ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I know he has bounced around, maybe more of a hated NB and FAU is a little small time? Maybe a red flag, but hey, he’s got 4 yrs left at a position of need. Take a flyer on him Gus.

I know he has bounced around, maybe more of a hated NB and FAU is a little small time? Maybe a red flag, but hey, he’s got 4 yrs left at a position of need. Take a flyer on him Gus.
Red flags all around this kid. That being said he has a high ceiling and four years of eligibility left.

Green over the FCS one year loaner every minute of every day.

giphy.gif

in person visits are back . Did Gus bring the SEC bagmen?* LFG

Stop man. There's no way we should use a 2022 spot on this guy.

Doesn't anyone but me and a couple of others understand the situation?

We can't be forfeiting four year spots for one year loaners. We cant do it.

Taking all these transfers now affects the amount of 2022 high school recruits we can sign.

Also - we should save 4-5 spots from 2022 for transfers NEXT YEAR. That is not likely to happen now.

That's all - I hope I made my point clear on this. Hard pass on the OL player above. There're no way we should take him.

The rules were relaxed this year and that is allowing schools to count the transfers forward 2022. That is only for this year.

If we want to get transfers next year we would need 2022 spots. We wont be able to count forward to 2023. We need to save 4-5 spots from 2022 for high quality transfers next year.

Taking all these transfers now affects the amount of 2022 high school recruits we can sign.

Also - we should save 4-5 spots from 2022 for transfers NEXT YEAR. That is not likely to happen now.

That's all - I hope I made my point clear on this. Hard pass on the OL player above. There're no way we should take him.
It is amazing with all your knowledge that you aren't being paid 7 figures to coach college football.

It is amazing with all your knowledge that you aren't being paid 7 figures to coach college football.
Let me you ask you something troll? Instead of taking a shot at me - look at my two posts above and tell me specifically where I am wrong?

I am not a coach. I am - unlike many here - an informed fan. I also have a brain and can rationalize the situation.

Make your argument if you have one. I will tell you that playing the sheep and blindly believing what others tell you is not a valid argument.

Go - tell me where I am wrong?

100 percent agree.

100 percent agree.
Me too, 100% on this one especially. I think most of the transfers were great adds, a lot had 3-4 years left. Others 1-2 but were in positions of extreme need, which is why I’m ok with them. Taking a couple 1-2 yr mostly proven transfers to bolster a position group that is very weak is fine, that’s where I disagree with your takes. We have no idea how the defense will schematically play, so you have to trust the coaches here that they are getting players that fit or fill big holes in the depth chart.

Gotta keep in mind how inept the last coaching staff was at recruiting, lots of holes as we’ve seen from last year.

Gus been doing this longer than everyone here, in the most intense conference with his direct rival being Nick f'ing Saban in his prime and somehow came out respectable on the other side so whatever he think needs to be done is fine by me. All I know is we were 12-1 then 10-3 then 6-4. thats a bad trajectory and once the rot sets in its not easy to get rid of just ask FSU, Tennessee, Nebraska, etc. So if the program needed an adrenaline shot in the form of P5 transfers then so be it. worst thing possible would be to have your HS recruits come in to a losing culture with no real standout talent on the team and end up looking like the cows in Tampa.

Last edited:
Gus been doing this longer than everyone here, in the most intense conference with his direct rival being Nick f'ing Saban in his prime and somehow came out respectable on the other side so whatever he think needs to be done is fine by me. All I know is we were 12-1 then 10-3 then 6-4. thats a bad trajectory and once the rot sets in its not easy to get rid of just ask FSU, Tennessee, Nebraska, etc. So if the program needed an adrenaline shot in the form of P5 transfers then so be it. worst thing possible would be to have your HS recruits come in to a losing culture with no real standout talent on the team and end up looking like the cows in Tampa.
Amen!

Gus is a very good coach and a very good program manager but that does not mean that we should just blindly agree with everything he does.

After years of incompetence and mismanagement from Jabba The Heup and his acolytes, we are establishing relationships with the local high school and the area's 7v7 teams.

Remember me saying years ago that we should focus on the above? Only to be dismissed by follow the directive of the moment types like Jeremy and KS.

7v7 teams are a way to attract top recruits to visit campus, kids who might not otherwise visit on their own (for many reasons).

We are now focusing on recruting Orlando and Central Florisa. That should have been done all along, but we are doing it now and that is what matters.

Some of us are informed and have foresight and some of you are not and don't. Carry on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT