ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT: At 3-3, can the Knights turn things around against Iowa State?

ucf1

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
In his recent media availability, UCF Football head coach Gus Malzahn said that the Knights are beginning the second half of their 2024 season.

Sitting at 3-3, UCF has had a rough month of results, including struggles on offense and in the red zone.

The matchup this week against ranked Iowa State presents the next opportunity, but will UCF be able to turn things around?

Click here to watch ... from the Sons of UCF.

Nobody knows, but it's doubtful...
magic 8 ball GIF by Matt Cutshall

Trace - has there been an update recently on the health of Demari Henderson? I at least see him on the sidelines during home games (not dressed out, but there).

Or John Walker? Has he been around the program lately? I can’t say I’ve seen him at all on the sidelines since maybe Week 1?

Or is there an injury concern/update with LB Ethan Barr? He missed the second half of last week’s game. That would be a big loss heading to Iowa State.

Thanks!

Reactions: ucf1
In his recent media availability, UCF Football head coach Gus Malzahn said that the Knights are beginning the second half of their 2024 season.

Sitting at 3-3, UCF has had a rough month of results, including struggles on offense and in the red zone.

The matchup this week against ranked Iowa State presents the next opportunity, but will UCF be able to turn things around?

Click here to watch ... from the Sons of UCF.

Trace - has there been an update recently on the health of Demari Henderson? I at least see him on the sidelines during home games (not dressed out, but there).

Or John Walker? Has he been around the program lately? I can’t say I’ve seen him at all on the sidelines since maybe Week 1?

Or is there an injury concern/update with LB Ethan Barr? He missed the second half of last week’s game. That would be a big loss heading to Iowa State.

Thanks!

If we can only score 13 on Cincy no way we are scoring more than 10 against a very good Iowa State D. Hope i'm wrong.

Thanks!
Thank you for these questions. All on point. Collectively, we did not ask Coach Malzahn about any of these players during his Monday Media Availability. We spent a lot of time asking about the Quarterback situation. I had it on my list, however, the mic didn't get back to me and the presser was ended. Will try on Monday. Thank you. TT

Just my opinion here, but coaches in general and especially Gus do not like or talk about player injuries. It's best to avoid those questions if you want the microphone handed back to you for further questioning. Thanks for your coverage TT. Great content!!!

Just my opinion here, but coaches in general and especially Gus do not like or talk about player injuries. It's best to avoid those questions if you want the microphone handed back to you for further questioning. Thanks for your coverage TT. Great content!!!
We can ask, transparent responses, well ... . TT

Reactions: Central Floridave
Gus Malzone traditionally pulls an unexpected win out of his visor and I believe it will also happen this year but not for this game (BYU is the Malzone special this year).

Jacurri Brown will start and play the entire game. ISU will game plan and it’s very easy to game plan against JB and UCF. Jacurri played as well as he can vs UC and UCF scored 13 points.

The incompetence of Gus Malzone is greater than what most of you understand. Over and over I told you about the lack of development in the WR room.

There’s one viable WR (Hudson) and ISU will put their best CB in him. There‘s no other WR for UCF that represents a threat. Whittemore is not a P4 caliber WR. Ja’varrius Johnson has a total 5 receptions for 24 yards on the year. Townsend was UCF second best option at WR and also the starting PR and KR…him quitting hurts.

Then we go to the UCF OL…another area where Malzone has failed to developed players. Malzone and Hand have signed a total of four high school OL in three full classes…that’s a fireable offense on its own. Every team should sign at least 4 high school OL EVERY year…can’t relay on the portal for OL. The UCF OL is made up of big un athletic bodies that can’t move very well.

Given that ISU will be playing at home, at night, sellout crowd doesn’t bode well for UCF. NVM that ISU has the #5 scoring defense in the nation. NVM that UCF’s OL is #117 in sacks allowed: 18 so far (3 per game).

An interesting intangible…Gus Malzone is a terrible road/bowl HC. One of the reasons that Auburn fired him was because he went 0-12 vs rivals on the road.

Any questions…LMK???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT