ADVERTISEMENT

Puerto Rico Declares Bankruptcy

There was insanely low voter turnout, the number I saw was like 20-something percent. For whatever reason, the anti-statehood crowd thought boycotting the vote was a good idea instead of just voting against it. In any case, I don't think they get in. The huge debt load is the elephant in the room, but Congress will point to voter turnout to say "they must not be that interested in statehood."

There was insanely low voter turnout, the number I saw was like 20-something percent. For whatever reason, the anti-statehood crowd thought boycotting the vote was a good idea instead of just voting against it. In any case, I don't think they get in. The huge debt load is the elephant in the room, but Congress will point to voter turnout to say "they must not be that interested in statehood."

That's how they get to make their argument. If the anti-staters actually went out to vote they would still lose but have a much higher and probably close to normal voter turnout. The vote was nearly unanimous.

If Puerto Rico becomes a state, does Trump get to claim every job in Puerto Rico as a job created?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT