ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

As of right now, do you think we will land anymore transfers for 2021? I’ve heard some names float around. Or should we save scholarships for 2022 players?
I'm thinking maybe King to play LB because it's a big position of need and we could get a couple of years out of him.

Reactions: ahabmw
I'm thinking maybe King to play LB because it's a big position of need and we could get a couple of years out of him.
I'd Iike to add that it's my belief (and I think the consensus on this side of the board) that we don't want any more transfers unless they're immediate+high impact guys who will start for at least a couple of years.

Last edited:
I feel like I read somewhere that one of our recruiting targets was committing today. Anybody remember who it was?

It looks like Leyton didn't end up committing. Not sure if the info I read on his commitment date was bogus. Grant Stevens picked Costal Carolina and I've also read that we're going to miss on Tyrus Washington.

Edited for typo

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how we even utilize the TE position. We have a ton of TEs on roster from the last bozo staff, early playing time is probably definitely an issue that both Stephen’s and Washington have mentioned is important to them in interviews.

Will be interesting to see how we even utilize the TE position. We have a ton of TEs on roster from the last bozo staff, early playing time is probably definitely an issue that both Stephen’s and Washington have mentioned is important to them in interviews.
Two recently recruited TEs transferred out. Behind Hescock its Marsh-Wojan and Charlie Browder. Not much D1 experience.

I don't think we suck, I just think there is a big difference in getting them on campus and getting them committed or signed.
If I can be 4th string at Arkansas or UCF why would I not just go to the SEC?

At least after 2-3 years I could transfer out of Arkansas if things don't work. But transferring out of UCF is a lot harder after 2-3 years.

If I can be 4th string at Arkansas or UCF why would I not just go to the SEC?

At least after 2-3 years I could transfer out of Arkansas if things don't work. But transferring out of UCF is a lot harder after 2-3 years.
Perhaps because at UCF you might be better that 4th string and get more playing time. Why else?

High confidence CB came in today for UCF
Nikai Martinez
4 star DB from Apopka

Awesome win if this follows through.....local star and tap into a local power pipeline, Apopka.
Deep offer list......!

Reactions: ahabmw and Yaes
Personally feel CB is our biggest position of need. Im not a betting man but this guy could start day one.
LB is THE position of need but I agree we could use more quality CBs next. Hoping Wilson, Francois and a transfer (Domio maybe) can show up big.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT