ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I'm sure this was already shared, but Iowa State under Golesh regularly sent out the most offers of any FBS school. I think we will see our numbers of offers jump significantly. He will have a lot of lines out and once in a while a big fish will bite.

Reactions: shacket
I see Knight sees no need to address my post where I bring up that our 247 sports recruiting ranking (which is apparently the be-all-end-all evaluation tool when it comes to coaching) is right in line with what it's been during our best years. In the preceding decade, the decade that put us on the map and included 5 conference championships. 3 NY6 bowl appearance, 2 victories in those NY6 Bowls and a 35-4 record over our last 39 games. Our average finish in 247 sports recruiting rankings was 66th, this year our ranking is 67th. Could go up or down a couple of spots before it's finalized. Under Heupel our average ranking is 63rd, 3 spots better than that average. So please again explain to me how recruiting has gone in the tubes since Heupel took over?

By not getting a back this year, who likely would not have played this year anyway, it sets us up to get an evern better back next year. With Otis and McCrae both leaving after this 2020 season, and BT with only 1 year left at that time, in the 2021 cycle the promise of immediate playing time will lead to strong interest from a number of impact quality backs. Sure it would have been nice to get one now, but we can't expect to stack them in storage like the high level P5s. But our brand is strong enough to get very good backs when we need to have them.

By not getting a back this year, who likely would not have played this year anyway, it sets us up to get an evern better back next year. With Otis and McCrae both leaving after this 2020 season, and BT with only 1 year left at that time, in the 2021 cycle the promise of immediate playing time will lead to strong interest from a number of impact quality backs. Sure it would have been nice to get one now, but we can't expect to stack them in storage like the high level P5s. But our brand is strong enough to get very good backs when we need to have them.
We got a back that ran for 2600 yards this year. He’s rated 87 by 247. Name is Johnny Richardson.

Are you even serious now? The kid doesn't even have a recruiting profile in any of the recruiting services. This has to be a preferred walk on offer.

Golesh and Heupel are really doing it now. SMH.
Dude, I literally handled it for you. Why did you even respond? I cant tell from your response if you just dont get it or what.

No, I am obviously not "even serious now" yes obviously this is a PWO, obviously not a big get. I just thought I would preemt your post so we didnt all have to read the predictable shit you write, but it backfired since you decided to write back to back posts LMAO. I'm not making a fool out of myself, everyone else got it man. You need perspective in your life... virgin I am guessing?

So what's the point man?
The point is everyone knows your schtick and it is very tired at this point. Get some new material and stop polluting the recruiting thread. I went to a lot of effort to help you out man. I made you your own thread for you to use, I even posted for you so you didn't have to. And still you pollute the recruiting update thread with your drivel. You need a time out.

The point is everyone knows your schtick and it is very tired at this point. Get some new material and stop polluting the recruiting thread. I went to a lot of effort to help you out man. I made you your own thread for you to use, I even posted for you so you didn't have to. And still you pollute the recruiting update thread with your drivel. You need a time out.

Tell me exactly what recruting info is out there? If anything develops I will post about it here.

A PWO commit is something to get excited about? We are less than a week away from NSD.

Tell me exactly what recruting info is out there? If anything develops I will post about it here.

A PWO commit is something to get excited about? We are less than a week away from NSD.
Holy shit man you still don't get it?

The joke was that you consistently jump on here with negativity about every recruit. When I saw a no star PWO commit, I knew you were going to be back at it again with your white vans, so I just took care of it for you. The fact that you still don't get it and you still think I am arguing with you about the quality of the recruit is just crazy. You have been yelling at the wall for too long, you think everything is arguing with you. To be clear, I was not arguing with you, you hadnt even posted yet, I was MOCKING you.

The joke was that you consistently jump on here with negativity about every recruit. When I saw a no star PWO commit, I knew you were going to be back at it again with your white vans, so I just took care of it for you. The fact that you still don't get it and you still think I am arguing with you about the quality of the recruit is just crazy. You have been yelling at the wall for too long, you think everything is arguing with you. To be clear, I was not arguing with you, you hadnt even posted yet, I was MOCKING you.

I have expressed "negativity" about a JAG QB.Who else? I am hoping that we land a couple of good recruits to close the year. What's wrong with that?

I have expressed "negativity" about a JAG QB.Who else? I am hoping that we land a couple of good recruits to close the year. What's wrong with that?
Cameltoe, you have posted extensively about our recruiting class being a failure, our coaches being bad recruiters, etc. Just go read your post history. You have 3 basic posts:
1. UCF Recruiting and coaching staff sucks
2. The cows and the 4th or 5th best coach from Clemson are going to overtake UCF very soon
3. Cincinnati is outrecruiting us (this one is fair this year, I won't give you a hard time)
I want us to pick up a few nice splash recruits as well, and some of your posts have good legitimate information that I like, but even you have to know you are the most negative poster on the board about recruiting. This is a down recruiting year, but there is a reason people call you chicken little, cameltoe, etc. and that doesn't happen to anyone else. I'm sorry man, it doesn't have to be this way.

Reactions: ahabmw

Vans? The way he throws fits I don’t think he’s gotten out of his stride rites yet

AmusedAnnualIchidna-size_restricted.gif

When Knight of Camelot speaks :)

Reactions: ahabmw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT