ADVERTISEMENT

Report Kevin Sumlin is top UCF candidate for coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear frost thank you for taking coach chins! Since that Temple game (meeting let’s say) the defense has taken a major dive. Glad he is moving on. Sumlin would be an epic hire for UCF

Did Taggart get the FSU job!?

He hasn't accepted, but I believe he has been offered (just what I have heard - no inside info). Supposedly Taggart wants more assurances of facility improvements from FSU. Sorta like Jimbo wanted. I would expect a lot to happen tomorrow with Taggart, Sumlin, etc.

Just take Jason Candle his offensive scheme is great, and the defense played good in the game yesterday.

JASON CANDLE

Current Position: Head Coach - Toledo

Matt Campbell is not leaving Iowa State for Nebraska. No chance. So why not go after his successor at Toledo, Jason Candle?
https://herosports.com/college-foot...raska-replacements-scott-frost-les-miles-ahah

While the 37-year-old second-year Rockets' coach has never worked at another FBS program, he is a superb talent evaluator and developer and is 17-6 entering this weekend. He's not the home-run hire Huskers' fans want but is a young up-and-comer who, if given time in Lincoln, could bring much-needed energy and consistency.

:sunglasses:

Candle would accept immediately

So would Firm Bizzle....hopefully we wouldn't be stuck with either.

Should give guys a day or two to decide if they want to commit.....I'd be super leery of a guy saying yes 5 minutes into an interview.

it's obvious Sumlin is waiting for Oregon or he would have accepted the UCF job bc the offer is rumored to be on the table with a time limit to be pulled

Candle would accept immediately
I have a feeling it will be someone from left field. Probably a Defensive minded coach if the players want Beckton and Walters to stay. How many head coaches want to be told who they have to have on staff? Not many.

I have a feeling it will be someone from left field. Probably a Defensive minded coach if the players want Beckton and Walters to stay. How many head coaches want to be told who they have to have on staff? Not many.
DW isn’t making a HC decision based on trying to be nice to Walters. He’s going to pick the best person and ask them if they can please find a spot for Walters on the staff. Beckton can coach any position so he’s fine

Reactions: Mikesi
DW isn’t making a HC decision based on trying to be nice to Walters. He’s going to pick the best person and ask them if they can please find a spot for Walters on the staff. Beckton can coach any position so he’s fine
If the best person is an offensive guy, he will be OC as well. Does Walters want to be a figure head again? I doubt it.

Reactions: Mikesi
It’s unusual that DW would leak who he is going after (we didn’t hear anything about Frost until he was hired), that’s not how he works. I believe Sumlin is leaking the fact that DW has contacted him about the UCF job in order to drive up interest from other schools in himself with no intention of accepting the UCF job. Obviously I could be wrong, but I think he’s just pimping UCF to drive up his stock. If that’s the case he’s not the right guy for us, let’s move on to a guy with more integrity (Jason Candle) quickly.

What a week for the UCF Knights and your great program. If these reports are true this is a monster hire! There will be no drop off and this program is here to stay. Sumlin is a hell of a coach. Very proud of your program and all the success you’ve earned. Hope it continues for the foreseeable future. Go UCF, GO KNIGHTS!!

Looks like you shot your load on this post Waaaaaay to early.

Idk where in your head Hughes gets drafted...he was very good, but still rough.

No question Hughes gets drafted if he comes out....as an overall player I say he is equal to better than a 3rd round Griffin when he finished here. But he could benefit from another year in the program

Reactions: Miltonian
No question Hughes gets drafted if he comes out....as an overall player I say he is equal to better than a 3rd round Griffin when he finished here. But he could benefit from another year in the program
I really dont think so whatsoever. No team is jumping to draft a CB with his lack of size. As amazing as he is, from a draft POV, he doesnt have the size and gets beat a decent amount on slants and short routes. The big reason Shaq got drafted was because people saw his potential, and Seattle LOVES tall CB's and saw they could work with him.

CB is alot like QB where intangibles are heavy weighted. If someone has size, they draft them and work with them. If they dont, unfortunately alot of teams overlook them.

He's better (maybe not faster) than Griffin but much smaller.

This thread is getting off topic, It's looking like Sumlin is a dud I'm locking this thread up so we can start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT