ADVERTISEMENT

Rising Covid cases

You could say this about almost anything. The good thing is, though, that we try to be as free as possible and not start letting others make decisions for us. It's called freedom. Freedom isn't free, and it certainly doesn't mean all outcomes will turn out well. I'd rather have freedom than the alternative.

Everyone should be mandated to work out and be forced to see a nutritionist and doctor if thier BMI is not within what insurance mandates. I mean, people being out of shape has medical implications. Those costs have to be absorbed by insurance. I have to pay for insurance. Because of this, the insurance costs will go up and my premium increases will have to go up as well. If this happened we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Prior to the Pandemic, over 38,000 people died every year from influenza. If everyone got the flu shot, everyone mandated to wear masks, and lockdowns imposed, there would be a lot more people alive.

Over 36,000 people die in car accidents every year. If we got rid of cars, well most of that problem would be solved. In fact, we'd be greatly reducing greenhouse gases so why are we allowed to drive again?

Over 10,000 people per year die due to drunk driving. How to solve this problem? Get rid of alcohol. Why haven't we done this yet? Do we just not care?

It might also be important that we live as free as possible. It's very human to be free, and success and failure will come with

"Live Free and Die Stupid" seems to be the rallying cry of many of the Trumplicans.
The Last quotes of the Fallen...

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
guess if you want to find ‘good news’ hopefully this FL wave is done by Labor Day weekend …Delta in India and UK peaked faster than other variant waves . Florida has a higher vax rate than India but lower than UK 🇬🇧

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
guess if you want to find ‘good news’ hopefully this FL wave is done by Labor Day weekend …Delta in India and UK peaked faster than other variant waves . Florida has a higher vax rate than India but lower than UK 🇬🇧
Agreed I think October-November should be back to low numbers. But peaking numbers heading into school openings isn't ideal and could complicate things, including the possibility of players testing positive in August.

You could say this about almost anything. The good thing is, though, that we try to be as free as possible and not start letting others make decisions for us. It's called freedom. Freedom isn't free, and it certainly doesn't mean all outcomes will turn out well. I'd rather have freedom than the alternative.

Everyone should be mandated to work out and be forced to see a nutritionist and doctor if thier BMI is not within what insurance mandates. I mean, people being out of shape has medical implications. Those costs have to be absorbed by insurance. I have to pay for insurance. Because of this, the insurance costs will go up and my premium increases will have to go up as well. If this happened we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Prior to the Pandemic, over 38,000 people died every year from influenza. If everyone got the flu shot, everyone mandated to wear masks, and lockdowns imposed, there would be a lot more people alive.

Over 36,000 people die in car accidents every year. If we got rid of cars, well most of that problem would be solved. In fact, we'd be greatly reducing greenhouse gases so why are we allowed to drive again?

Over 10,000 people per year die due to drunk driving. How to solve this problem? Get rid of alcohol. Why haven't we done this yet? Do we just not care?

It might also be important that we live as free as possible. It's very human to be free, and success and failure will come with it.
I don't know but it looks like the thinking changes when the number of victims of any one issue goes above 100,000.
35,000 < 38,000 < 500,000

BTW, there really isn't much that can be done against car accidents besides improvements to cars and roads. We have laws against people driving drunk, people driving and texting and we have the seatbelt laws = laws that had to be enacted because idiots didn't understand the benefit

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
No rescheduled games …if a team has a large enough outbreak forfeit and an L

Doubt the SEC, Big10, PAC12, Big12 or ACC has this same rule. Can you imagine an outbreak in the SEC where Alabama has to take an L or two. The talking heads would most likely discredit their covid L but count ours, I could totally see the bias happening.

Doubt the SEC, Big10, PAC12, Big12 or ACC has this same rule. Can you imagine an outbreak in the SEC where Alabama has to take an L or two. The talking heads would most likely discredit their covid L but count ours, I could totally see the bias happening.
I think they will and Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State are now over 90% vaxxed

UCF is only in the 70s….

I’m pretty sure every play that’s not vaccinated will be forced to get tested every week. If you are vaccinated only test if showing symptoms.
I imagine they will test vaccinated players if they are in direct contact with unvaccinated player tests positive regardless of symptoms. i.e. unvaccinated OL tests positive, all OL will be tested that practiced with him.

I imagine they will test vaccinated players if they are in direct contact with unvaccinated player tests positive regardless of symptoms. i.e. unvaccinated OL tests positive, all OL will be tested that practiced with him.
Who is overseeing it? Is it the League sending a rep to every game?

Who is overseeing it? Is it the League sending a rep to every game?
It doesn't matter, they all spread, mRNA vaccinated or not.

I don't know but it looks like the thinking changes when the number of victims of any one issue goes above 100,000.
35,000 < 38,000 < 500,000

BTW, there really isn't much that can be done against car accidents besides improvements to cars and roads. We have laws against people driving drunk, people driving and texting and we have the seatbelt laws = laws that had to be enacted because idiots didn't understand the benefit
Smoking causes almost half a million deaths a year in the US. 50K additional deaths due to second hand smoke. Odd smoking doesn't get weekly numbers published for everyone to see and a governmental campaign to stop or make smoking illegal.
Personally I don't care if someone else wants to smoke and this virus doesn't seem that much worse to me.

Smoking causes almost half a million deaths a year in the US. 50K additional deaths due to second hand smoke. Odd smoking doesn't get weekly numbers published for everyone to see and a governmental campaign to stop or make smoking illegal.
Personally I don't care if someone else wants to smoke and this virus doesn't seem that much worse to me.
Cause everyone celebrates smokers and we never see campaigns, rules, laws, insurances, or companies penalizing smokers. I don't think those that choose to be unvaccinated want to be treated the same way as smokers.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It's an airborne infection, the vaccine is not going to stop people from getting infected. Hopefully it's true that the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus, but the story on this changes like the weather. If your breathing air you may get infected.

Last edited:
Smoking is almost universally illegal in public at this point. It’s also not a communicable disease for which a free vaccination exists.

this actually made sense to you? you sat down and typed this up and said to yourself, "yeah, checkmate!"

Smoking is almost universally illegal in public at this point. It’s also not a communicable disease for which a free vaccination exists.

Right, smoking is illegal in most indoor public spaces. OMG communism! My body my choice! Oh but there’s just one difference… COVID is a highly transmissible, potentially deadly virus.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Not sure anyone of you that responded understood my point. No one knows for certain the long term effects of the vaccine or those forced to wear a mask all day. It is certain, that if the sale of cigarettes was illegal over the course of years millions of people in the US would not die.

I personally don't care if you smoke, don't smoke, get a vaccine, don't get a vaccine, wear a mask or don't wear a mask. IF it's just about saving lives, then those trying to dictate should be consistent.

Not sure anyone of you that responded understood my point. No one knows for certain the long term effects of the vaccine or those forced to wear a mask all day. It is certain, that if the sale of cigarettes was illegal over the course of years millions of people in the US would not die.

I personally don't care if you smoke, don't smoke, get a vaccine, don't get a vaccine, wear a mask or don't wear a mask. IF it's just about saving lives, then those trying to dictate should be consistent.
There aren’t long term effects of a vaccine. it’s fleeting in the body. Not a medication. Doctors and nurses have been wearing masks all day for decades. There aren’t long term effects. Your hypothetical “long term effect” that hasn’t manifested yet is not a higher risk than Covid. Not close.

SEC Teams will forfeit.

Hopefully it's true that the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus, but the story on this changes like the weather. If your breathing air you may get infected.
Ah...that's proven time and time again.

95% of AdventHealth record number of Covid patients were not vaccinated...while 63% of Orange County residents ARE vaccinated.

Quote in today's Sentinel:
About 5% of the roughly 300 COVID-19 patients in AdventHealth’s intensive care units are vaccinated, and most of those vaccinated patients have an underlying condition that puts them more at risk, said Dr. Eduardo Oliveira, executive director of Critical Care Services at AdventHealth, Central Florida’s largest hospital system.

Sure...some vaccinated people are testing positive as breakthru cases but the great news is....almost all are not having to be hospitalized or worse dying...like thise who are unvaccinated.

As some know, a "young" 38 yr old Dungeon member died the other day from Covid (unvaccinated), while another 36 yr old (unvaccinated) Dungeon member is now fighting Covid in the hospital.

Delta Variant is a game changer.... especially for those who are younger and unvaccinated.

Last edited:
Ah...that's proven time and time again.

95% of AdventHealth record number of Covid patients were not vaccinated...while 63% of Orange County residents ARE vaccinated.

Quote in today's Sentinel:
About 5% of the roughly 300 COVID-19 patients in AdventHealth’s intensive care units are vaccinated, and most of those vaccinated patients have an underlying condition that puts them more at risk, said Dr. Eduardo Oliveira, executive director of Critical Care Services at AdventHealth, Central Florida’s largest hospital system.

Sure...some vaccinated people are testing positive as breakthru cases but the great news is....almost all are not having to be hospitalized or worse dying...like thise who are unvaccinated.

As some know, a "young" 38 yr old Dungeon member died the other day from Covid (unvaccinated), while another 36 yr old (unvaccinated) Dungeon member is now fighting Covid in the hospital.

Delta Variant is a game changer.... especially for those who are younger and unvaccinated.
Yes, the Delta Variant is very serious. A guy I have know for sometime died Aug 3. Prayers for all the people infected. He was in his forties, not sure if he had the vaccine.

• Sad
Reactions: Knight_Light
The age distribution of those in the hospitals in Florida is significantly lower currently than in 2020. 19-50 year old make up the largest population in the hospital for covid and overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

Everyone is entitled to their stance, but they should also seek out the statistics and current environment. Changing conditions should always be considered when making decisions about one's health.

Given how much it spreads regardless of vaccination, I think testing is outdated and needs to be nuked altogether.

Encourage everyone to get a vaccine and let the kids play.

Completely agree with that statement, but 95% of responses in this thread have zero to do with UCF or football. It’s basically the same pro vax / anti vax food fight that is happening all around the country.
I'm honestly tired of both groups.

Both groups are guilty of pulling things right out of their rectums, and have been wrong time and time again.

What matters is conveying the simple, proven realities that any mRNA vaccine boosts IgG antibodies and keeps people our of hospitals compared to those without, literally by almost 2 orders of magnitude. That, plus <<1% (often <0.1%) rare, short-term complications are well mitigated now.

The more honest, transparent and forward we are, the more trust is built and people will will be vaccinated. Warning labels were always going to come, and I really want to smack the idiots who said 'safe' and 'all issues known' from the get-go.

That's how you lose trust, not build it!!!

Reactions: Wings0fred
"Live Free and Die Stupid" seems to be the rallying cry of many of the Trumplicans.
It wouldn't be able to take hold at all if pro-vaxxers weren't pulling things out of their rectums as much as them.

Heck, the backlash against Dr. Fauci had been because pro-vaxxers put things into Fauci's mouth he never stated.

All Fauci has done wrong is support Gain of Function, and lied about its definition. He s been largely right on everything else.

Including N95 masks doing nothing to filter.

• Dislike
Reactions: UCFVanWilder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT