ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

this new guy for SI FanNation asks the kind of questions i needed answers too. makes sense because his twitter handle is fbscout_florida.

i was wondering about his height and the DE position, but his great wingspan makes up for any lost inches compared to a 6'6" guy.

this new guy for SI FanNation asks the kind of questions i needed answers too. makes sense because his twitter handle is fbscout_florida.

i was wondering about his height and the DE position, but his great wingspan makes up for any lost inches compared to a 6'6" guy.
I think he’s a UCF grad. He’s always posting his articles on a UCF fan page on Facebook.

"Sometime this week I plan on announcing it," Kitler said when asked about a timeline for a commitment.

247 says he has 31 offers. Also took 2nd in throwing events this year which is great for developing power.

We all prob figured this was coming. Hand recruited him at last 3 schools he’s coached at so he obviously likes him. Projecting as a center, looks like a good center build, need depth behind Lee anyways.

We all prob figured this was coming. Hand recruited him at last 3 schools he’s coached at so he obviously likes him. Projecting as a center, looks like a good center build, need depth behind Lee anyways.
He can play at a few different spots but Center is tough to get a good one so hopefully starts there right away.

Marcus Peterson is committing on Sunday. Has two crystal balls in for Cincy but he also tweeted out what looked like a bus emoji that he since deleted. Something to look forward to.

Wasn't our Center last year First Team All Conference as a Freshman?
Put the best 5 out there. All conference could be misleading. Pass blocking was decent but couldn’t get 4 yards on ground in crucial moments. That’s why we passed in running situations and in critical games gave ball back without a first down and no clock worn off.

2021 is going to be a major roster changing year. We've got 9 players off the transfer portal (I can't find a complete list off the internet). We've got the WR fro HI that is DG's friend. Lastly, this class which will be mostly signed by December and many hopefully will enroll in Jan. of 2022. The transfers make the projection for 2021 football season very good and new recruits make 2022 even better :)

Put the best 5 out there. All conference could be misleading. Pass blocking was decent but couldn’t get 4 yards on ground in crucial moments. That’s why we passed in running situations and in critical games gave ball back without a first down and no clock worn off.
we passed in running situations because that was JH offense. OL has been bad, but that was scheme and not players. That goes back to Mizzu and OU and everywhere he's been.

Wow, he just signed with us last cycle that prob hasn’t even gotten to campus or just did? TX State is in C-USA or Sun Belt I think, doubt it was grade related. Weird, but oh well. Despite last years debacle, I think we have fairly decent depth at DB with youngsters and transfers. Auburn DB transfer, Francois and Divaad, add in a couple of the young guys maturing maybe. LB is the glaring weak spot on the team right now. But those added DL pieces might make that less an issue, should make everyone better.

OL will make or break our offense this season and for future under Gus. What I don't understand is with all the OL talent we've recruited why we aren't seeing a better run game at the OL position. Using the TE to block was helpful but one would expect more running holes by standard set. Guess the run game wasn't much of a priority under Heupel. Hopefully, this staff will do better than previous. I know we've got some big and strong guys on paper on this team.

I think there's been one 5 star commit in the history of the entire AAC (Ed Oliver). Miami has two already in 2021. These articles aren't it for me
I’m not sure if 5 stars is the be all end all in recruiting. We’ve had a good run of QB recruits. Miami had to go to AAC to get theirs and he didn’t win enough for them. In the class rankings we’ve been behind a lot of schools. Not in CFP rankings in last 6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT