ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Ravished might be a bit much. He’s had 3 seasons. 2 of the top 5 seasons in program history (2 of the 5 seasons finishing ranked) plus a 6-4 Covid season. Meanwhile you are swinging from Jeff Scott’s nuts when he has 0 career wins vs FBS teams.

He inherited a 13-0 team that had just beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. The program has regressed steadily under his watch. In a COVID year, his leadership and presence were nowhere to be found.

Anyone that expects the current trend to reverse itself is actually fooling himself.

Last edited:
He inherited a 13-0 team that had just beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. The program has regressed steadily under his watch. In a COVID year, his leadership and presence were nowhere to be found.

Anyone that expects the current trend to reverse itself is actually fooling himself.
Yeah he inherited a generational QB that didn’t lose. Then he got injured. Neither Heupel nor Frost nor Sumlin nor whatever coach was available would have fended of “regression” from 13-0 and 10-0 under Milton.

Obviously, Dungeonites and Heupelites are not mutually exclusive but it would be interesting to know the rate of inclusion for those that fall into both stratas?

Keep in mind that all Heupelites are Dungeonites but not all Dungeonites are Heupelites.

Obviously, Dungeonites and Heupelites are not mutually exclusive but it would be interesting to know the rate of inclusion for those that fall into both stratas?

Keep in mind that all Heupelites are Dungeonites but not all Dungeonites are Heupelites.

Yeah he inherited a generational QB that didn’t lose. Then he got injured. Neither Heupel nor Frost nor Sumlin nor whatever coach was available would have fended of “regression” from 13-0 and 10-0 under Milton.
Not to mention there were 5-6 people who got a chance at the NFL that didn’t carry over to 2018.

He inherited a lot of talent, sure - but let’s not act like he didn’t lose anybody either

I know we tried this last year and it didn’t work... but can we revisit the idea of 2 separate pinned threads at the top of the board.
1) recruiting update - just keep it to the news of prospects, commits, decommits, transfer. Just the facts
2) state of the program / recruiting / coaching debate forum - the shouting and the name calling can go here

we are using the pinned recruiting thread as the catch all for all topics - rather than having other topics in the forum... sort of defeats the purpose of this whole endeavor

I know we tried this last year and it didn’t work... but can we revisit the idea of 2 separate pinned threads at the top of the board.
1) recruiting update - just keep it to the news of prospects, commits, decommits, transfer. Just the facts
2) state of the program / recruiting / coaching debate forum - the shouting and the name calling can go here

we are using the pinned recruiting thread as the catch all for all topics - rather than having other topics in the forum... sort of defeats the purpose of this whole endeavor
It would be hard to prevent 100% of the bleed over but, in principle, I think this would be great.

Who is/are our mods here? (I’m assuming they would need to implement)

Reactions: Yaes
Be careful what you ask for. Last time the mods actually looked they made it boring. Deleted threads and started saying there were rules. Then they stopped looking again. I’d rather them not come here at all. Quite a few have an elitist attitude from the Dungeon as it is.

Be careful what you ask for. Last time the mods actually looked they made it boring. Deleted threads and started saying there were rules. Then they stopped looking again. I’d rather them not come here at all. Quite a few have an elitist attitude from the Dungeon as it is.

I think all we are asking it to pin one more thread- just like with everything else in life - self/group moderation should be the goal. If someone posts in one topic but should be in the other - just remind and then eventually don’t respond

I just really want to be able to come to the recruiting thread and see the news - and on days I want to debate, go to the debate thread

Reactions: Knight Strength
I think all we are asking it to pin one more thread- just like with everything else in life - self/group moderation should be the goal. If someone posts in one topic but should be in the other - just remind and then eventually don’t respond

I just really want to be able to come to the recruiting thread and see the news - and on days I want to debate, go to the debate thread
This is the free board so Mods don’t get paid to do anything to it. You can ask but it wasn’t great the last time they looked here. Nothing was pinned until 2 years ago. You can start your own thread and say updates only. No arguing. Then get notifications when someone comments. Won’t be pinned but if people contribute weekly it won’t get lost in shuffle. Pinned only works for lurkers anyway.

I think I remember a lot of posters here asking for a few new pinned threads but it never happened. Lots of free boards have volunteer mods. Not sure why that isn't a thing here. Maybe to push more dungeon subscriptions? Not sure if that's how it works.

I think I remember a lot of posters here asking for a few new pinned threads but it never happened. Lots of free boards have volunteer mods. Not sure why that isn't a thing here. Maybe to push more dungeon subscriptions? Not sure if that's how it works.

I would not mind paying but there's little information there that I would useful. I doubt that it would well with Dungeonites. Those boys are very sensitive.

I would not mind paying but there's little information there that I would useful. I doubt that it would well with Dungeonites. Those boys are very sensitive.
You’re so full of crap, you joined the dungeon and quickly left after the free trial. How’s the detail reporting that you promised every body you would do over two months ago coming? You’ve now said you would leave 10 times yet here you still are. #pathetic

Also, nice that when you call posters out you don’t tag them (I guess it’s too complicated) instead you their names and hope no one responds thus making your case stronger.

you’ll notice I liked a few of your posts recently. I’ll say it again, some of your insight is fine, I don’t even mind your view in recruiting or Heup. The way you talk in definite’s and I’m am the greatest and you are all imbiciles does show you have a real inferiority complex in life. It’s a bad look for this board, and the acceptance you clearly seek isn’t going to come from us. I don’t know what your issue is but I truly do think you need help. I’m not responding to you anymore and really do hope you take a look at what your life has become to want to come on here and talk $hit. Maybe it’s the only way people engage with you socially? Either way, I wish you well and hope you find something bigger in life than the fake persona you’ve created here. If you are getting married congrats! I hope you can take comfort in her instead of this board.

Heupel et al are bad for the program. 1) His 5 play offensive playbook is predictable and easy to game plan for by any decent defensive coaching staff. The ridiculous tempo is to cover-up the uncreative, limited offensive scheme. There’s a reason he succeeded early on and it had nothing to do with him...play-makers/winners will create opportunity regardless of the position they’re put in. Unfortunately, the playmakers have all moved on. 2). Recruiting has been horrific across the board. He/his staff have 0 local HS relationships. Personally I know 2 local HS coaches who have reached out to UCF coaches to promote great players who want to stay local. There is little to no interest from the staff. 3) heupels ignorance and inability to adjust has been extremely costly. We all know the definition of insanity so let’s look at heupels game planning. Has anything changed game to game or during the game. He continues to run the EXACT plays over and over with the same result. Yes, it works against weak opponents but look at his record against teams with winning records. It’s time to move-on! I don’t blame DW for leaving....he has since realized Heupel and Dawkins were really bad hires and he had to leave before they destroyed his reputation of hiring the best!!

Teams with a .500 winning record are now eligible for bowl games, not impresssed. In my opinion, it’s not good enough. If UCF wants to get national attention with hopes of a P5 invite we have to win the “big” games. Heupel has lost all of them (LSU, Pitt, BYU, Memphis, Tulsa, etc)

Teams with a .500 winning record are now eligible for bowl games, not impresssed. In my opinion, it’s not good enough. If UCF wants to get national attention with hopes of a P5 invite we have to win the “big” games. Heupel has lost all of them (LSU, Pitt, BYU, Memphis, Tulsa, etc)

I can't remember the last time we beat a ranked team. I know it was in 2018.

You’re so full of crap, you joined the dungeon and quickly left after the free trial. How’s the detail reporting that you promised every body you would do over two months ago coming? You’ve now said you would leave 10 times yet here you still are. #pathetic

Also, nice that when you call posters out you don’t tag them (I guess it’s too complicated) instead you their names and hope no one responds thus making your case stronger.

you’ll notice I liked a few of your posts recently. I’ll say it again, some of your insight is fine, I don’t even mind your view in recruiting or Heup. The way you talk in definite’s and I’m am the greatest and you are all imbiciles does show you have a real inferiority complex in life. It’s a bad look for this board, and the acceptance you clearly seek isn’t going to come from us. I don’t know what your issue is but I truly do think you need help. I’m not responding to you anymore and really do hope you take a look at what your life has become to want to come on here and talk $hit. Maybe it’s the only way people engage with you socially? Either way, I wish you well and hope you find something bigger in life than the fake persona you’ve created here. If you are getting married congrats! I hope you can take comfort in her instead of this board.

Stop stalking and insulting me Captain Ahab. Fake persona? Is yours real? What have you offered to the forum?

It would make me happy to see DW take Heupel with him, very happy. What about you? What do you have to say? Still chasing Moby Dick?

The only games of those that were big were LSU and BYU. The others were just losses in games. They weren’t “big” games. I consider P5 games, games against the cows, games against ranked teams, conference championship games, and bowl games as big games. Either trophy games or resume games you will remember like a P5 win. Heupel is 9-4 in those games.

The only games of those that were big were LSU and BYU. The others were just losses in games. They weren’t “big” games. I consider P5 games, games against the cows, games against ranked teams, conference championship games, and bowl games as big games. Either trophy games or resume games you will remember like a P5 win. Heupel is 9-4 in those games.
One with Mack as QB. 9-3.

That is true.

WR Credle looking at transferring to Georgia State? Whose been getting in that kids head? What a horrible decision if he leaves UCF offense for Georgia State. Just because you're in the portal doesn't mean you have to leave like the QB who returned to us last season from portal, Jones? We have some really good passers on our team at QB and the WRs are going to get lots of action.

WR Credle looking at transferring to Georgia State? Whose been getting in that kids head? What a horrible decision if he leaves UCF offense for Georgia State. Just because you're in the portal doesn't mean you have to leave like the QB who returned to us last season from portal, Jones? We have some really good passers on our team at QB and the WRs are going to get lots of action.
For whatever reason I thought Georgia State had a triple option offense.

He wanted to be closer to home. Georgia State was his preferred landing spot since before he even hit the portal.

Reactions: Knight Strength
He wanted to be closer to home. Georgia State was his preferred landing spot since before he even hit the portal.

He left because Heupel made promises to him and his family that were not kept.
Coaches should never be desperate enough to promise recruits or transfers anything.

Coaches should never be desperate enough to promise recruits or transfers anything.
Well either way he moved to the closest FBS school to his home town. Stone cold hard fact. He also reportedly had very “involved” parents who wanted him to transfer out. But feel free to believe what you want I guess.

BULLSH$T!!!! If you think any UCF coach made him or any other recruit promises than you are a bigger moron than you have proven thus far.......

Last edited:
BULLSH$T!!!! If you think any UCF coach made him any other recruit promises than you are a bigger moron than you have proven thus far.......
Yeah I’m not even sure what “promises” could even theoretically be made in this dude’s mind. That he would get playing time as a true freshman? He did. That he would be a starter and top receiver on the team over players that will play on Sunday? I find that hard to believe. It could also be that the WR coach (who is now gone) sucked. But some “Heupel promise” (which nobody even knows what that means) is not it.

Reactions: JAFFX2
His uncle said he’d be given the chance to make plays. Then they threw him quick screens when he was targeted. They wanted vertical routes.

His uncle said he’d be given the chance to make plays. Then they threw him quick screens when he was targeted. They wanted vertical routes.
Really, his uncle? How many true freshman even get to see the field? Maybe he shouldn't have been taking advice from uncle Fester...........

It's finally starting to look like we're going to be getting good QB recruits on a regular basis here. Hope that the RB recruiting improves as well. We got good ones but the bigger backs stay away from us. Speaking about the running game: I hope that Heupel is taking notes about how effective the Bucs running game is with Gronk blocking for RBs :) Get 'er done staff.

What's everyone's take on Bryce Archie, Georgia QB recruit. When I watch his film he doesn't look bad to me but his receivers make him look better than he may be. Did we go after any of his receivers?

It's finally starting to look like we're going to be getting good QB recruits on a regular basis here. Hope that the RB recruiting improves as well. We got good ones but the bigger backs stay away from us. Speaking about the running game: I hope that Heupel is taking notes about how effective the Bucs running game is with Gronk blocking for RBs :) Get 'er done staff.

Looks like Heupel was hired tonight by Tennessee, Lebby as OC and plenty of smoke about Dillon Gabriel going to transfer portal to join Heupel and Lebby at Tennessee.

That's what Vols fans are saying now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT