ADVERTISEMENT

Revisiting the 2023 football schedule

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
I see UCF opening with wins over Kent State, Boise State, and Villanova to open 3-0.

Winning a road game in Manhattan and at home against Baylor, however, may be too daunting. Chris Klieman is one of the more underrated college football coaches in the nation, and Gus has never defeated a Dave Aranda-coached squad.

The Knights will also be underdogs in trips to Norman, Lawrence, and Cincinnati, but I can see UCF avoiding the sweep, with the Kansas tilt being a toss up that could go either way. I love Gus's chances against Neil Brown, Mike Gundy, and Joey McGuire to close the season.

All and all, I can *realistically* envision the Knights (7-4, 5-4) finishing with a winning inaugural Big12 record, closing strong at 5-0, and earning a bowl trip for a chance to secure eight wins.

(However, it would more to Gus's modus operandi to beat Oklahoma and Cincinnati but lose to West Virginia and Texas Tech.)

Note: Considering as of 2020, Oklahoma and Boise State have two of the nation's top three best regular season home winning percentages over the past two decades, a win against either team, much less both, will be a remarkable feat.

Last edited:
I see UCF opening with wins over Kent State, Boise State, and Villanova to open 3-0.

Winning a road game in Manhattan and at home against Baylor, however, may be too daunting. Chris Klieman is one of the more underrated college football coaches in the nation, and Gus has never defeated a Dave Aranda-coached squad.

The Knights will also be underdogs in trips to Norman, Lawrence, and Cincinnati, but I can see UCF avoiding the sweep, with the Kansas tilt being a toss up that could go either way. I love Gus's chances against Neil Brown, Mike Gundy, and Joey McGuire to close the season.

All and all, I can *realistically* envision the Knights (7-4, 5-4) finishing with a winning inaugural Big12 record, closing strong at 5-0, and earning a bowl trip for a chance to secure eight wins.

(However, it would more to Gus's modus operandi to beat Oklahoma and Cincinnati but lose to West Virginia and Texas Tech.)

Note: Considering as of 2020, Oklahoma and Boise State have two of the nation's top three best regular season home winning percentages over the past two decades, a win against either team, much less both, will be a remarkable feat.
How bout we give it another 5 months before we start making predictions? eh?

My prediction is thatyou have no idea what it takes to play a schedule with legit teams week in and week out.

Big 12 is really “The Midgets and misfits”, you guys are misfits.

Charge on *
If any fans have valid opinions on toting azz whippings "week in and week out" after a conference change, it's miami hurricane fans. On this particular scenario, you have demonstrated mastery. So I guess I will take your word for it.

My prediction is thatyou have no idea what it takes to play a schedule with legit teams week in and week out.

Big 12 is really “The Midgets and misfits”, you guys are misfits.

Charge on *
Arent you the team that has never won an acc title? Congrats on your cupcake status

No trophies of asterisks are celebrated where I went to school. There is a whole building for trophies, not a silly case.

Until I'm convinced we have a solid QB position with options in case of injury and enough depth on both sides of the line to play all P5 teams in Oct/Nov I'm going with 5-7.

Just a reality of moving up in competition.

Until I'm convinced we have a solid QB position with options in case of injury and enough depth on both sides of the line to play all P5 teams in Oct/Nov I'm going with 5-7.

Just a reality of moving up in competition.
You can argue that the Knights downgraded at offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. (I maintain that Gus Malzahn and David Gibbs have been the coordinators going on for three years now.) You can argue that UCF failed to improve its QB, WR, TE, OL, and LB rooms significantly in the portal.

But... there is no denying that UCF will field a very veteran ball club in 2023. Multiple multi-year starters will litter the field on offense and defense. No UCF underclassmen declared early last year. And while the Knights lost so e quality players in the transfer portal, they retained a large quantity of letterman (that no other programs wanted). UCF is one of few Big12 programs with 85 scholarship athletes going through spring ball. Plus Gus has never had a losing season, so I don't expect things to change in 2023.

What a bunch of gibberish.

You can argue that the Knights downgraded at offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. (I maintain that Gus Malzahn and David Gibbs have been the coordinators going on for three years now.) You can argue that UCF failed to improve its QB, WR, TE, OL, and LB rooms significantly in the portal.

But... there is no denying that UCF will field a very veteran ball club in 2023. Multiple multi-year starters will litter the field on offense and defense. No UCF underclassmen declared early last year. And while the Knights lost so e quality players in the transfer portal, they retained a large quantity of letterman (that no other programs wanted). UCF is one of few Big12 programs with 85 scholarship athletes going through spring ball. Plus Gus has never had a losing season, so I don't expect things to change in 2023.
If you re-read what you wrote, think about how negative your posting has been around the QB position AND use your head (the one Lobotomy cane is missing half of.....reminds me, you ever wonder how much of his drool gets on the fries he prepares?), you will realize that we are unlikely to go bowling other than the team building party.

And it should be expected really.....

If you re-read what you wrote, think about how negative your posting has been around the QB position AND use your head (the one Lobotomy cane is missing half of.....reminds me, you ever wonder how much of his drool gets on the fries he prepares?), you will realize that we are unlikely to go bowling other than the team building party.

And it should be expected really.....
Fair point, so I will explain.

In order for Gus and UCF to compete with the upper echelon of the Big 12 next year, a significant QB injury in the spring game is needed to force Gus's hand into signing a relevant portal quarterback (which is what he should be doing anyway).

With a legitimate QB, the Knights go from also-ran to also in the running.

With the program "as is," Gus and UCF are capable of making another meaningless bowl with a forgettable 7-5 inaugural Big12 season.

Gus is too good of a coach and UCF is too proud of a program to expect/accept any less (unless Boise State lands in the Cotton Bowl at which point all bets are off.)

Last edited:
So all this nonsense aside, who’s going to the Boise St game? I’m finding tickets right now are outrageous. I have booked flights (out of Salt Lake City UT) at reasonable rates through Spirit, a rental car (convertible mustang, hell yeah kids and I will love the drive, top down) and hotel room via points relatively easy. But the game day tickets available are irritating right now. I feel like maybe I should wait, probably not a great idea but it’s the first year (of many I hope) of bringing my oldest kids (8 & 10) to an away game, and I like good seats. I used to go with a friend every year but rather go with the kids and do some awesome adventures, Boise seems like setting the bar high for the first kid trip with possible excursions.

I’d spend $150ish per ticket (don’t @ me Posit)…but nothing available currently worth a shit unless it’s $240+. Should I wait? What are you guys doing?

well, you have a k-state fan here for a first look. i'm not surprised there's some trolling from nearby schools but nothing from your b12 mates.

we open b12 play in manhattan. we've hosted ucf in the past, during bill snyder's reign and will welcome you back.

best wishes for a smooth transition. #emaw

exterior_aerial-nw_CREDIT-KSU-Athletics_213D15B8-4FDA-472A-882AEC3EFD17151E_379c6ce9-0114-414d-99f89c98633b1a64.jpg

well, you have a k-state fan here for a first look. i'm not surprised there's some trolling from nearby schools but nothing from your b12 mates.

we open b12 play in manhattan. we've hosted ucf in the past, during bill snyder's reign and will welcome you back.

exterior_aerial-nw_CREDIT-KSU-Athletics_213D15B8-4FDA-472A-882AEC3EFD17151E_379c6ce9-0114-414d-99f89c98633b1a64.jpg
My sister is moving to Kansas City next month and I have the choice of going to k state or Kansas. I’m going to kstate of course. First big 12 game and an elite team!! Your stadium looks amazing!! Hope we can upset y’all haha 🍻

My sister is moving to Kansas City next month and I have the choice of going to k state or Kansas. I’m going to kstate of course. First big 12 game and an elite team!! Your stadium looks amazing!! Hope we can upset y’all haha 🍻
well, score more points would be the correct answer. you'll be welcomed here. let me know how we can help with local knowledge. manhattan is a great college town worthy of your time before and after the game.

manhattan.jpg

Reactions: Wings0fred

They’ll come closer to football season. Only fan bases that came really were Nebraska, Miami and USF. USF fans went into hiding.

In order for Gus and UCF to compete with the upper echelon of the Big 12 next year, a significant QB injury in the spring game is needed to force Gus's hand into signing a relevant portal quarterback (which is what he should be doing anyway).

With the program "as is," Gus and UCF are capable of making another meaningless bowl with a forgettable 7-5 inaugural Big12 season.

Gus is too good of a coach and UCF is too proud of a program to expect/accept any less (unless Boise State lands in the Cotton Bowl at which point all bets are off.)

It scares me that Hinshaw is saying that the QBs, including 5th year senior JRP, are not ready. Still working on this that the other. By now JRP should be beyond ready.

It scares me that Hinshaw is saying that the QBs, including 5th year senior JRP, are not ready. Still working on this that the other. By now JRP should be beyond ready.
Exhibit 26 why we should have added another full time, 24/7 thinking only about football QB. There were plenty of portal options, a few of which would have provided meaningful competition…..we couldn’t even get Hinshaw’s QB to come in here, he transferred somewhere else…..LOL

incoming freshman Qb Dylan Rizk comes in to compete in the summer as well.

Big 12 College Football Predictions For Every Game: Spring Version​

UCF Predictions​

Spring Prediction: 6-6
Big 12 Prediction: 4-5
Aug 31 Kent State
Sept 9 at Boise State L
Sept 16 Villanova
Sept 23 at Kansas State L
Sept 30 Baylor
Oct 7 at Kansas L
Oct 12 OPEN DATE
Oct 21 at Oklahoma L
Oct 28 West Virginia
Nov 4 at Cincinnati L
Nov 11 Oklahoma State
Nov 18 at Texas Tech L
Nov 25 Houston

UCF Predictions​

Aug 31 Kent State
Sept 9 at Boise State L
Sept 16 Villanova
Sept 30 Baylor
Oct 7 at Kansas L
Oct 12 OPEN DATE
Oct 21 at Oklahoma L
Oct 28 West Virginia
Nov 4 at Cincinnati L
Nov 11 Oklahoma State
Nov 18 at Texas Tech L
Nov 25 Houston

There is a idiot born everyday and today his name is Michael C. Johnson of USAToday. This cat is predicting UCF will go winless on the road.

Listen GIF by The Woody Show

Gus Malzahn has an all-time winning record of 26-25 in road games as a head coach and was 18-13 as an offensive coordinator in away games and has never went winless in a season on the road at any time as a college coach.

Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

This joker is picking Texas to win the conference outright at 10-2. Maybe he should have read the on3 article I posted that stated "Sark has just a single nine-win season in nine years" as a head coach: https://www.on3.com/news/2023-big-1...ds-the-top-spot-chris-klieman-or-sonny-dykes/

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

"To be ignorant of the past is to be forever a child."
--Marcus Tullius Cicero​

Last edited:
incoming freshman Qb Dylan Rizk comes in to compete in the summer as well.

UCF Predictions​

Aug 31 Kent State
Sept 9 at Boise State L
Sept 16 Villanova
Sept 30 Baylor
Oct 7 at Kansas L
Oct 12 OPEN DATE
Oct 21 at Oklahoma L
Oct 28 West Virginia
Nov 4 at Cincinnati L
Nov 11 Oklahoma State
Nov 18 at Texas Tech L
Nov 25 Houston
As of now, I am comfortable we are not going to lose that Oct 12 date.

It's all speculation at this point. I don't know enough about the other teams to make a prediction.

However, this time of year, I always have my Black-n-Gold Goggles on tight and say we are going undefeated and all the way to winning the National Championship. WE WANT BAMA...

Ask, me in the fall after a couple games in though. I may have a different outlook. :p

LOL. UCF has holes at LB and specially in the entire secondary. Zero dudes that can rush the passer. Going to a pass happy league.

BUT this Auburn Legacy character tries to gaslight everyone here…”7-5 is the floor” according to him. Also, zero viable transfer QB will commit to your “Yes Man” OC Hinshaw and Malhazan.

INSANE that this Auburn Legacy 1 clown is hoping for one of the UCF QB’s to suffer a significant injury in the Spring game. You sad UCF fans don’t call him out for that?

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
LOL. UCF has holes at LB and specially in the entire secondary. Zero dudes that can rush the passer. Going to a pass happy league.
UCF does have holes at linebacker, but that is what the portal is for. The Knights just got a fairly elite corner from Middle Tennessee State and arguably have improved (on paper) in the secondary over last season, provided the transfer can produce as good as his stats indicate. But I do think the Knights will have to adjust the quality of wide receivers in the Big 12. UCF got two four-star true freshmen edges who can rush the passer. The Knights could use a 0 technique capable of rushing the passer from the NG position, but it is not a must.
BUT this Auburn Legacy character tries to gaslight everyone here…”7-5 is the floor” according to him.
Although losing seasons are a common theme with Miami fans, Gus Malzahn has never had a losing season, so yes, that would suggest 7 wins is the floor.
Also, zero viable transfer QB will commit to your “Yes Man” OC Hinshaw and Malhazan.
Literally, the most successful quarterbacks of Gus's career have been transfers. But I am not a fan of any quarterback currently on the roster.
INSANE that this Auburn Legacy 1 clown is hoping for one of the UCF QB’s to suffer a significant injury in the Spring game. You sad UCF fans don’t call him out for that?
I meant every word of it. Gus will have mediocre 7-5/8-4 seasons in the new league but WILL NOT truly contend for a Big 12 championship until he has a viable quarterback, who is capable of late game heroics. Gus has already said, through Hinshaw, that UCF is 100% satisfied with his QB room, so it will take a season-ending injury to one of the three current "scholarship holders" for UCF to have a legitimate chance to win the Big 12 next season.

uat, Texas, Georgia, UCLA, Nebraska, Ole Miss, etc. are just a few programs with ongoing QB battles to monitor. Any one of those programs have a guy who could catapult UCF in the top four of the Big 12 in Year 1.

UCF does have holes at linebacker, but that is what the portal is for. The Knights just got a fairly elite corner from Middle Tennessee State and arguably have improved (on paper) in the secondary over last season, provided the transfer can produce as good as his stats indicate. But I do think the Knights will have to adjust the quality of wide receivers in the Big 12. UCF got two four-star true freshmen edges who can rush the passer. The Knights could use a 0 technique capable of rushing the passer from the NG position, but it is not a must.

Although losing seasons are a common theme with Miami fans, Gus Malzahn has never had a losing season, so yes, that would suggest 7 wins is the floor.

Literally, the most successful quarterbacks of Gus's career have been transfers. But I am not a fan of any quarterback currently on the roster.

I meant every word of it. Gus will have mediocre 7-5/8-4 seasons in the new league but WILL NOT truly contend for a Big 12 championship until he has a viable quarterback, who is capable of late game heroics. Gus has already said, through Hinshaw, that UCF is 100% satisfied with his QB room, so it will take a season-ending injury to one of the three current "scholarship holders" for UCF to have a legitimate chance to win the Big 12 next season.

uat, Texas, Georgia, UCLA, Nebraska, Ole Miss, etc. are just a few programs with ongoing QB battles to monitor. Any one of those programs have a guy who could catapult UCF in the top four of the Big 12 in Year 1.
You are a very disturbed individual, wishing a significant injury on a college football player. That’s all.

so who will it be in the b12 for ucf, cincinnati or houston?

k-state is ku
isu is k-state
ku is k-state
oSu is ou
ou is texas
texas is ou
txt is texas
tcu is bu
bu is tcu
uh likely bu
byu - none
nati likely wvu
wvu likely nati

so who will it be in the b12 for ucf, cincinnati or houston?

k-state is ku
isu is k-state
ku is k-state
oSu is ou
ou is texas
texas is ou
txt is texas
tcu is bu
bu is tcu
uh likely bu
byu - none
nati likely wvu
wvu likely nati
Cinci just makes sense since we have been trading blows at the top of the AAC for last several years now. Their fans are trash and might be more annoying than our fans at this point. Seems like a mutual hate or annoyance between the two of us. Other than them, we don’t have anyone that naturally fits.

Not going to lie, and as much as UF fans would hate to admit, we have a brewing rivalry going with them. We hate their elitist attitudes, they hate us for everything basically. Recent wins in football and basketball with the upcoming football series. Won’t really be a rivalry as they won’t schedule us anymore, but the mutual hate is there.

Reactions: AVeritas
So this Auburn Legacy gets a pass after wishing a significant injury on the UCF QB’s?! You UCF fake fans are something else man. No wonder all of you get dragged by TitanCane and BetterDuck.

• Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
So this Auburn Legacy gets a pass after wishing a significant injury on the UCF QB’s?! You UCF fake fans are something else man. No wonder all of you get dragged by TitanCane and BetterDuck.
Bro, Miami the brokest rich college out their man…without Ruiz dumb ass money, you guys would be G5.

Bro, Miami the brokest rich college out their man…without Ruiz dumb ass money, you guys would be G5.

Miami is an interesting school in the sense that their current students don't care about football.

Miami's fans are people in their 30s+ who used to watch them as a kid in south Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT