ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Why does everyone assume Gabriel is Milton 2.0. Its like saying Blake Bortles 2.0 is at Oviedo. Heupel has done a great job and if he thinks Gabriel is worthy he will offer. Everything they have done so far is spot on. How does anyone know he doesnt have someone else on his radar?

Why does everyone assume Gabriel is Milton 2.0. Its like saying Blake Bortles 2.0 is at Oviedo. Heupel has done a great job and if he thinks Gabriel is worthy he will offer. Everything they have done so far is spot on. How does anyone know he doesnt have someone else on his radar?
well we know about the potential Louisville transfer but he is not eligible till 2020. Even KL who is usually the biggest Head Coach homer on this board has posted that it would be way too risky to not go into 2019 Fall Camp with either a recruit or grad transfer QB on the depth chart

https://247sports.com/college/georg...oughts-on-this-Gabriel-kid-from-HI-126032181/

It's when the Coach/Program doesn't give you a commitable scholarship offer. So in their mind they were waiting on someone else and won't accept a Recruits commit yet.

In Gabriel's case he visited the weekend of the Navy game and did not have an official offer that Heup would accept as a commitment. Then days after he leaves UCF he gets an offer from Georgia. UCF finally comes around with an offer after he now has offers from the SEC East Champ and USC(West). From the recruits perspective if comes off as if he is not really wanted and when UCF is recruiting from the AAC I think it's a misstep especially with him knowing Milton. Even with an almost 2 year winning streak UCF has to recruit like an underdog and go over the top with In Home visits, etc. The University of Southern California, Georgia, & Texas type Programs can get away with giving the cold shoulder and still landing the recruit.
You are making stuff up though. You have no idea when and if UCF offered.

I assume you have evidence of this.
why would I just make something up? it was obviously read or sent to me from a source that would know. Again nothing is 100% able to prove in recruiting bc you are not getting public confirmation from recruits on that bc they don't want to burn a potential bridge and even less info from Coaches.

https://247sports.com/college/georg...oughts-on-this-Gabriel-kid-from-HI-126032181/

It's when the Coach/Program doesn't give you a commitable scholarship offer. So in their mind they were waiting on someone else and won't accept a Recruits commit yet.

In Gabriel's case he visited the weekend of the Navy game and did not have an official offer that Heup would accept as a commitment. Then days after he leaves UCF he gets an offer from Georgia. UCF finally comes around with an offer after he now has offers from the SEC East Champ and USC(West). From the recruits perspective if comes off as if he is not really wanted and when UCF is recruiting from the AAC I think it's a misstep especially with him knowing Milton. Even with an almost 2 year winning streak UCF has to recruit like an underdog and go over the top with In Home visits, etc. The University of Southern California, Georgia, & Texas type Programs can get away with giving the cold shoulder and still landing the recruit.
Thanks. Got it

why would I just make something up? it was obviously read or sent to me from a source that would know. Again nothing is 100% able to prove in recruiting bc you are not getting public confirmation from recruits on that bc they don't want to burn a potential bridge and even less info from Coaches.
So you read it or a source sent you it but nothing is 100%. Got it.

Reactions: Mike_Lee
I just have a hard time believing Gabriel was offered a walk on status at the same time we were processing Charlie dean. But if you have sources who am I to argue.

new Louisville Coach trying to convince J. Travis to stay (which is why I hated slow playing Gabrielle). Heup needs to go to Hawaii next week for an In Home if he doesn't commit at USC this weekend
Little late, don't you think"

I don't see anything that says DG committed to UGA. I only see that he had an official visit and an offer. Somebody know for sure (not guessing or prophesying) otherwise?

Who said he committed to GA?

Corey Bell, Ellerbee, and Randy Shannon are doing fine on the recruiting trail although I would trade one of those OT commits for another Defensive Tackle. QB and defensive tackle are the two question marks and concerns for the rest of this recruiting cycle. Heup has not recruited and signed a QB recruit out of high school with a competing Division 1 offer since he's been at UCF which is a little concerning.

Corey Bell, Ellerbee, and Randy Shannon are doing fine on the recruiting trail although I would trade one of those OT commits for another Defensive Tackle. QB and defensive tackle are the two question marks and concerns for the rest of this recruiting cycle. Heup has not recruited and signed a QB recruit out of high school with a competing Division 1 offer since he's been at UCF which is a little concerning.
A little until you realize that “since he’s been here” consists of one signed class where he started a week before the new early signing period.

True. Have you seen any similar tweets from when he visited UCF, or any tweets that he is all jazzed about being offered by UCF..... Kinda makes you wonder?
I saw he retweeted UCF Footballs tweet about the first Memphis win. He posted an Instagram story about being at UCF when he visited. And he retweeted the music video thing featuring KZ, stating that KZ will be back. He also "likes" UCF posts. Not sure it's the same. Also not sure why people are so convinced he's the next KZ.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Agree we have to have a QB in every class. If we whiff its ok but we better not take any chances if we dont have a solid walkon in mind.

There are certainly many critical positions required for success including OL and DL, but at he end of the day QB is the single most important position and worthy of using scholarships.......no doubt worthy of at least 1 or 2 solid recruits in every class.....

I still think that a potential QB recruit would like to see more of Mack and know if Milton is coming back in 2020. That could be 2 years of not playing at an AAC school.

I saw he retweeted UCF Footballs tweet about the first Memphis win. He posted an Instagram story about being at UCF when he visited. And he retweeted the music video thing featuring KZ, stating that KZ will be back. He also "likes" UCF posts. Not sure it's the same. Also not sure why people are so convinced he's the next KZ.
Is it really true, UCF hasn't made DG an offer? I cannot find anything that substantiates that we did.

I still think that a potential QB recruit would like to see more of Mack and know if Milton is coming back in 2020. That could be 2 years of not playing at an AAC school.

Sure but in the case of some of these transfer QBs, many have to sit a year.....and just like KZ, DJ is one play away from the next man up

Reactions: Poolside Knight
apparently UCF is the only Program where a recruit and transfer is expected to compete , plenty of other examples of Programs with entrenched starters still successfully recruiting QBs. Really shouldn’t be hard for a Program that has been a Top 10 offense Post GOL.

Reactions: JAFFX2
apparently UCF is the only Program where a recruit and transfer is expected to compete , plenty of other examples of Programs with entrenched starters still successfully recruiting QBs. Really shouldn’t be hard for a Program that has been a Top 10 offense Post GOL.
......every school with a top recruiting class is stacked at QB, yet these kids are willing accept the fact they will have to compete.......

Mililani QB Dillon Gabriel breaks state passing mark.
Dillon Gabriel named 2018-19 Gatorade Hawaii Football Player of the Year.
Look at his films.

Look at his films.
I think he wants to sign early so it will be interesting if Georgia tries to get him to wait till February bc they might use his spot for some other highly rated prospect that they could make a push for

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
......every school with a top recruiting class is stacked at QB, yet these kids are willing accept the fact they will have to compete.......

Sure but in the case of some of these transfer QBs, many have to sit a year.....and just like KZ, DJ is one play away from the next man up
Yes, but we are talking a Heisman Trophy candidate and a guy who just played lights out AND the dreaded G5 label

Sure, we can get a 3 star, but there’s no other viable explanation.... yet

The only other explanation about the QB recruiting is that CJH is keeping it very very secretive. A couple of commits in the past have shown up out of nowhere. Like Ke’von Ahmad

Also, I think that CJH is very picky in what type of QB that he wants. If that makes sense

I’m open to hearing any othe explanations

Is it really true, UCF hasn't made DG an offer? I cannot find anything that substantiates that we did.

Rivals says he has an offer from UCF. 247 says he does not. I'm sure he does.

Look at his films.

I posted his passing record before and agree it is a significant achievement.

Gatorade POTY comes with the passing record. This is not an additional achievement. It's an award for achieving the passing record.

His film looks freaking great. That said, hs film is a self-selected highlight reel.

The guy (Heup) has done everything else well so can't help but believe he will bring someone in he can develop into very good QB. This season began with KZ, Mack and Quadry. Look for good #4 to step on campus soon

The guy (Heup) has done everything else well so can't help but believe he will bring someone in he can develop into very good QB. This season began with KZ, Mack and Quadry. Look for good #4 to step on campus soon

KnightVISION can't see Hayden Kingston I guess....LOL is like John Cena or something

Reactions: Knight Strength
The only other explanation about the QB recruiting is that CJH is keeping it very very secretive. A couple of commits in the past have shown up out of nowhere. Like Ke’von Ahmad

Also, I think that CJH is very picky in what type of QB that he wants. If that makes sense

I’m open to hearing any othe explanations

The reason there are so many questions about QB recruiting is because there is so much conflicting speculation. Immediately after DG visited UCF he decommited from Army, yet there was no real evidence that UCF offered him other than we are now in his top 3 per IG. There is also no evidence that we have offered any other potential top QB targets whomever they might be. I would hope that being secretive is the explanation that UCF QB offers have not been publicized. If DG has not been offered the only explanation would be that he is not our top QB target. If we don't land our top QB target or our #2 it will certainly be construed as having been muffed....

Last edited:
If DG has not been offered the only explanation would be that he is not our top QB target.
I believe this has some truth to it.

Also, if you look around the AAC, there really aren’t a lot of teams with good QBs or a lot of depth. That’s an understatement even

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT