ADVERTISEMENT

Rio Looks Apocalyptic a Year After the Olympics

It's almost as if having an economically depressed nation spend billions on infrastructure and event sites that will be used once for a specific purpose isn't a good idea.
whats really funny is they didnt learn their lesson with the WC just a few years before...

Shocker: it's not just a Brazil thing. It happens everywhere.
Well not everywhere. Just places that have no business hosting the Olympics or similar types of events. WC or Olympics in actual developed areas are fine for the most part.

Putting them in extremely poor areas is just an opportunity to fleece the area for labor and kickbacks leading up to the actual games.

This is how the IOC and FIFA make money. They get boat loads of bribes to give these third world country the games. They don't make any money giving the games to North America or Europe who already have the stadiums and infrastructure in place to host the games tomorrow.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I've still yet to hear a legit plan on how FIFA will carry out a WC in a Middle Eastern nation during Ramadan, where the heat index will be 120 daily, where drinking is banned in public places (outside of hotels), and the entire current hotel infrastructure is built to accommodate basically business travelers only.

No one goes to Qatar to vacation.

And now also a country that is basically blockaded by the Saudi coalition and accused to supporting and financing terrorism.

This is how the IOC and FIFA make money. They get boat loads of bribes to give these third world country the games. They don't make any money giving the games to North America or Europe who already have the stadiums and infrastructure in place to host the games tomorrow.

Ding!

Same thing for the World Cup and the main reason why Qatar "won" (bribed) over the USA because not one stadium needs to be built if USA had won that bid.

Qatar is having to build NINE new stadiums plus renovating 3 more as this country had basically nothi BFF in place to host this event, hence why the bribes were so big/obvious (from voting members to construction companies,etc..)

Similarly with most of the World Cup Stadiums used in South Africa in 2010.

http://www.africareview.com/special...te-elephants/979182-3340518-r9njba/index.html

I've still yet to hear a legit plan on how FIFA will carry out a WC in a Middle Eastern nation during Ramadan, where the heat index will be 120 daily, where drinking is banned in public places (outside of hotels), and the entire current hotel infrastructure is built to accommodate basically business travelers only.

No one goes to Qatar to vacation.

And now also a country that is basically blockaded by the Saudi coalition and accused to supporting and financing terrorism.
They arent going to have the games in the summer. I believe they are going to host the games in late November and early December.

They arent going to have the games in the summer. I believe they are going to host the games in late November and early December.

Ok- so only one issue is resolved. But isn't this smack dab in the middle of league seasons?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT