ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Looking forward to seeing how this cycle goes. At this point we have 184 offers out (per 247). We reached 380 offers by the end of last signing period.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Tucker Isreal and Hunter Johnson both have offers. Both leaving Clemson
First I heard about these transfers. Tucker Israel is a junior dual style who graduated from Lake Nona HS (Orlando area). Was rated as a 3*. Hunter Johnson is a freshman pro style who is from Indiana. Was rated as a 5*.

Looking forward to seeing how this cycle goes. At this point we have 184 offers out (per 247). We reached 380 offers by the end of last signing period.

And we signed 19 right?

That’s a 5% hit rate. I wonder how they compares to our peers

The HUDL tape didn't show arm strength or speed. Is he worth bringing in if the other two have one or both of these?

The HUDL tape didn't show arm strength or speed. Is he worth bringing in if the other two have one or both of these?

At Laka Nona, Israel put up eye-popping numbers. He set the state record for career passing touchdowns with 162 and set the single season TD mark with 56, breaking a record previously held by Tim Tebow. He passed for 4,446 yards as a senior and 15,034 in his career.

Reactions: Knight Strength
that Dean kid will never see the field in college if he's running away from depth charts at the HS level, don't feel good about that offer
A bit overly dramatic. He transferred to plant so he could graduate early and enroll in the spring. He wasn’t going to start there so is transferring where he can start. To say a player is no good because he isn’t the starter is asinine. Only one player can start. It’s entirely possible there were multiple good QBs on the roster there.

Reactions: FrostedKnight
that Dean kid will never see the field in college if he's running away from depth charts at the HS level, don't feel good about that offer
A bit overly dramatic. He transferred to plant so he could graduate early and enroll in the spring. He wasn’t going to start there so is transferring where he can start. To say a player is no good because he isn’t the starter is asinine. Only one player can start. It’s entirely possible there were multiple good QBs on the roster there.
Don’t worry, he’s going to yale anyways

Reactions: Knight Strength

Why should anyone feel good about a QB that isn’t good enough to start his senior year???

not being overdramatic. There are talks he might move for a 2nd time bc of worries about the depth chart. I'll put a heavy wager he'll never do anything significant at the College level if he is already playing that game with HS level competition. I wish Purdy wasn't so in love with the Power 5 label bc that would have been a much better prospect to succeed Milton

not being overdramatic. There are talks he might move for a 2nd time bc of worries about the depth chart. I'll put a heavy wager he'll never do anything significant at the College level if he is already playing that game with HS level competition. I wish Purdy wasn't so in love with the Power 5 label bc that would have been a much better prospect to succeed Milton
AZ to Iowa State is going to be an adjustment

Why should anyone feel good about a QB that isn’t good enough to start his senior year???
If drew brees was on the same team as Tom Brady he also wouldn’t be good enough to start. Only one player can start for a team. That doesn’t mean there can’t be multiple talented QBs on a team. That’s the point.

If drew brees was on the same team as Tom Brady he also wouldn’t be good enough to start. Only one player can start for a team. That doesn’t mean there can’t be multiple talented QBs on a team. That’s the point.

Hypothetical example. Using Brady as an example coming out of Michigan as a backup might be a better example but that is a very isolated case. The bottom line is..... How many senior backup QBs at any level are successful at the next level? I don't know the answer but would guess a very low percentage. And there are many underlying reasons as to why.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT