ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Both our guards seem to be top notch? Tempo makes it hard to tell where our pass blocking deficiencies are

Line was on the better side of good but anytime our QB throws multiple picks in all three losses it starts with the wall in front of him, except maybe Cincy that just oversaturated the field with DBs

Last edited:
I guess you can say the UNC game will tell us how good we are recruiting. Our recruits looked pretty good against Stanford last season :) We will be tested by the UNC QB, have no doubt about that.

Our QBing will be better this year and defense should be special.

Actually, this should be one of those years GOL use to look forward to when
you're stacked with juniors and seniors in 2-deep. Last season we had a mostly freshmen or red-shirt freshmen, sophomore defensive line.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I guess you can say the UNC game will tell us how good we are recruiting. Our recruits looked pretty good against Stanford last season :) We will be tested by the UNC QB, have no doubt about that.

Our QBing will be better this year and defense should be special.

Actually, this should be one of those years GOL use to look forward to when
you're stacked with juniors and seniors in 2-deep. Last season we had a mostly freshmen or red-shirt freshmen, sophomore defensive line.
since the DB unit is our most experienced should we run a 3-3-5 and test Howell's accuracy/force them to keep it on the ground?

Not sure how many ACC teams tried this out last year to be confident in its success

Reactions: ReturnOf
Looks like Cutts is out of the picture which is a blow. Hopefully we hit Dline hard to make up for the loss. He was one of our big gets in the 2019 class.

Wow! Really sorry to read about this not just because of the loss to the team but because of the loss to this young man who had so much ahead of him. Can only pray it all turns out okay and he gets his life together to face an uncertain future. Prayers go out to you Raymond.
read that this arrest is related to the first so its not like he got into more trouble. just new charges I suppose. Either way doesn't seem like his problems will be going away anytime soon. What would be the odds of them getting dropped a second time

Reactions: KnightGeist
Sometimes the universe lets you off the hook and gives you a second chance. Other times it reels you in for the shit you did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Endeavor.
Because he’s going to get bigger and stronger when he gets in to our strength training and nutrition program. How often do you see a safety that is 6’4” and 240 lbs?

I mean he could stay at 205 pounds at 6'4'' like I am lol. Some schools might have approached him to become a linebacker and he wasn't interested in changing positions. You can get stronger and stay the same weight. Granted, you will hit a limit on strength quicker at 205 pounds rather than 240 pounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT