ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I felt like Dallaz Corbitts 4* from ESPN got factored in the evening before signing day. Oh well, we'll see.
Hopefully it will. Richardson got bumped from 5.4 rivals (.81) to 5.5 (.833) but its clear they are still using the .81 in their composite. .81 + .87 / 2 gives .84 and they show a .8395 (rounding error). With the updated rivals he should be in the .852 range.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Hopefully it will. Richardson got bumped from 5.4 rivals (.81) to 5.5 (.833) but its clear they are still using the .81 in their composite. .81 + .87 / 2 gives .84 and they show a .8395 (rounding error). With the updated rivals he should be in the .852 range.
What about ESPNs rating of him? Is that dragging it down?

Navarro is a mix between KZ and Manziel? This forum is an absolute joke. I am expected to agree with all the stupidity that gets thrown around here? It will never happen.
Dude. Read what I said. And chill the hell out. It's a resemblence, it was clearly stated that I wasn't saying he was that good and that your 12 year old ass didn't need to overreact. I anticipated this response specifically from you and tried to tell you to stay off the ledge, but you just cant handle it.

But while we are out here acting like 12 year olds, go look at KZ and Johhny Manziel's recruiting rankings. They weren't that good either were they? Roll the tape, Navarro is talented, he may not work out, but Wright may not have worked out either, you just don't know. I have my gripes with Heupel as well for sure, but the guy has never done anything to make us think he isn't AWESOME at evaluating QB talent.

You need to quit being so predictably chicken little, I try to give you credit when you make a legit point, but this is definitely not the time to make a mess in your pants lil homie.

Reactions: Yaes
We had Wright who I really liked as a prospect. Heupel loses Wright and gets an absolute JAG. Everyone here is more than fine with it? Heup doesn't even have to do anything, the entire mob here is ready with a million silly excuses. This really makes me sick.
I liked Wright too, for sure. But my dude definitely got told that he would start at Vanderbilt in the SEC or Northwestern in the Big 10. He's a super smart academically motivated kid and he was going to ride the pine for at least 2 years at our AAC school that is nowhere near as strong academically as Vandy or NW. Just be real dude, we could have had Jesus Christ himself (Jeff Scott) recruiting for us and Wright probably still would have done what he did because he thought it was the best choice for him and his family.

Imagine you are Mike Wright's dad and you have Heupel and then the Vandy and NW HC in your living room back to back. Do you think your son should ride pine behind DG or start at a top 25 academic school (your kid has multiple Ivy offers and is super smart and wants to be an engineer). Is that not a crazy hard pull to UCF? Personally I think Wright LOVED UCF based on his social media, I think he made a mix of a playing time and non-football related decision that was outside the control of our recruiters. Heupel definitely has his faults for sure, but Jeff Scott absolutely would not have gotten Wright.

Makes me sick too. Heupel can do no wrong.
I think Heup screwed up on not keeping Sam Brown, that one stung for me and I make no excuse for him there. Wright was just a tough situation and a heavy lift.

I am not "more than fine" with recruiting, I have definitely bitched about it a lot on here. When it comes to QBs though, Heup really seems to know what is going on better than any of us IMO. If we don't get another really nice receiver and a big RB by late signing day you will see me on here bitching that Heup can't recruit for sure.

I think Heup screwed up on not keeping Sam Brown, that one stung for me and I make no excuse for him there. Wright was just a tough situation and a heavy lift.

I am not "more than fine" with recruiting, I have definitely bitched about it a lot on here. When it comes to QBs though, Heup really seems to know what is going on better than any of us IMO. If we don't get another really nice receiver and a big RB by late signing day you will see me on here bitching that Heup can't recruit for sure.

FB totes the line between sarcasm and truth, don’t take him too seriously. He is known for sparking recruiting with his fire everyone threads. (Scientifically proven I might add)

FB totes the line between sarcasm and truth, don’t take him too seriously. He is known for sparking recruiting with his fire everyone threads. (Scientifically proven I might add)
Fair, I'm not upset about it just wanted to make a point of clarification. You can like Heupel's QB recruit without being a 100% nut hugger of the guy.

Wonder what it will be tomorrow. It’s funny that basically all the UCF commits have increased in ratings after committing or signing rather than decreased. The only one that decreased was Coleman who we processed in favor of Hodges and Brown. It’s almost like the coaches know a little bit about what they are doing.
Hands down coaches know more. I believe since he wasn’t highly recruited until the last month, no one looked at his tape from 247 as they do with most. Now that they have tape on him I think his regular 247 will jump too.

Hands down coaches know more. I believe since he wasn’t highly recruited until the last month, no one looked at his tape from 247 as they do with most. Now that they have tape on him I think his regular 247 will jump too.
of course they do. all programs are looking for an edge, if one of these rivals or 24/7 or scout before them, espn, whoever knew how to scout talent like that they would be employed by the schools making a lot more than what rivals is paying them.

Reactions: UCFootball14
Makes me sick too. Heupel can do no wrong.

The people here hype every recruit like he was the future coming of a NFL MVP. Every time.

Before the season I flat out told everyone here that Wimbush sucks. I told everyone Gabriel should start.

They tried to mock me and ridicule me non stop. Supposedly out talent and coaching is so much better than ND's that Wimbush would be exponentially better than he was there. They know nothing.

The people here hype every recruit like he was the future coming of a NFL MVP. Every time.

Before the season I flat out told everyone here that Wimbush sucks. I told everyone Gabriel should start.

They tried to mock me and ridicule me non stop. Supposedly out talent and coaching is so much better than ND's that Wimbush would be exponentially better than he was there. They know nothing.

KOC:Stars are all that matters but only during early signing day

also KOC: Start the 3star that no one wanted until their rosters were full over the 5 star.

Dude you’re an idiot. Nobody’s hyping anyone as an NFL MVP. Congrats on being the only person who thought Gabriel should start...well except for the coaches who you are 10 times smarter than.

Dude you’re an idiot. Nobody’s hyping anyone as an NFL MVP. Congrats on being the only person who thought Gabriel should start...well except for the coaches who you are 10 times smarter than.

Wimbush sucks, Quadry is a JAG, Mack is average and Gabriel is darn GOOD. I tell it like it is and dont care if you and the rest of the people here don't like it.

We have, right now, the right guy starting and he is very good. We have a bunch of bodies behind him.

Wimbush sucks, Quadry is a JAG, Mack is average and Gabriel is darn GOOD. I tell it like it is and dont care if you and the rest of the people here don't like it.

We have, right now, the right guy starting and he is very good. We have a bunch of bodies behind him.
I think Mack is pretty good. Also, you don't get to play the straight shooter, call it how it is guy. You launch into the internet equivalent of shrieking histerics about how the west florida cows are overtaking us... and you do it regularly. Congrats on thinking Gabriel will be good, many of us did, including the coaching staff.

You are not the one true fan of the UCF Knights... some people are just a little more positive and optimistic about certain recruits. The vast majority of FBS programs would trade their whole QB room for our QB room. You know this to be true. It's really hard to recruit 4 star QBs to not start for multiple years on an AAC team. We gon be alright lil homie.

They just don't understand your genius.

I think Mack is pretty good. Also, you don't get to play the straight shooter, call it how it is guy. You launch into the internet equivalent of shrieking histerics about how the west florida cows are overtaking us... and you do it regularly. Congrats on thinking Gabriel will be good, many of us did, including the coaching staff.

You are not the one true fan of the UCF Knights... some people are just a little more positive and optimistic about certain recruits. The vast majority of FBS programs would trade their whole QB room for our QB room. You know this to be true. It's really hard to recruit 4 star QBs to not start for multiple years on an AAC team. We gon be alright lil homie.

Mack is an average QB that did well in a great offensive system. I dont have an issue with the coaching itself. I have an issue with the poor recruting by this staff.

Also, that is a myth started here about our QB room. We have a very good QB and a some bodies behind him. Where did Quadry go before he changed his mind? Alabama State. Where do you think Mack would go? Somewhere similar.

You can’t call a staff out for poor recruiting until you see the results of said recruiting, with that said, UCF has been in the top 3 of G5 schools in recruiting ranking each of the past 3 seasons under Heupel and staff. It remains to be seen how these classes will finish up in terms of on the field results. If you are looking for a high number by the team in a recruiting ranking among the P5 teams then you will forever be bitching. If you are looking for a high number by the team in poll ranking, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: ahabmw
You can’t call a staff out for poor recruiting until you see the results of said recruiting, with that said, UCF has been in the top 3 of G5 schools in recruiting ranking each of the past 3 seasons under Heupel and staff. It remains to be seen how these classes will finish up in terms of on the field results. If you are looking for a high number by the team in a recruiting ranking among the P5 teams then you will forever be bitching. If you are looking for a high number by the team in poll ranking, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I am looking at the offers we make and who we actually get. I am looking at this recruting class objectively. I am looking at a staff that desperately needs Florida recruiters.

I agree with you that Gabriel, who is 9-3 at UCF, is darn good. But by comparison, doesn't that mean Winbush is pretty darn good also as he was 14-3, including 13-3 at Notre Dame? For those of us who are results oriented it does.

Mack is an average QB that did well in a great offensive system. I dont have an issue with the coaching itself. I have an issue with the poor recruting by this staff.

Also, that is a myth started here about our QB room. We have a very good QB and a some bodies behind him. Where did Quadry go before he changed his mind? Alabama State. Where do you think Mack would go? Somewhere similar.
You left out Gabriel and the Ghost of KZ and PK Navarro but yeah. Dude lots of schools have shitty QB's look around. Just relax. We gon Win 11+ games in 2020. In 2021 we will also win 11+ games. Things are pretty good it will all work out.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Navarro is a mix between KZ and Manziel? This forum is an absolute joke. I am expected to agree with all the stupidity that gets thrown around here? It will never happen.
Then why do you keep coming back? Save yourself some heartache for goodness sake.

Reactions: shacket
I'll post as much as I want and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. I present an informed opinion.

Tell me how we happen to whiff on every single top player in Central Florida? How? This is poor recruting plain and simple.

http://interactive.orlandosentinel.com/recruiting/2020/central-florida-super60/
You sound like the song "It's my party, I'll cry if I want to!" If you keep stomping that same foot you're going to have one leg shorter than the other.

Reactions: shacket and ahabmw
I'll post as much as I want and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. I present an informed opinion.

Tell me how we happen to whiff on every single top player in Central Florida? How? This is poor recruting plain and simple.

http://interactive.orlandosentinel.com/recruiting/2020/central-florida-super60/
That’s cute. Most of the super 60 aren’t even P6 caliber players. UCF could fill an entire class from this super 60 with ease as it would the best offer for 2/3 of them.

For some perspective, UCF has had a few super 60 players each of the past couple years. Only the top 20 are really scholarship worthy players. 2018 Coles was #14 and Seidelman was #17. Quadry was also in the super 60 but walked on. 2019 Raymond Cutts and Matt Lee we’re both in there pretty high. Maybe some of this years super 60 will be coming as walk ons. But if you look at guys outside of about the top 10-15 they aren’t getting a scholarship from UCF.

edit: believe Coles was actually a walk on in 2018. Again I wouldn’t be surprised to see several “super 60” that are in the upper portion of the list walk on at UCF.

Last edited:
Filling needs is far more important than recruiting rank. For example, in the last few years, FSU,and to some extent Miami, have had relatively high ranking classes. The ranks were largely accomplished on the basis of overkill and redundancy in skill positions, while neglecting many of the needs in the trenches, especially the offensive line. They got their high ranking recruiting classes, and disappointing results on the field.

On the contrary, UCF may not have recruited as high rated players at each position, but we have sufficiently addressed all positions of pressing need in each cycle in the last several years. If they were not addressed with incoming freshmen, it was done with Jucos or though the portal. That is how you field solid lineups. Not because you have 7 four star cornerbacks on the bench, with 4 or 5 of them planning their exit each year because you keep over recruiting the position and, as such, wasting scholarships and recruiting manpower.

This time of the recruiting cycle has become anti-climatic as walk-ons and transfers trickle in over time. These often fill depth needs for positions rather than become starters.

Of all your terrible posts, and there are many, this is the most ignorant. Sorry, but true.

Keenan Cupit, Devonte Brown, and Jordan Davis were all bumped up today in the composite.
Davis went from 5.5 to 5.6 in rivals
Cupit went from 80 to 82 in 247
Brown went from 82 to 85 in 247

keep em coming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT