ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting in Florida is about to get crazy

1. FIU, USF, and FAU all hired new coaches this offseason
2. Who cares? ESPN propping up Charlie Strong didn't prevent Frost from bringing in the Best class in the AAC and the best in the East Division for the 2nd straight cycle. It's clear Charlie is friends with a lot of them with the amount of defending they did for him at Texas up until he was fired.

About to get crazy? The most crucial time just passed. I also don't see FAU and FIU coaches staying there long.

Reactions: Mikesi
1. FIU, USF, and FAU all hired new coaches this offseason
2. Who cares? ESPN propping up Charlie Strong didn't prevent Frost from bringing in the Best class in the AAC and the best in the East Division for the 2nd straight cycle. It's clear Charlie is friends with a lot of them with the amount of defending they did for him at Texas up until he was fired.
Charlie who?? He's clearly a downgrade from Willie. After this year, USF is going to see a drop off in their record. Let our domination and the smackdown begin!

Charlie who?? He's clearly a downgrade from Willie. After this year, USF is going to see a drop off in their record. Let our domination and the smackdown begin!
Strong's always been a great recruiter. Already, despite arriving late and losing all the recruits Taggart took with him to Oregon, USF didn't do too badly this year recruiting ranks.

Reactions: Miltonian
Strong's always been a great recruiter. Already, despite arriving late and losing all the recruits Taggart took with him to Oregon, USF didn't do too badly this year recruiting ranks.
Most of the local recruits have no idea who he is

it's not the same climbing up the ladder Strong that was at Louisville
Yeah, but he hasn't recruited in Florida since these kids were about 10 years old and most of the kids now know him as the coach who failed miserably at Texas and was basically forced to leave/fired.

I think we expect guys like Strong and Randy Shannon at UF to be good recruiters based on the past, when the reality is many kids don't see it that way.

They see the things in recent memory that Frost has to offer and eventually even the "Oregon offense" will eventually be a distant memory if he doesn't get it going here at UCF to continue the excitement.

My opinion is that Strong doesn't excite people to come to USF as much as we think,

Reactions: Poolside Knight
it's not the same climbing up the ladder Strong that was at Louisville
They see the things in recent memory that Frost has to offer and eventually even the "Oregon offense" will eventually be a distant memory if he doesn't get it going here at UCF to continue the excitement.[/QUOTE]
Tell that to Penn State's suddenly resurgent program, courtesy of a QB whose coach is playing textbook Oregon to a T. And Penn State has always recruited heavily in Florida.

Tell that to Penn State's suddenly resurgent program, courtesy of a QB whose coach is playing textbook Oregon to a T. And Penn State has always recruited heavily in Florida.
Makes absolutely no sense. Your post
Is incoherent[/QUOTE]
I'll try to put it in words even you can understand. Major P5 teams like Penn St. have just adopted the Oregon offense, and it helped enable to turn their program around. So now that Oregon has fired its coach, Frost will still not be the only one playing that offense. And top Florida recruits will be contacted by big name, successful P5 schools that play the Oregon offense, too.

Makes absolutely no sense. Your post
Is incoherent
I'll try to put it in words even you can understand. Major P5 teams like Penn St. have just adopted the Oregon offense, and it helped enable to turn their program around. So now that Oregon has fired its coach, Frost will still not be the only one playing that offense. And top Florida recruits will be contacted by big name, successful P5 schools that play the Oregon offense, too.[/QUOTE]
That I can understand?
Thanks, but you've gone off on such a tangent of the point about Strong being a big Florida recruiter years ago, that it's not even worth responding to anymore. I don't think anyone can understand why that is.

I don't think that even you can as a professor can get back on track as most professors don't care to listen.

I'll try to put it in words even you can understand. Major P5 teams like Penn St. have just adopted the Oregon offense, and it helped enable to turn their program around. So now that Oregon has fired its coach, Frost will still not be the only one playing that offense. And top Florida recruits will be contacted by big name, successful P5 schools that play the Oregon offense, too.
That I can understand?
Thanks, but you've gone off on such a tangent of the point about Strong being a big Florida recruiter years ago, that it's not even worth responding to anymore. I don't think anyone can understand why that is.

I don't think that even you can as a professor can get back on track as most professors don't care to listen.[/QUOTE]
Most of your recent posts have been content-free personal attacks, though I certainly praise most of your posts.Must have hated some of your profs back when.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT