ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is terrible.

Advantage of Florida recruiting, a school out in a middle of nowhere Connecticut, might get 1 great player every once in a while. A HS in FL may churn out great players every few years, I rather recruit the Florida HS player that his friends will go I want to follow. As oppose to the Connecticut kid that won't create any type of pipeline.
Yeah why should UCF go to a state far away to get some random player. It’s not like that’s ever worked out before.....

Reactions: Mazuru
Yeah why should UCF go to a state far away to get some random player. It’s not like that’s ever worked out before.....
Yeah, we have never establish pipelines outside of the state of Florida. Particularly not in places like Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, Hawaii, etc.*

tenor.gif

Advantage of Florida recruiting, a school out in a middle of nowhere Connecticut, might get 1 great player every once in a while. A HS in FL may churn out great players every few years, I rather recruit the Florida HS player that his friends will go I want to follow. As oppose to the Connecticut kid that won't create any type of pipeline.
It seems we have a pipeline to Hawaii. Just win baby!

Reactions: shacket
Maybe we should build a recruiting wall. Call Trump!

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Yes. Damn.
That's why I said QBs above. RBs haven't been bad :) Calabrese is a good, enthusiastic player who just didn't pan out as a passer. Troy Green wouldn't have made my flag-football team :)

FYI: My roommate who was our QB and I who played receiver won the flag football tournament at UCF back in the day and were scheduled to go to New Orleans. However, we never made it because one of our players dropped all his school classes the day before our weekend tournament. He didn't tell us that and played in the tournament any way. We wound up being disqualified from the tournament because of this. My roommate was on the tennis team, not even a football player and he was better than Troy :) My organized football playing days had ended in H.S.

Last edited:
That's why I said QBs above. RBs haven't been bad :) Calabrese is a good, enthusiastic player who just didn't pan out as a passer. Troy Green wouldn't have made my flag-football team :)

FYI: My roommate who was our QB and I who played receiver won the flag football tournament at UCF back in the day and were scheduled to go to New Orleans. However, we never made it because one of our players dropped all his school classes the day before our weekend tournament. He didn't tell us that and played in the tournament any way. We wound up being disqualified from the tournament because of this. My roommate was on the tennis team, not even a football player and he was better than Troy :) My organized football playing days had ended in H.S.
I just forgot Murray was from NY.

Our rating on 247 actually went down with the latest commit that has a dozen P5 offers and is 6'7". We are doomed*
The ratings are garbage for the most part. USF bumped way up after getting this guy with no picture and FCS/Sun Belt/MAC offer to flip from Bowling Green.

https://247sports.com/player/dequan-stanley-46102352/

Meanwhile Anthony Williams who has offers from 3 SEC and 4 ACC schools is rated much much lower.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT