ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I know it doesn’t matter but how are we now ranked behind USF after we both had an unranked recruit rated in the 83s? We have the same number of commits, our average is almost .9 higher and we have higher rated recruits at the top of the class. The only advantage they have is that they have a punter ranked 77 and our last player is unranked.
The reason is precisely what you surmised. They have an extra rated recruit.

I know it doesn’t matter but how are we now ranked behind USF after we both had an unranked recruit rated in the 83s? We have the same number of commits, our average is almost .9 higher and we have higher rated recruits at the top of the class. The only advantage they have is that they have a punter ranked 77 and our last player is unranked.

We have the same number of commits but an unranked player contributes nothing towards your total points on 247.

Reactions: Knight Strength
We have the same number of commits but an unranked player contributes nothing towards your total points on 247.
Interesting I just figured our reasonably higher average would be more helpful than a 77 rated player. Oh well. Jaylon Griffin should be rated eventually

The AAC recruiting story is ongoing. Everyone's average is in a close range and there's a lot of time left.

One exception may be that SMU has a 4* QB and QB play makes a world of difference in CFB.

Reactions: Knightro20
Interesting I just figured our reasonably higher average would be more helpful than a 77 rated player. Oh well. Jaylon Griffin should be rated eventually

You can look here to see how the points are distributed. Not sure how they calculate it. Only thing I've noticed is that adding higher rated recruits can lower the point contribution of lower rated recruits.

The AAC recruiting story is ongoing. Everyone's average is in a close range and there's a lot of time left.

One exception may be that SMU has a 4* QB and QB play makes a world of difference in CFB.

Yep, way too early to make any calls. Two months ago we had like three recruits and Cinci looked far ahead of everyone. I think in the end SMU will be on top if they get Savion Byrd, a very high rated 4 star. There's eight CBs saying he goes to them.

Yep, way too early to make any calls. Two months ago we had like three recruits and Cinci looked far ahead of everyone. I think in the end SMU will be on top if they get Savion Byrd, a very high rated 4 star. There's eight CBs saying he goes to them.

SMU is soooooo big money in this area. Their bag men are at upper P5 level, not middling G5. Weird because no one really supports them around here. Much more of a TCU area with large minorities of Texas and TAMU.

SMU is soooooo big money in this area. Their bag men are at upper P5 level, not middling G5. Weird because no one really supports them around here. Much more of a TCU area with large minorities of Texas and TAMU.
They paid Dickerson a butt load.

You can look here to see how the points are distributed. Not sure how they calculate it. Only thing I've noticed is that adding higher rated recruits can lower the point contribution of lower rated recruits.

Players have a value based on their 24/7 composite score.

However, only a team's top recruit gets 100% of their value. For each player after the top player, the team gets a smaller and smaller percentage of the original value.

I don't know the exact percentages, but it's something like

Top Player: 100% of value
Next Best Player: 98% of value
Third Best: 93% of value

and so on. By the time you get to your 12th best player, you're not getting a whole lot of points for them.

That also means that any time you recruit a high level player, it pushes the percentage of value you're getting from anyone lower than them down.

Anyway, I don't know if it's been acknowledged here, but Ethan Mort got bumped up half a point in the composite yesterday.

Players have a value based on their 24/7 composite score.

However, only a team's top recruit gets 100% of their value. For each player after the top player, the team gets a smaller and smaller percentage of the original value.

I don't know the exact percentages, but it's something like

Top Player: 100% of value
Next Best Player: 98% of value
Third Best: 93% of value

and so on. By the time you get to your 12th best player, you're not getting a whole lot of points for them.

That also means that any time you recruit a high level player, it pushes the percentage of value you're getting from anyone lower than them down.

Anyway, I don't know if it's been acknowledged here, but Ethan Mort got bumped up half a point in the composite yesterday.
Great explanation!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT