ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I hope he returns good Player and safety. Personally think after watching the video back when it happened it got blown out of proportion. Do agree they deserved to be punished but feel a bunch of players were made examples of and maybe weren't Heupel guys.
he was one of the losses I thought really killed the DB depth

he was wrong but I understand it was an emotional year

just looked at his profile and not really clear if he is returning to ucf. maybe fsu?

Reactions: Flem3000
Hope we land King Mwikuta from Alabama to finish the LB room, any word on who’s interested in him? I feel as if Gus will get at least 1-2 more transfers to fill the roster spots. Any transfer names you guys heard?
We already have too many transfers. It’s also late in game. We are killing our draft class in December with each transfer. We might have to gray or blue shirt a guy or 2.

We currently have CB Nikai in the c/o 2022, if we can somehow land another decent CB (Domio maybe), Caden Story at DL, w/ him and Keahnist at DL in this cycle would be legit. Have Francois and Divaad implemented and showing out with multiple yrs eligible….need a couple guys with speed and grit at LB like Cole Joyce maybe from 2021. Tatum and Baptist are young and still developing, got a lot of game experience last year and I like them. The transfers, underclassmen and recruits on defense w/ coaches implementing complimentary football could prove to be huge improvement. Oh, add in the addition of Davis and Big Kat w/ the added year of development of Cam bam and Morris-Brash….we have the pieces.

Let’s see, I’m not so doom and gloom. We had holes and size/speed deficiencies all over the defense spare Robinson and Grant last year. You have to realize we added some HUGE pieces and have a coaching staff that won’t leave the defense high and dry. I’m expecting a big defensive difference with only a marginal offensive dip.

We currently have CB Nikai in the c/o 2022, if we can somehow land another decent CB (Domio maybe), Caden Story at DL, w/ him and Keahnist at DL in this cycle would be legit. Have Francois and Divaad implemented and showing out with multiple yrs eligible….need a couple guys with speed and grit at LB like Cole Joyce maybe from 2021. Tatum and Baptist are young and still developing, got a lot of game experience last year and I like them. The transfers, underclassmen and recruits on defense w/ coaches implementing complimentary football could prove to be huge improvement. Oh, add in the addition of Davis and Big Kat w/ the added year of development of Cam bam and Morris-Brash….we have the pieces.

Let’s see, I’m not so doom and gloom. We had holes and size/speed deficiencies all over the defense spare Robinson and Grant last year. You have to realize we added some HUGE pieces and have a coaching staff that won’t leave the defense high and dry. I’m expecting a big defensive difference with only a marginal offensive dip.
Didn’t even mention any of the offensive adds we had. This coaching staff has done a fantastic job reloading there. Jordan Johnson was huge, Antony Richardson and I’m telling you Bowser is a huge get for us to have that big back. I think Bowser is going to come up HUGE for us in short yardage/goalines, just watch.

Don't sleep on Ricky Barber, big time motor and always has a chip on his shoulder.

Don't sleep on Ricky Barber, big time motor and always has a chip on his shoulder.
Also don't forget Bryson Armstrong FCS all American..This kid can play..He is more experienced than any DB we have...I envision this.
..........................Divaad Wilson

Marco Domio...........................Jarvis Ware

B Armstrong-E.Gilyard-JJ Ba-C thort

Big Cat-Cam Good-KDavis-Ricky B

Last edited:
Also don't forget Bryson Armstrong FCS all American..This kid can play..He is more experienced than any DB we have...I envision this.
..........................Divaad Wilson

Marco Domio...........................Jarvis Ware

B Armstrong-E.Gilyard-JJ Ba-C thort

Big Cat-Cam Good-KDavis-Ricky B
At LB.....I worry whether he can find a position to make an impact at his size.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
At LB.....I worry whether he can find a position to make an impact at his size.
That's why I have him as a outside linebacker..he can play a third receiver..Or we can send him on blitz packages...in Middle I have our bigger backs thorton is in there also in case they have a 4th receiver..we have depth behind them as well..We can interchange them according to what teams use...We can disguise coverages.

That's why I have him as a outside linebacker..he can play a third receiver..Or we can send him on blitz packages...in Middle I have our bigger backs thorton is in there also in case they have a 4th receiver..we have depth behind them as well..We can interchange them according to what teams use...We can disguise coverages.
I don’t think he has speed to cover any wr. Maybe a RB that isn’t fast. TEs will run him over.

I don’t think he has speed to cover any wr. Maybe a RB that isn’t fast. TEs will run him over.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/ThisManEvan?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ThisManEvan</a> 👀 <a href="https://t.co/pHhfwOCnAd">pic.twitter.com/pHhfwOCnAd</a></p>&mdash; Bryson Armstrong (@B_strong07) <a href="">May 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wouldn't quite say he is slow..His speed is underrated and he hits like a a mack Truck...I think he will surprise u.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/ThisManEvan?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ThisManEvan</a> 👀 <a href="https://t.co/pHhfwOCnAd">pic.twitter.com/pHhfwOCnAd</a></p>&mdash; Bryson Armstrong (@B_strong07) <a href=" ">May 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wouldn't quite say he is slow..His speed is underrated and he hits like a a mack Truck...I think he will surprise u.
I’m hoping.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/ThisManEvan?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ThisManEvan</a> 👀 <a href="https://t.co/pHhfwOCnAd">pic.twitter.com/pHhfwOCnAd</a></p>&mdash; Bryson Armstrong (@B_strong07) <a href=" ">May 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feels like he’d be a great qb spy against ridder

Feels like he’d be a great qb spy against ridder
You read my mind..Honestly this is what I was thinking...with our front 4 stopping the run This guy is perfect to contain the Quarterback....Against spread teams this guy is perfect...We will use this system a lot this year since we have passing teams with mobile Quarterbacks...Against Navy this system works best as well because of the way there system runs the ball..and Memphis Cincinnati as well...Outside containment is Essential and this player can stop Players and negate gains.. His experience at reading defense is best out of all guys we have. This guy is strong and can rip balls from any running backs and receivers..Now if teams are using a power Running game then yes we need a bigger LB..I just want all to know not many do a power running game...Only Memphis used the Widcat and a power running scheme similar to Gus. When Memphis uses this we can beef up linebackers... Remember Henderson RB from Memphis ran Wildcat and gashed us for 200 + yards in half in 2018 ..They got hurt and didn't have depth to keep it up but other AAC teams all use smaller backs..South Florida used all DB in our 2017 game because linebackers couldn't keep up with our receivers...We may do same.. but we have enough depth to change out...

Last edited:
Reactions: ahabmw and Yaes
Aren’t we still in high 50s and 3rd in AAC?
That’s due to only 8 signings. If you look at our average player rankings, we are in like the high 30s to 40s. The quality of player this class is really really high. And personally, I’d rather bring in a smaller class of ballers and use the transfer portal for bodies, and than use 25 every year on half that aren’t good enough. Just my take though.

That’s due to only 8 signings. If you look at our average player rankings, we are in like the high 30s to 40s. The quality of player this class is really really high. And personally, I’d rather bring in a smaller class of ballers and use the transfer portal for bodies, and than use 25 every year on half that aren’t good enough. Just my take though.
When is Nikai Martinez supposed to announce?

He looks like he would fit the "Money LB" position that TJ Bullard alluded to in his interview. We will see. I'm very disappointed that Eriq Gilyard never developed into a dominant player. I don't know if it was coaching or lack of instinct, he just seemed always out of position or 2 steps behind. Really hope he has a break through camp with this new coaching staff.

Reactions: Yaes
I agree with this. Especially since this is Gus' first season. I'd rather him bring in a bunch of disgruntled, but talented players via transfer for this season and maybe a few next season to plug in any glaring needs. These transfers will help carry the program until Gus can get his player development going here. The class rankings don't mean much to me this year. I'm looking for quality, not quantity. Give me five to seven 4 star recruits instead of twenty 3 star guys.

Reactions: Yaes
I agree with this. Especially since this is Gus' first season. I'd rather him bring in a bunch of disgruntled, but talented players via transfer for this season and maybe a few next season to plug in any glaring needs. These transfers will help carry the program until Gus can get his player development going here. The class rankings don't mean much to me this year. I'm looking for quality, not quantity. Give me five to seven 4 star recruits instead of twenty 3 star guys.
Who wouldn’t want 7 , 4 star, guys? That’s probably not going to happen. That would mean every guy from now on would be 4 stars.

He looks like he would fit the "Money LB" position that TJ Bullard alluded to in his interview. We will see. I'm very disappointed that Eriq Gilyard never developed into a dominant player. I don't know if it was coaching or lack of instinct, he just seemed always out of position or 2 steps behind. Really hope he has a break through camp with this new coaching staff.

Who wouldn’t want 7 , 4 star, guys? That’s probably not going to happen. That would mean every guy from now on would be 4 stars.
Well, we're already at 2 and there are a bunch that are considering UCF still so 7 is not as long of a shot as you'd think. I'm not saying we'll get to 7, but I'd like us to at least get to 5. Ultimately, it'll be based on the performance on the field. If we win the conference and stay ranked the majority of the year, recruiting will take care of itself. But if we struggle on the field, we probably wont get many more of the 4 stars recruits. I'm optimistic though.

Well, we're already at 2 and there are a bunch that are considering UCF still so 7 is not as long of a shot as you'd think. I'm not saying we'll get to 7, but I'd like us to at least get to 5. Ultimately, it'll be based on the performance on the field. If we win the conference and stay ranked the majority of the year, recruiting will take care of itself. But if we struggle on the field, we probably wont get many more of the 4 stars recruits. I'm optimistic though.
According to 247 we have 1 four star right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT