ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Great get. Anyone know what the burning building in his profile pic represents? I know I've seen that image before but can't recall from where
Minnesota target I think?

Last edited:
Minnesota target I think?
So I was able to track it down, it's an affordable housing complex in Minneapolis that was under construction that was burned down in May.. I wonder why he chose that picture

Because he’s going to get bigger and stronger when he gets in to our strength training and nutrition program. How often do you see a safety that is 6’4” and 240 lbs?
not everyone is capable of packing on the pounds like that. yes he's 6'4" but he's only 175 lbs and you're talking about 65 pounds. Antwan Collier was another tall skinny high school safety and he's still under 200 lbs going into his senior year.

Sorry, I meant to say 6'4", 220 not 240. Because even at safety, he won't last long without being hurt all the time at 175.

I assume that’s for BJ Ragland. It says he’s OL/DL but I assume we’re recruiting him for defense since he’s only 6’2”. There was a video of him dunking at 295 pounds so he must be pretty athletic.
Don’t think it’s Ragland.

Reactions: Beach Knight
I assume that’s for BJ Ragland. It says he’s OL/DL but I assume we’re recruiting him for defense since he’s only 6’2”. There was a video of him dunking at 295 pounds so he must be pretty athletic.
I’d like to see, if someone can dunk at 6’2” at 295, that’s off the charts impressive

Reactions: Knight Strength
What do you all think of Jalen Hunt?

Pretty sure we are all full at the skill position now with 4 receivers and 2 running backs. I can't find a recruiting profile for him and from his Twitter he is indicating all his offers are FCS level or below.

Very impressive. I think that’s the kind of explosion that would be amazing at dt. Almost reminds me of a Trysten Hill athleticism.
Yea hope he commits and turns out great. Trysten had next level burst off the line, not ready to compare this guy with an NFL lineman just yet!
But everyone is unknown until they aren't so the potential could have always been there.

Just offered BJ Ragland's teammate. We are his biggest offer. I think they will both commit to us, we will see if they remain in the class. Ragland looks like a beast on tape though, but I suck at evaluating tape.
thats weird, his tape is really good. he already has size and he's not slow or anything like that. I think his offer list will grow, glad we got on board early with him.

Last edited:
As of now our average rating for the 2021 class is higher than every other year.

Too early to judge and not sure if comparisons across years is fair, but it's still useful too know how we're doing relatively... @knightsofcamelot
While I do think this class is a very good class I tend to not read into the rating all that much. I value the other offers much more. However, the other offers can be flawed because kids don’t always announce every offer they get or the site is not updated. This class is imo actually the best one based on that criteria of looking at offer lists, but like you said it is still early on.

Even though Golesh’s strategy of offering practically only tight ends for two months looked really odd, we ended up with two very good tight end commits. Golesh and offensive staff is showing they can recruit.
They had already shown that they could recruit. It's just that some people refused to believe it thinking that a change in jobs would cause them to lose the ability to do the same things that they have achieved at their previous job.

Reactions: PhDee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT