ADVERTISEMENT

Revisiting the 2023 football schedule

Aside from Boise State (31), UCF does not face a 2023 opponent that ranked in the top 60 nationally in rushing defense.

UCF went 5-0 last year when averaging 5.5+ yards per carry and was 7-0 when rushing for more than 210 yards in 2022.

UCF went 0-4 in games that it failed to rush for at least 160 rushing yards.

Tulane (69) is the only team with a rushing defense outside the top 50 to beat UCF, which played with a third string quarterback and injured quarterback in the game. ECU (19), Duke (27), and Navy (3) all finished among the top 50.
But, our rushing defense......beaten at home by NAVY. Are other teams going to try and repeat what Navy and Tulane, and Duke did?

Guys, I am officially drinking the Knight-aide wearing the black and Golden glasses, and bathing in spray tan, there is no way this team sucks!

How many seasons do you go into where the biggest position battles are center (where you have two former starters competing), a linebacker spot (where you returned the starter from last season), cornerback (where you signed a projected first round NFL pick), and backup quarterback (granted you probably do suck there)?

Every team has question marks, but this team is stacked!

Big12 Championship Game appearance in Year 1 or bust!
What a clown. All this guy does is gaslight you people.

Malzahn averaged 3 losses a year at Auburn if you take out bowl games and the Bama game and he's averaged 4 here. It's obviously a step up in strength of schedule this year so I'll say 6-6 at best.
Although I was right with my prediction, it’s crazy to think we could have finished 9-3. And out of the 3 losses, we even could have won 2/3 (Oklahoma and Kansas St.). Kansas was the only game we had no shot. The team performed much better than I anticipated despite the .500 record so props to Malzahn. Now I’m expecting to improve on our record next year and pull out some of those 50/50 games we lost this year.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Although I was right with my prediction, it’s crazy to think we could have finished 9-3. And out of the 3 losses, we even could have won 2/3 (Oklahoma and Kansas St.). Kansas was the only game we had no shot. The team performed much better than I anticipated despite the .500 record so props to Malzahn. Now I’m expecting to improve on our record next year and pull out some of those 50/50 games we lost this year.
Based on UCF's track record of joining new conferences, everyone expected us to be hot. I felt like we had too much room to grow in critical areas (OL, DL, etc.). I felt good knowing that we weren't blown out of the water in every game. We look like we belong in their league so that was helpful.

The next 2 years will be telling though - if we continue to get good play makers and continue to build on our success, we will be top team in this conference. I'm expecting UCF to be considered headed to the CCG in the 25/26 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT