick on Kent State

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
On this week's Sons of UCF LIVE: We get ready for UCF vs Kent State as we welcome in former long-time Assistant Coach Paul Lounsberry to talk about the Knights. Then, MAC Writer Steve Helwick breaks down Kent State.

Click here to watch.

On this week's Sons of UCF LIVE: We get ready for UCF vs Kent State as we welcome in former long-time Assistant Coach Paul Lounsberry to talk about the Knights. Then, MAC Writer Steve Helwick breaks down Kent State.

Click here to watch.
Interesting how Coach Paul Lounsberry mentioned how he would NEVER sit in the stands b/c the fans always criticize the coaches and players too much. That’s a good takeaway that I hope this forum hears that message.

Interesting how Coach Paul Lounsberry mentioned how he would NEVER sit in the stands b/c the fans always criticize the coaches and players too much. That’s a good takeaway that I hope this forum hears that message.
Yeah.... terrible play calling and lack of execution = getting criticized. Sounds like he's better off staying on the sidelines/ not attending games.

Coaches get compensated more than fairly, they are open game for being criticized. Also any poor play or execution on the field I still put on coaches. UCF kicking problems previously, that's not on the player, that's on the coaching staff for not having that player prepared enough or better option in place.

You can argue that some players can be criticized if they are receiving NIL compensation and have become hired players.

Reactions: The Nation of UCF
Coaches get compensated more than fairly, they are open game for being criticized. Also any poor play or execution on the field I still put on coaches. UCF kicking problems previously, that's not on the player, that's on the coaching staff for not having that player prepared enough or better option in place.

You can argue that some players can be criticized if they are receiving NIL compensation and have become hired players.

D1 coaches perform in a public forum , ..you subject yourself up to being critiqued ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT