ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Regarding Brownlee...I feel it will be between us and FSU. 247 is showing FSU has 10 on roster and 3 commits and UCF w/7 on roster and 4 commits. Not sure how accurate that really is. Randy Shannon recruiting his old stomping grounds against Terry Lockette and Harlon Barnett. I know Lockette is a Miami native but I know RS is very well known in Dade county. Getting Brownlee would be icing on the cake!

Ready to freakkkkkkk but just going to go to bed early instead.
Me too. So the poster who said that about freakkkkkkking... did they make it seem like the player had visited our campus before or was very interested in UCF and if the visit went well they would transfer? Bc I’m not sure Fields has ever been here

Last edited:
UGA more attractive to Gabriel now?
That is the obvious assumption. But it can also be spun against UGA in that Kirby Smart has never shown the ability of properly using a Dual Thread QB. The one QB having success in his system is a prototypical 'pocket QB'.

Josh Heupel with Milton and Kliff Kingsbury have. So if I was being objective even with Georgia losing Fields he should still have UCF and USC in the Top 2 on which coaches to trust to put him in good position to succeed.

Reactions: Yaes
Regarding Brownlee...I feel it will be between us and FSU. 247 is showing FSU has 10 on roster and 3 commits and UCF w/7 on roster and 4 commits. Not sure how accurate that really is. Randy Shannon recruiting his old stomping grounds against Terry Lockette and Harlon Barnett. I know Lockette is a Miami native but I know RS is very well known in Dade county. Getting Brownlee would be icing on the cake!

Getting brown lee would be a huge get. Im so excited for wednesday
Brownlee would be really awesome but he's interacting a lot with FSU related social media accounts while UCF and Miami are nowhere to be seen. Taggart is a good recruiter. Good looking, smooth type of guy who recruits can relate to.

Me too. So the poster who said that about freakkkkkkking... did they make it seem like the player had visited our campus before or was very interested in UCF and if the visit went well in the future they would transfer? Bc I’m not sure Fields has ever been here
I only remember it was supposed to be a transfer.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Fields sister is a softball player, any room on UCF's roster for her? talk that they want to go to school together

8901245.png

Can’t see all of these top notch QB recruits and transfer QBs floating all around and one not landing at UCF. Now, I fully expect a QB soon

I'm concerned that just like last year we will put all our eggs in one basket and end up with nothing. I mean you couldn't convince me last year that the 2 guys from Arizona were the only scholarship worthy guys out there......

Can’t see all of these top notch QB recruits and transfer QBs floating all around and one not landing at UCF. Now, I fully expect a QB soon
If Mack continues to develop I'm not freaking out over this. Every cycle it seems like we're playing musical chairs with the QBs in the middle of the circle. I'm just not convinced that we want an all out QB competition. I've just liked what I've seen with Mack. Now a freshmen that is willing to wait 2 years to become a starter would be perfect for us. That's why Gabriel looks like best fit but who knows. The music is still playing.

Gabriel has announced that he will sign at 12:32pm at his H.S. That means it will be 5:32pm here. Perfect for him to see where everybody is.

If Mack continues to develop I'm not freaking out over this. Every cycle it seems like we're playing musical chairs with the QBs in the middle of the circle. I'm just not convinced that we want an all out QB competition. I've just liked what I've seen with Mack. Now a freshmen that is willing to wait 2 years to become a starter would be perfect for us. That's why Gabriel looks like best fit but who knows. The music is still playing.
QB competition is bad?

I'm concerned that just like last year we will put all our eggs in one basket and end up with nothing. I mean you couldn't convince me last year that the 2 guys from Arizona were the only scholarship worthy guys out there......
That would be my concern as well , the strategy used should be questioned if they go 0/2 or 3. And if you are going all in on 1 QB the Head Coach needs to visit him in home once or twice, not just Lebby no matter how far it is

Reactions: Yaes and Mikesi

That would be my concern as well , the strategy used should be questioned if they go 0/2 or 3. And if you are going all in on 1 QB the Head Coach needs to visit him in home once or twice, not just Lebby no matter how far it is
From all reports we have been pursuing three qbs at least - Gabriel, the Louisville transfer and the freakkkkkkk transfer. Not sure how that’s all the eggs in one basket. And these are the three we know about

Reactions: Mikesi
QB competition is bad?
Competition is great! Putting a bad apple in the middle of the QB room is NOT!
Guy leaves program because he isn't the starter as a true freshmen. Sorry, I'm a little suspect. Especially if Mack whose been working behind KZ for 2 years is showing some real promise. This is why competition from a good QB recruit that doesn't expect to be crowned the starter when they step on the field is better than the addition to the QB room of one who does. We'll know more about our opening to QB transfers after tomorrow and 1/1.

From all reports we have been pursuing three qbs at least - Gabriel, the Louisville transfer and the freakkkkkkk transfer. Not sure how that’s all the eggs in one basket. And these are the three we know about
the freakkkk transfer rumor originated from 1 message board poster with nothing to back it up so it could just be a big troll

Competition is great! Putting a bad apple in the middle of the QB room is NOT!
Guy leaves program because he isn't the starter as a true freshmen. Sorry, I'm a little suspect. Especially if Mack whose been working behind KZ for 2 years is showing some real promise. This is why competition from a good QB recruit that doesn't expect to be crowned the starter when they step on the field is better than the addition to the QB room of one who does. We'll know more about our opening to QB transfers after tomorrow and 1/1.
it's probably a mute point bc there is zero evidence he has any interest in UCF but you do not turn down a talent like that if he has interest. That kid has Cam Newton tools that every coach in America would want to have in their QB room.

Lots of opinions regarding the QB recruiting philosophy. A lot of us want to go all in on Mack, but it’s too risky to put all of our eggs in one basket and risk Mack getting injured. If we can find a QB to give Mack competition or even beat him out, that’s big time college football

Who knows how he will perform vs LSU

Lots of opinions regarding the QB recruiting philosophy. A lot of us want to go all in on Mack, but it’s too risky to put all of our eggs in one basket and risk Mack getting injured. If we can find a QB to give Mack competition or even beat him out, that’s big time college football

Who knows how he will perform vs LSU
Ohio State has Tate Marshall waiting behind Haskins and they are still pursuing Fields. Top 10 Programs do not get complacent

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Yaes
Valuing team chemistry, IN ADDITION TO talent, is not complacency.

We can't go forward with just an unproven Mack and a bag of nothing behind him. I would welcome a transfer with 2 years of eligibility left, but would prefer a Freshman.

You don't turn away Fields if he wants to come to UCF unless it's obvious that he's a bad apple .

Did we turn away Nixon?

As we're seeing a lot of kids think playing at Power 5 is the only way they make it in the pros. Oh well, we'll get by and we'll wait on KZ as well. I was joking to my wife that the way the team is being built that her or I could QB it. Looking from ground zero of 2015 we are definitely moving in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT