ADVERTISEMENT

Question about UCF scholarships

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
I honestly do not know the answer to this question.

All athletic scholarships used to be for one year and had to be renewed. But a few years back, many programs began offering "gaureenteed" athletic scholarships for the term of an athlete's eligibility, provided the athlete met advancement toward degree requirements.

Is UCF one of those programs?

I see a lot of "chicken eaters" from the previous regime still on the roster. They are dead weight, satisfied with riding pine, just want a pregame meal (chicken), and take away a spot that could be given to an actual contributor. Gus has ran many of these guys off, but several remain. Patrick Barnett, for example.

I can only assume these guys have "gaureenteed" scholarships. What say ye Knight faithful?

I honestly do not know the answer to this question.

All athletic scholarships used to be for one year and had to be renewed. But a few years back, many programs began offering "gaureenteed" athletic scholarships for the term of an athlete's eligibility, provided the athlete met advancement toward degree requirements.

Is UCF one of those programs?

I see a lot of "chicken eaters" from the previous regime still on the roster. They are dead weight, satisfied with riding pine, just want a pregame meal (chicken), and take away a spot that could be given to an actual contributor. Gus has ran many of these guys off, but several remain. Patrick Barnett, for example.

I can only assume these guys have "gaureenteed" scholarships. What say ye Knight faithful?
woah mr auburn man, you don't know anything about him, calling him out of his name like that.

woah mr auburn man, you don't know anything about him, calling him out of his name like that.
I found the answer: No. UCF does not gaureentee its scholarships,

Gus Malzahn, however, believes scholarships should be "gaureenteed" and follows NCAA policy, which forbids Power 5 programs from canceling scholarships.

Chicken eaters win in the 'everyone gets a trophy' society.

I wonder how many players Scott Frost processed to flip an 0-12 roster to a 13-0 roster in just two years. I also wonder what happened when he got to a P5 school and couldn't process guys anymore.

Last edited:
Just b/c someone doesn’t get playing time doesn’t mean they aren’t contributing or a person of need. Scout/practice teams need bodies, team needs depth. Not everyone can be a starter or on the 2 deep.

Frost didn’t process anyone to my knowledge, team had talent on it from GOL. But he and his staff did utilize some under utilized players i.e. Shaqueem Griffin…maybe you heard of him, he single handily destroyed Auburn’s offense in the Peach Bowl.

Coaches can only let the kid know he won’t play. Not good practice to kick kids off that come to practice every day and are getting a degree because you want someone else to sit on bench. Turnover is crazy as it is. You don’t need to kick good kids off team.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT