ADVERTISEMENT

Report Kevin Sumlin is top UCF candidate for coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milton really going to be looking like Manziel now!
johnny-manziel-show-me-the-money.gif

Milton has been lights out running the ball this year. Has anyone noticed?
Always gaining positive yards, running for first downs, rarely fumbles, runs a mean option with accurate last minute pitches, throwing the ball out of bounds instead of taking a sack, never running backwards, hiding behind offensive linemen

What a turnaround!

Sumlin would be a great hire and more importantly would keep the hype going right now. That is the most important thing currently. We have an incredibly young team with a huge amount of talent. If the team can keep its head straight, beat a top 10 ranked p5, go into the off season and bring in a strong recruiting class, and only lose a few players off the roster, UCF starts next season in the top 25 and favorites to run the table agin. You gotta keep it going. Yes Sumlin could then leave us again in another two years. That is not as important as keeping the hype train going.
When it's all said and done it will only cost $350k/yr to pay for Frost so we have some extra cash to throw at a new coach and staff. Keep the same kind of relative buyouts in contrscts and in 2-3 seasons, assuming continued success, the next coach may end up not costing that much either.

Always gaining positive yards, running for first downs, rarely fumbles, runs a mean option with accurate last minute pitches, throwing the ball out of bounds instead of taking a sack, never running backwards, hiding behind offensive linemen

What a turnaround!
Seriously. I have never seen a quarterback pitch so well. I used to have minor heart attacks when we would pitch the ball but now its like an everyday thing that I expect to work with Milton.

Reactions: Mikesi
G
What a week for the UCF Knights and your great program. If these reports are true this is a monster hire! There will be no drop off and this program is here to stay. Sumlin is a hell of a coach. Very proud of your program and all the success you’ve earned. Hope it continues for the foreseeable future. Go UCF, GO KNIGHTS!!

Go pound sand

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Clarke had blown coverage all day. The only time I saw Hughes beat was that last fade in OT to Miller...

But to be fair that was a 3 future NFL play. Future QB, WR & CB.
Clark has been blowing coverage for the last few games...

I don't buy the Sumlin talk. Seems too soon, and you know he is gonna have other decent offers. This same situation happened last time with twitter spreading rumors and it ended up being another name.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight

What a turnaround!
Yes, his running and decision making have been awesome.

This is a perfectly fine post, there is no reason to ban, I'm getting tired of the wolf cries and will start banning posters here for the false alarms.

C'mon BG. I've got tenure. It's common to say "Mods ban" when a rookie says something that we don't like.

Last edited:
Sumlin would be a great hire, but I don't know if UCF is willing to write that check. He would ask for $4+ million.

When it's all said and done it will only cost $350k/yr to pay for Frost so we have some extra cash to throw at a new coach and staff. Keep the same kind of relative buyouts in contrscts and in 2-3 seasons, assuming continued success, the next coach may end up not costing that much either.

Did I miss something? Why would we pay Frost anything? He is the one who is resigning. It is more likely that Nebraska will be paying UCF for hiring Frost away from us.

Sumlin might be waiting to see what happens with the Oregon job, if he stalls too much wonder what White will do.

Sumlin would be a great hire, but I don't know if UCF is willing to write that check. He would ask for $4+ million.

Sumlin should accept the discount price in exchange for the unbelievable amount of wins he could rack up here in a couple years. Then he'll be a really hot name again and will get paid huge by someone.

Yeah UCF shouldn't owe Frost anything. If there is a buyout, then Frost or Nobraska has to pay it.

I believe what mattropolis was referring to was something I read earlier somewhere... that we paid Frost like $3.75MM over the 2 years he was here. His buyout was $3MM. So really in the end, we only paid him $750K or so, for 2 years of being our coach.

I believe what mattropolis was referring to was something I read earlier somewhere... that we paid Frost like $3.75MM over the 2 years he was here. His buyout was $3MM. So really in the end, we only paid him $750K or so, for 2 years of being our coach.

Got it! Thanks for the clarification.

Get the working for free.

Sumlin should accept the discount price in exchange for the unbelievable amount of wins he could rack up here in a couple years. Then he'll be a really hot name again and will get paid huge by someone.

He just got paid a $10 million buyout. My guess is that he might sit out a year or two and see what comes available. His stock is plenty hot, and should remain so for the near future. If he had some tie to UCF, maybe. Otherwise it will take some strong incentive to reel him in. Frankly, I'm surprised Tennessee hasn't backed up the Brinks truck to his house yet.

What a week for the UCF Knights and your great program. If these reports are true this is a monster hire! There will be no drop off and this program is here to stay. Sumlin is a hell of a coach. Very proud of your program and all the success you’ve earned. Hope it continues for the foreseeable future. Go UCF, GO KNIGHTS!!

Reports of Sumlin's hire are a little premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT