ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

He’s from the islands and is enjoying the mainland. I don’t blame him. Might as well take all visits.
that’s true but still a feeling of a last minute kick in the ____ when up against UGA and USC visits , especially USC which is 3 time zones closer to home w great weather & campus. Still think if he looks at the depth chart scenarios UCF is the spot where the odds of seeing the field sooner wins out.

if Justin Fields does not transfer it will be almost impossible for him to win the starting job there. Even if he looks equal in practice there will be way too much pressure to give it to the Georgia kid that waited 2 years on the bench

Reactions: Vike Knight
All kids do that when on a visit. In fact I don’t think a recruit has ever had a bad visit anywhere.

There’s a difference is showing off some swag from a visit and saying you had a good time. And posting all this stuff literally for the attention, retweets, fan base comments, and drama building.

Interesting that he has a USC official visit coming up but no offer. There also is no

But allegedly no USC offer yet. No evidence of a UCF offer either........
and USC & Georgia already have 1 QB in this class. USC also has a 5 star 2020 solid verbal for an In State QB.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Can someone tweet him and tell him he’ll be our only scholarship qb for two years running

We added a scholarship qb last year?

No but there is no way anyone can say with any certainty that he will be our only scholarship QB for two years running. Even if we don't commit another QB this cycle, which is a very big if, there is a very good chance that Quadry goes on scholarship next year or we pick up another the following class....so under any of these circumstances not true

Reactions: Stormthecourt?

even if Travis comes Gabrielle would still be one injury away from being the Starter as early as September if he is the real deal. There is also the scenario that Mack doesn't have the consistency we all hope & the job is wide open next season

Agree we need more depth which means we need at least 3 or 4 scholarship QBs........

For all we know heup is waiting for after the USC visit to make his final move.

Quarterback Dillon Gabriel (Mililani, Hawaii, Mililani) just wrapped up his official visit to Georgia, his second after taking one to UCF last month.

"It went great," Gabriel said. "Georgia was amazing. It was h0nestly more than I even expected and the city of Athens is incredible. They said this was kind of a dead time of the year but it was pretty exciting to me."

With the Bulldogs looking to take a second quarterback in this class, Gabriel earned an offer from Georgia on Nov. 17 during a prolific senior season that included the 5-foot-11, 185-pound quarterback being named the Hawaii Gatorade Football Player of the Year. Gabriel, a former Army commitment who re-opened his recruitment last month, completed 278-of-490 passes for 3,754 yards, 38 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions, adding 108 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the ground. Gabriel is the state's all-time leading passer, breaking Tua Tagovailoa's record in September, having passed for 9,848 yards, with 105 touchdowns and 36 interceptions.

"They said I can play for them and they want me to come in there and compete for the job," Gabriel said. "Coach Coley is a genuine guy. We definitely vibed during this trip. My favorite part of the visit was sitting down, picking their brains, and getting to know them as they got to know me."

With a top three of Georgia, USC, and UCF, Gabriel feels there is a unique chance for him to develop for the next level at Georgia.

"It is a crazy opportunity," Gabriel said. "They have, what I think is the top team, with young guys, and in the future, they are going to continue to be a top team."

While this is his first and only trip to Georgia before he announces a decision, Gabriel says he knows what he needs to know regarding the Bulldogs.

"I found out everything," Gabriel said. "A through Z they told me. I just have to take this visit to USC and make my decision. I will see what happens but I am definitely impressed with the chance to play for a team like Georgia."

Up next is a third and final official visit to USC, a program that has yet to offer Gabriel.

"It's tough," Gabriel said. "It's the hardest decision of my life. I'm just going to pray really hard and then decide."

Following that official visit to the Trojans, Gabriel will announce his decision on Dec. 19 and enroll early.
Has he written anything like this about his visit to UCF? If not, then I am not sure things are looking very good for him to be coming here.

Has he written anything like this about his visit to UCF? If not, then I am not sure things are looking very good for him to be coming here.
He’s said plenty of nice things about UCF. Now we wait for his USC visit to complete and for him to decide.

Been very covert.......

UCF is hosting two official visitors this weekend for the Navy game: QB Dillon Gabriel and DE Cooper Dawson.

Gabriel is trying to keep the visit a secret because he is committed to Army. Please keep that information within here. No tweeting at him, etc. where people could find it. Frankly, I'd be surprised if it didn't leak out from the Hawaii side of things because it would be a very big story that McKenzie Milton's school is all in on recruiting another Mililani QB.

If all goes well, Gabriel is prepared to flip to UCF. Dillon and his mother are flying in on Thursday and will obviously be spending a lot of time with McKenzie and his mom. He is super excited to say the least. McKenzie is like a big brother to him. He loves what UCF is doing and would be ecstatic that he could potentially play with KZ for one year with the opportunity to be his successor. He also could be a January enrollee.

UCF had been prepared to take one quarterback in this class, but the interesting thing now is the sudden availability of Louisville transfer Jordan Travis. He really likes UCF and the feeling is mutual. Does UCF take both QBs, knowing the expectation is that Travis wouldn't be eligible until 2020? Personally, I think you need to from a numbers standpoint considering how many QBs transfer out these days.

Speaking of Dillon Gabriel, the Georgia interest is real. I heard UGA OC and QB coach James Coley flew to Hawaii last Friday (Nov. 16). I was told he arrived on the island around 12 noon (Hawaii time), met with Gabriel, watched him throw and was back on the jet by 4 p.m. in order to return to Athens for their home game against UMass. UGA is said to still be concerned about Dillon's height, but they are definitely interested in him as a second QB in their class. Heard he could be OV'ing to UGA on Dec. 7 weekend.

It will be interesting to see if UCF aims for a commitment now because Dillon could be a January enrollee, but now there's UGA to contend with.

Dillon Gabriel decommitted from Army but said UCF's coaches still want him kept under the radar so he asked to delete a tweet made referencing him as a "UCF QB target."

Last edited:
Maybe UCF is keeping this under the radar because good QB prospects have moved on from us when they get any wind of us looking at other prospects?

Been very covert.......

UCF is hosting two official visitors this weekend for the Navy game: QB Dillon Gabriel and DE Cooper Dawson.

Gabriel is trying to keep the visit a secret because he is committed to Army. Please keep that information within here. No tweeting at him, etc. where people could find it. Frankly, I'd be surprised if it didn't leak out from the Hawaii side of things because it would be a very big story that McKenzie Milton's school is all in on recruiting another Mililani QB.

If all goes well, Gabriel is prepared to flip to UCF. Dillon and his mother are flying in on Thursday and will obviously be spending a lot of time with McKenzie and his mom. He is super excited to say the least. McKenzie is like a big brother to him. He loves what UCF is doing and would be ecstatic that he could potentially play with KZ for one year with the opportunity to be his successor. He also could be a January enrollee.

UCF had been prepared to take one quarterback in this class, but the interesting thing now is the sudden availability of Louisville transfer Jordan Travis. He really likes UCF and the feeling is mutual. Does UCF take both QBs, knowing the expectation is that Travis wouldn't be eligible until 2020? Personally, I think you need to from a numbers standpoint considering how many QBs transfer out these days.
Not saying all of this is not true but where is all of this information from your two posts coming from?

Speaking of Dillon Gabriel, the Georgia interest is real. I heard UGA OC and QB coach James Coley flew to Hawaii last Friday (Nov. 16). I was told he arrived on the island around 12 noon (Hawaii time), met with Gabriel, watched him throw and was back on the jet by 4 p.m. in order to return to Athens for their home game against UMass. UGA is said to still be concerned about Dillon's height, but they are definitely interested in him as a second QB in their class. Heard he could be OV'ing to UGA on Dec. 7 weekend.

It will be interesting to see if UCF aims for a commitment now because Dillon could be a January enrollee, but now there's UGA to contend with.

Dillon Gabriel decommitted from Army but said UCF's coaches still want him kept under the radar so he asked to delete a tweet made referencing him as a "UCF QB target."
Excellent Info. I dont know what shot we really had at Purdy last year, but I think he was Heup's coveted guy. If that was the case Purdy has proven he can play as a freshman and that bodes well for Heupel as an evaluator. Hope he can reel them both in. Gabriel and Travis...

The Georgia coach flew to Hawaii, was on the ground for four hours and then got back on a plane? Wow

The Georgia coach flew to Hawaii, was on the ground for four hours and then got back on a plane? Wow
that's how aggressive you have to be in today's croot World, especially when you want a QB. I mentioned before that I don't fault losing the Purdy battle last cycle but I thought Heup himself should have visited him in person multiple times, not Lebby

Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT