ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

We need bigger bodies. Gus mentioned several times how big our players looked back in 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
That's for sure. Don't know if I would take Horn with only 2 years left. Don't you think we need to get people as Freshmen and develop them. Too much turnover with short term transfers.
I think that a mixture of both is beneficial. 4-5 year guys are great to build and maintain a culture. However, when there are immediate needs, transfers who have already performed on the field provide an immediate and known quality to address the personnel gaps.

Also, fiscally speaking, programs realize that a four or five year scholarship outlay to develop a player to ultimately get about 2 years of on-field starting service is much more costly than a transfer where a two year scholarship outlay gets two years of starting contribution, especially if it is two years of 4*/high level on-field experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
And Amari has a year of eligibility left.... And Quan Lee is here with 4 years to go,. Dionte Marks can play slot, etc.etc.. Sure Horn is good. But is this a need?
So none of these guys played more than token minutes....if they were thought to be vital to the program why no PT? Same with Jordan (?) Johnson.

Reactions: UCF365
Why would any WR want to come here? Gus’ offensive scheme isn’t made for WR’s looking to put up big numbers. He’s all about WR screens and WR runs. I think Gus has wasted another strength of our roster which are the WR’s. His play calling isn’t creative, doesn’t use crossing routes, etc. we desperately need a younger more aggressive play caller if we want to bring in offensive talent.

Why would any WR want to come here? Gus’ offensive scheme isn’t made for WR’s looking to put up big numbers. He’s all about WR screens and WR runs. I think Gus has wasted another strength of our roster which are the WR’s. His play calling isn’t creative, doesn’t use crossing routes, etc. we desperately need a younger more aggressive play caller if we want to bring in offensive talent.
It's sad but true. The top WRs typically had around 500 yards receiving in his offenses at Auburn. You need to go back to Ark St and Tulsa to see otherwise. Although ROK had 800+ yards last year, those jet sweeps play a big part in that yardage. Brandon Johnson had a more typical Gus WR season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT