ADVERTISEMENT

QB recruiting

UCF0033

Three-Star Recruit
Feb 1, 2013
absolute need this class for Heup to bring in his guy, not sure what Noah will do and we need the depth...
any word on targets?

absolute need this class for Heup to bring in his guy, not sure what Noah will do and we need the depth...
any word on targets?

I posted this in another thread, but ya'll should consider Bryce Carpenter from Venice High. He is only ranked as a 2 star for some reason, but he was flat balling the whole way to the state title. He ran all over Bartram Trail in the championship. When he wasn't running he was throwing darts. He played Plant at the beginning of the season and didn't run much, but he started throwing all over them the second half.

I posted this in another thread, but ya'll should consider Bryce Carpenter from Venice High. He is only ranked as a 2 star for some reason, but he was flat balling the whole way to the state title. He ran all over Bartram Trail in the championship. When he wasn't running he was throwing darts. He played Plant at the beginning of the season and didn't run much, but he started throwing all over them the second half.

LMAO...we don't produce D1 talent in Venice. Go Indians!

I have a buddy that is a Venice grad and both he and his WR teammate who had ridiculous stats this year have been rock solid to Coastal Carolina since before the season started . Both have signed LOIs there.

I have a buddy that is a Venice grad and both he and his WR teammate who had ridiculous stats this year have been rock solid to Coastal Carolina since before the season started . Both have signed LOIs there.

I didn't realize they signed. I thought they were just verbal commits.

You probably don't find your QB of the future after being somewhere for 2 weeks, especiallybif hehas not previously verbaled. We have a stud QB that has two years left. A capable looking backup. Then a highly rated guy sitting out this year.

Hype will get his first guy or two next year.

You probably don't find your QB of the future after being somewhere for 2 weeks, especiallybif hehas not previously verbaled. We have a stud QB that has two years left. A capable looking backup. Then a highly rated guy sitting out this year.

Hype will get his first guy or two next year.
We won't know if either backup will transfer till after game. Which also means we are already looking for guys to sign in February just in case.

This kid transferred in. Not sure about his rushing skills but certainly looks like he has potential as a passer. I watched him play locally, he led the state in passing in '15. Very accurate, nice touch, extends plays. Similar to KZ with maybe better mechanics. If Vedral leaves he could compete with Mack on the depth chart.

oE4QVU.png

Last edited:
This kid transferred in. Not sure about his rushing skills but certainly looks like he has potential as a passer. I watched him play locally, he led the state in passing in '15. Very accurate, nice touch, extends plays. Similar to KZ with maybe better mechanics. If Vedral leaves he could compete with Mack on the depth chart.

oE4QVU.png

He is not on scholarship. UCF needs at least 4 QBs on scholarship to build up depth since QB is the most changed position (% wise, from injuries to transfers to changing positions, etc...) on the field.

Injuries alone haver knocked 2 QBs out early for some teams (see Maryland) while Memphis and UH once lost 3 QBs in just the first month.

He is not on scholarship. UCF needs at least 4 QBs on scholarship to build up depth since QB is the most changed position (% wise, from injuries to transfers to changing positions, etc...) on the field.

Injuries alone haver knocked 2 QBs out early for some teams (see Maryland) while Memphis and UH once lost 3 QBs in just the first month.

Agree about the need. Perhaps this kid should be on scholarship....

oE4QVU.png

I like Wake Forrest QB transfers.

And walk ons like Baker Mayfield, Colt Brennan and Brandon Weeden never work out

Reactions: JAFFX2
And walk ons like Baker Mayfield, Colt Brennan and Brandon Weeden never work out

Or position players like Brandon Alexander, JJ Worton and Robbie Weaver.

For every QB Walk-on that makes it, another 200 plus do not. Heck, even the wash out rate for scholarship QB''s is probably 60-70%, hence why you need as many as you can get.

any word on targets?
False, if Vedral was going to transfer, it probably wouldve been done by now. add to that NU got 4 star Martinez at QB, Vedral would be a fool to go. Even without vedral, we have 1 great Qb and Mack who has potential out the A$$. Not many QB's are chomping at the bit to sit behind MM for 2 years, then sit behind Mack their remaining 2 years because next year he is a Redshirt Freshmen.

Its not a need, its a "nice to have" if we get a qb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT