ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Do we know why he's transferring?
I think he said to be closer to home. He’s from Miami. My biggest concern with him is that he didn’t consider Miami in high school because he didn’t get along with a few players who were committed there. That might also be a good thing depending on why they didn’t get along but it’s hard to know.

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
We moved up to Warmer for Winsome Frazier along with Iowa State. There was a CB put in for him to Iowa State a little over a week ago, but only a 6 for confidence. Sounds like we still have a chance of getting him; he retweeted something about him coming to UCF yesterday.

apparently he has Iowa state currently ahead of us

That's not too surprising, he seems more interested in them based off his twitter. The surprising thing is how they convince kids to go from Florida to Iowa.
Especially during corona. Also, I think it is hard for big12 because they don’t play any games really in Florida. It’s much harder for friends and family to come watch them play.

Reactions: john_gkco
That's not too surprising, he seems more interested in them based off his twitter. The surprising thing is how they convince kids to go from Florida to Iowa.
Their bagmen must be legit. They’ve been getting a few good recruits the past few cycles.

Beede put in a 7 confidence CB for Winsome Frazier to Iowa State. He's announcing 7/26. Really don't understand what is so attractive about the last two decades of their program.

Last edited:
Beede put in a 7 confidence CB for Winsome Frazier to Iowa State. He's announcing 7/26. Really don't understand what is so attractive about the last two decades of their program.
How many of their players eventually get drafted? We have a nice record of getting WRs drafted. Maybe they have a nice track record for CBs

How many of their players eventually get drafted? We have a nice record of getting WRs drafted. Maybe they have a nice track record for CBs

I was considering something like that but the last time they had a DB drafted was 2005. They actually didn't have any players drafted from 2015 to 2018, and last year had 2: RB and WR. They have one CB active in the NFL, Jamal Perry who signed as a free agent.

I was considering something like that but the last time they had a DB drafted was 2005. They actually didn't have any players drafted from 2015 to 2018, and last year had 2: RB and WR. They have one CB active in the NFL, Jamal Perry who signed as a free agent.
I don’t think recruits completely respect the American yet. It does not have the history of the other conferences.

I don’t think recruits completely respect the American yet. It does not have the history of the other conferences.
I think it's the conference then. The coaches probably hype them up over there schedule that plays OSU, Penn St, Michigan, etc.

Reactions: Yaes

Hope this is a sign that we still have a chance with Ja’Marian Peterson. Would be a big get for us and he doesn’t seem to be super interested in any particular school on Twitter.

Hope this is a sign that we still have a chance with Ja’Marian Peterson. Would be a big get for us and he doesn’t seem to be super interested in any particular school on Twitter.
Turnier is probably pushing 300 now. I downloaded our players weight last year so I can see how much they improved in the off season when the new weights come out.

Why does he thank the Atlantic Administration? I look him up and he went to Palm Beach Lakes. Schools are 25 miles apart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT