ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Here is his senior year on Hudl.

Wonder why we haven't heard anything about him in press reports. He must be the secret weapon.

Last edited:
I know he transferred from Kent State but haven't found out when he did that.
Must have been within the last week by I just looked at the roster last week. Looks like he has 1 or 2 years of eligibility.

Must have been within the last week by I just looked at the roster last week. Looks like he has 1 or 2 years of eligibility.
He looks like a very good QB but he also does run the ball very well

Gaining 70 LBs doesn’t sound healthy.
170 was from High school in 2016. 245 is most recent. If it's all fat, agreed. If it's a mixture of fat and muscle, it could be manageable depending on his frame and nutrition. But you're probably right, 70lbs is alot.

Looks like he joined the team August 15 according to his tweets.

Last edited:
170 was from High school in 2016. 245 is most recent. If it's all fat, agreed. If it's a mixture of fat and muscle, it could be manageable depending on his frame and nutrition. But you're probably right, 70lbs is alot.

I’m kind of confused on RB. Most of his tweets say he’s been at QB camps during the summer. He replaced Harvey I’m assuming.

Seems he went to Kent State weighing 231 pounds and since then has 14 pounds more. That’s better than jumping from 175 to 245 in a shorter period of time.

Flashes Welcome Quarterback Woody Barrett
1/15/2018 4:43:00 PM

Story Links
Kent State recently announced the signing of quarterback Ervin "Woody" Barrett to a national letter of intent. At 6-2, 231 pounds, Barrett transfers in from Copiah-Lincoln Community College after spending one season at Auburn. He will begin spring semester classes on Tuesday and carries three years of eligibility as a redshirt sophomore in 2018.

Seems he went to Kent State weighing 231 pounds and since then has 14 pounds more. That’s better than jumping from 175 to 245 in a shorter period of time.

Flashes Welcome Quarterback Woody Barrett
1/15/2018 4:43:00 PM

Story Links
Kent State recently announced the signing of quarterback Ervin "Woody" Barrett to a national letter of intent. At 6-2, 231 pounds, Barrett transfers in from Copiah-Lincoln Community College after spending one season at Auburn. He will begin spring semester classes on Tuesday and carries three years of eligibility as a redshirt sophomore in 2018.
He’s been to 4 schools now. I’m thinking he only has this year and next if they give him a Covid free year.

I’m not sure what to make of all the players who left Auburn signing up for a second ride on the Gus Bus.

On one hand, says a lot about how even players who left still want to play for Gus again. And always good to give second/third chances to good kids.

On the other, these are quite a few journeymen now being added to the team. How bad was the depth chart that adding a kid on his 4th school still makes sense?

No, he was Class of 2016....so he is done after this year and he stated that on Twitter.
If you’re going by his Twitter he’s still in Kent and his picture shows their uniform. No official announcement from anyone. To be eligible this year didn’t he have to get here by July?

I’m not sure what to make of all the players who left Auburn signing up for a second ride on the Gus Bus.

On one hand, says a lot about how even players who left still want to play for Gus again. And always good to give second/third chances to good kids.

On the other, these are quite a few journeymen now being added to the team. How bad was the depth chart that adding a kid on his 4th school still makes sense?
It doesn’t. I doubt he plays. Must be a favor.

If you’re going by his Twitter he’s still in Kent and his picture shows their uniform. No official announcement from anyone. To be eligible this year didn’t he have to get here by July?
No, I read the text he wrote within the last month....did not bother with pictures and such.

We lost 4 RBs, McCrae, Anderson, Thompson, Harvey. We are pretty lacking in terms of experience

my respect for your pic 📈📈📈

Should we be starting to worry with all these transfers that are jumping on the Gus Bus that some of our very talented players will start to leave? Surely they committed to come here with quite different expectations. Just a thought.

Alot of these are 1 year guys, so I don't think many leave (Hundley leaving bothers me though). Quite honestly, Gus wasn't happy with the cupboard the previous staff left and upgraded it. We will have less transfers next year.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Should we be starting to worry with all these transfers that are jumping on the Gus Bus that some of our very talented players will start to leave? Surely they committed to come here with quite different expectations. Just a thought.
It's an important question that I think any team must answer before shopping in the portal. It does require proper balancing of the incoming transfers with the existing qualified talent on the roster.

However, in our case I would say that Gus strategically identified where additional depth was immediately needed and addressed it the best he could on short notice.

It's an important question that I think any team must answer before shopping in the portal. It does require proper balancing of the incoming transfers with the existing qualified talent on the roster.

However, in our case I would say that Gus strategically identified where additional depth was immediately needed and addressed it the best he could on short notice.
Thanks, I appreciate your answer.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Does anyone know what recruits were at the game last night? I think I saw Nikai Martinez shown on the jumbo tron pumped up on the sidelines. Did the Henderson twins come? We need them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT