ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I know all the talk is about conference realignments, but we still gotta ‘cruit….I like this guys size, hope we get em, would be a nice win. Article said the VT insider flipped his crystal ball to us.

Sure looks that way. Do you blame him?
Not at all. There's tradeoffs, being big fish in small pond vs being small fish in big pond...not sure which one is actually better in terms of increasing likelihood of getting drafted, but that seems to be the players decision framework

It will be Auburn
I get it and you’re probably right but I wouldn’t be so sure on this one. Seems to have a real strong bond with Gus & Co. He also mentioned in a previous article that both schools have great facilities. Put him on a line with Kheanist, J Johnson and him in the same class…..damn man, that’s crazy good

Not at all. There's tradeoffs, being big fish in small pond vs being small fish in big pond...not sure which one is actually better in terms of increasing likelihood of getting drafted, but that seems to be the players decision framework
Got to have the talent but amount of play time is high on the list.
Also, he's from Alabama so you have to think going to an in-state school does give an edge.
Definitely one of the biggest parts of these decisions.

Reactions: Yaes
always makes me laugh how ucf is considered a small pond. get what you are saying but walk around UCF on a September afternoon and it feels massive

Reactions: U C to the F
Players from FCS schools are getting drafted. Doesn’t really matter where you go now. Digital age has advantages. The real decision is do the kids want to look cool going to SEC school or possibly play earlier at an AAC school.

always makes me laugh how ucf is considered a small pond. get what you are saying but walk around UCF on a September afternoon and it feels massive
Not talking about student size or acres. Talking about football $$ and prestige, we are a small pond in that sense

Reactions: FoxKnight
This is a big get. Nice work.

not to get into a star rating debate, but really liking where we are trending.

All 3 star and above, and already with 5 at 5.7 (almost 4*) and above (Rivals).

in 2020, we had 0 5.7 and above, and in 2021 we got 3 (with the last minute 4*, which really didn’t count as part of the CJH era)

I remember at this point the last 2 years, we had a lot of unrated and 2*.

What a difference a year makes…

247 has us 60th in nation and 3rd AAC. Won’t change much because of numbers we can sign. Average is higher though.

247 has us 60th in nation and 3rd AAC. Won’t change much because of numbers we can sign. Average is higher though.
Gus will use the portal quite a bit going forward I’d predict, so until they incorporate transfers, our classes may look worse than they really are.

Reactions: KnightLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT