ADVERTISEMENT

Rittenhouse trial is over before it begins

One of the last witnesses was a Kenosha detective who was testifying as to not finding a round on the ground when the rifle misfired. She made an erroneous statement that you either get a fired round or a round on the ground with a cycling of the action. Like it was a 50/50 thing. The problem is that she never accounted for a faulty magazine producing a failure to feed which is the most likely thing that happened. Unfortunately, no one corrected her on that and the jury has bad information. I'm surprised that there isn't a weapons expert (not a detective but an actual armorer) on both sides of every firearms trial to make sure the jury has good information.
I didn't see anything in the video that showed Rittenhouse chambering a round. It seemed like the prosecution was just grasping at straws with this one.

I mean, I just love this...
Fair enough. It’s really just the Prosecutor. I think he’s trying to save his own ass with his antics.
Yep, but I think the 5th Amendment Flirt is going to get him in front of the Bar and likely Censured by his peers. He really f'd up on a lot of things, but that one right there is universally wrong.

In any case, 'The Woke' now have the 'Asian Food' joke to 'hate on' the judge. Not to defend the judge, as his comment was 'insensitive,' but ...

Once Sysco Corporation bought Asian Foods in 2003, they did very much become the US' largest food importer from China. So the joke, while 'insensitive,' is not necessarily out-of-context. A lot of Asian food, despite being 'New York style' and not authentic, is imported from China and other, Asia-Pacfiic nations and very much being 'held up' in ports.

Sysco, among others, have had to 'dump' a lot of food that has turned rotten as a result too.

More embarrassment from the woke libs. Now the FBI is harassing Project Veritas . So corrupt entire government across the board

Reactions: _glaciers
That was a weird line of questioning. If Kyle knew anything about guns he could have torn the DA apart on it. At such close range, a hollow point would have done way more damage and still passed through the victim, so it really made no difference other than maybe giving the victim a better chance of survival by not using them.
Rittenhouse understands more about firearms than people are saying, pretty good for 17 (now 18) if you ask me.

"I don't think people use hollow points for hunting deer."

Soft points are still preferred on deer for many reasons, but the biggest being balance of expansion v. penetration. Deer are very, very limber and muscular compared to humans (or cows for that matter) who have a lot of fat outside of young military personnel (cue the FBI FMJ v. SP v. [J]HP v. etc... studies on common citizens/criminals v. militiary use). Although in any case ...

Most states have a minimum caliber of .243/6mm for deer for a reason, much like I don't like .223/5.56mm for humans either, and the US Army has known that for a long-time -- hence the new NGSW + NG-Rifle (6.8mm high velocity bullet -- cartridge is still being evaluated with the weapons).

If alleged 'gun safety' advocates would actually argue that, they could get the .223/5.56mm outlawed for home defense, and start requiring at least .243/6mm. Athough the NSSF (the actual, real gun manufacturers lobby) would love that for new sales, so the 'gun safety' fools won't do such.

The USMC has always known that about .223/5.56mm and refused to adopt it since the '60s, until forced (no more 7.62mm rifles being manufactured by '67 -- although they were resurrected for Afghanistan/Iraq as the M4 is only 20-40% combat effective), which is why they only shoot for 'the T' (eyes-nose).

That's why the Iraq government accused the UMSC of 'execution style head shots' until an investigation turned up the fact that most insurgents who were killed were the ones the Marines shot in the T ... at distance, and it wasn't close.

The 14.5" M4 barrel also, absolutely sucks -- and most civilian 16" (minimum length) barrels (although stainless steel, more common in civilian, helps) -- for tumbling-fragmentation of the .223/5.56mm S109 and M855 and as well -- the alleged main 'advantage' of of the .223/5.56 utterly negated.

This is also why the USMC stuck (and still sticks) with the 20" M16 and even commissioned both the M16A2 in '83 as well as M16A4 in the '00s as the M4 became the standard carbine of the US Army. The Marines even developed their own, heavier Mk318 cartridge-bullet which was excellent in the 20" M16 (direct-impingement) and more reliable (in automatic fire) M27 (gas-piston) until Congress forced the Army's M855A1 on them for logistical reasons, which caused all sorts of magazine feed-ramp issues.

The USMC has always been way, way ahead of the US Army on these things, including the P-Mag Gen3 magazines and other advantages, although they are totally 'in-sync' with the US Army on the NG program, along with the British Royal Marine Commandos (although they are getting merged back into the Royal Army soon, like the Aussies did long ago).

Rittenhouse understands more about firearms than people are saying, pretty good for 17 (now 18) if you ask me.

"I don't think people use hollow points for hunting deer."

Soft points are still preferred on deer for many reasons, but the biggest being balance of expansion v. penetration. Deer are very, very limber and muscular compared to humans (or cows for that matter) who have a lot of fat outside of young military personnel (cue the FBI FMJ v. SP v. [J]HP v. etc... studies on common citizens/criminals v. militiary use). Although in any case ...

Most states have a minimum caliber of .243/6mm for deer for a reason, much like I don't like .223/5.56mm for humans either, and the US Army has known that for a long-time -- hence the new NGSW + NG-Rifle (6.8mm high velocity bullet -- cartridge is still being evaluated with the weapons).

If alleged 'gun safety' advocates would actually argue that, they could get the .223/5.56mm outlawed for home defense, and start requiring at least .243/6mm. Athough the NSSF (the actual, real gun manufacturers lobby) would love that for new sales, so the 'gun safety' fools won't do such.

The USMC has always known that about .223/5.56mm and refused to adopt it since the '60s, until forced (no more 7.62mm rifles being manufactured by '67 -- although they were resurrected for Afghanistan/Iraq as the M4 is only 20-40% combat effective), which is why they only shoot for 'the T' (eyes-nose).

That's why the Iraq government accused the UMSC of 'execution style head shots' until an investigation turned up the fact that most insurgents who were killed were the ones the Marines shot in the T ... at distance, and it wasn't close.

The 14.5" M4 barrel also, absolutely sucks -- and most civilian 16" (minimum length) barrels (although stainless steel, more common in civilian, helps) -- for tumbling-fragmentation of the .223/5.56mm S109 and M855 and as well -- the alleged main 'advantage' of of the .223/5.56 utterly negated.

This is also why the USMC stuck (and still sticks) with the 20" M16 and even commissioned both the M16A2 in '83 as well as M16A4 in the '00s as the M4 became the standard carbine of the US Army. The Marines even developed their own, heavier Mk318 cartridge-bullet which was excellent in the 20" M16 (direct-impingement) and more reliable (in automatic fire) M27 (gas-piston) until Congress forced the Army's M855A1 on them for logistical reasons, which caused all sorts of magazine feed-ramp issues.

The USMC has always been way, way ahead of the US Army on these things, including the P-Mag Gen3 magazines and other advantages, although they are totally 'in-sync' with the US Army on the NG program, along with the British Royal Marine Commandos (although they are getting merged back into the Royal Army soon, like the Aussies did long ago).
Not sure where you're getting the. 243 thing. Most states have a requirement of at least a .22 caliber + minimum grain + FPS. I think it's stupid that anyone would use something smaller than a .270, but its legal in most places to use a 22-250, or a 5.56 as long as it's at least 55 or 60 grain.

One of the last witnesses was a Kenosha detective who was testifying as to not finding a round on the ground when the rifle misfired. She made an erroneous statement that you either get a fired round or a round on the ground with a cycling of the action. Like it was a 50/50 thing. The problem is that she never accounted for a faulty magazine producing a failure to feed which is the most likely thing that happened.
Indeed, failure to feed is the #1 issue with the AR15 magwell-magazine and the biggest problem with NATO STANAG 4179 compatible magazines -- for both military assault rifles (selective fire/full auto capable) as well as designated marksman / civilian semi-auto (1/10 the rate of fire).

Several of our allies don't bother with STANAG [4179] magazines and have much lower feed issues. That's the biggest problem with the AR15 platform now, as we've drastically improved the gas-DI reliability over the decades, largely thanks to civilians. We've really improved the AR15 in semi-auto fire reliabilty, but the magwell-magazine design flaw issue still remains.

The P-Mags really mitigate it with the thicker, flexible plastic sealing, especially Gen3 that seems to work across everything in the US arsenal, M4, M16 and M27.

This is in addition to the fact that virtually all of our allies originally adopting gas-piston instead of the AR15 style gas-DI ([modified] direct impingement), including the USMC with their M27 (they stuck it in as a SAW, purposely because they wanted to replace the M4/16), because it's far more reliable at fully automatic fire (gas-DI is more accurage for semi-auto, and great for a DM -- designated marksman rifle -- civilian-like low rate of fire shooting) ...

I.e., "If you supress the enemy, they will take cover ... but if you hit the enemy, they will withdraw." Supression is a WWII large, stragetic army concept, which is not how insurgency and small unit tactics work nowdays as cover is well-planned, so semi-auto tactics (more civilian like) usage is typical.

The French are also adopting the M27-like, HK416 gas-piston as well, like the USMC. Several others have too, whether HK416 or even Lewis or another, low-volume, high quality, mom'n pop US company. It's far easier to create an assault rifle -- an assault rifle is one that is selective fire / fully automatic -- with gas-piston than gas-DI.

Gas-DI has been, and will likely remain, the most accurate -- and can be near bolt-action accurate in smaller calibers/lower energy - for marksman/civilian type semi-auto use. That's why the military, especially the USMC/Seals, usually go with a semi-auto marksman type than bolt-action.

Unfortunately, no one corrected her on that and the jury has bad information. I'm surprised that there isn't a weapons expert (not a detective but an actual armorer) on both sides of every firearms trial to make sure the jury has good information.
In the end, I don't think it will matter.

The prosecution's own witness admitted that all 3 belligerents were 'attacking,' if not 'battering,' Rittenhouse to the point it was self-defense, including #3 himself admitting he 'ointed his 'assault weapon' first.

I'm sure if Rittenhouse let #1 take his firearm, we'd be talking about how #1 -- a bi-polar convicted felon who was in 'non-compliance' of his terms for sexual assault (on a minor) -- used it to 'gun down' anyone he didn't like.

#1 chased, acosted, harrassed and finally 'cornered' Rittenhouse -- all on video -- including witnesses saying #1 grabbed his gun, and the FBI IR overhead proved Rittenhouse never, not once, chased him.

After Rittenhouse attempted to turn himself into police, and the police ignored him, then left him, #2 and #3 were vigiliantes who chased Rittenhouse.

#2 chased him and hit him twice with a heavy skateboard. It was only a matter of time before Rittenhouse would have serious cranial injuries.

#3 was a paramedic who also chased after Rittenhouse, pointed his semi-auto pistol at Rittenhouse twice while Rittenhouse was defenseless on the ground, and on the second time, had his bicept of the arm holding the gun shreded by Rittenhouse who finally pointed and pulled. He survived and had to admit in cross-examination that he was NOT holding up his arms, but pointing the gun at Rittenhouse when Rittenhouse finally pointed back at him and blew the same arm to shreds to keep him from firing it.

I.e., Even if he thinks Rittenhouse murdered #1 -- because he saw #2 assault/batter Rittenhouse before attempting to do the same himself (self-defense) -- he had no right to do such, that's vigilantism.
#3 is who the Mass Media is quoting, and utterly got destroyed on the stand. He is the vigilante with a gun, not Rittenhouse.

E.g., But the Mass Media doesn't care about him, because he was pointing a semi-auto 'assault weapon' pistol, not a semi-auto 'assault weapon' rifle, even though it is also an 'assault weapon' according to the same Mass Media. But the 'AR15 is scarier.'

That's why the Mass Media puts up a AR15 picture for every mass shooting, even if an 'assault weapon' pistol is used, let alone a non-assault weapon revolver or pump-actio shotgun. That's why most people assume AR15 style semi-auto rifles are used for mass shootings, even though they do not, and less people actually die as a result of AR15 style semi-auto rifles beng used.

Last edited:
Indeed, failure to feed is the #1 issue with the AR15 magwell-magazine and the biggest problem with NATO STANAG 4179 compatible magazines -- for both military assault rifles (selective fire/full auto capable) as well as designated marksman / civilian semi-auto (1/10 the rate of fire).

Several of our allies don't bother with STANAG [4179] magazines and have much lower feed issues. That's the biggest problem with the AR15 platform now, as we've drastically improved the gas-DI reliability over the decades, largely thanks to civilians. We've really improved the AR15 in semi-auto fire reliabilty, but the magwell-magazine design flaw issue still remains.

The P-Mags really mitigate it with the thicker, flexible plastic sealing, especially Gen3 that seems to work across everything in the US arsenal, M4, M16 and M27.

This is in addition to the fact that virtually all of our allies originally adopting gas-piston instead of the AR15 style gas-DI ([modified] direct impingement), including the USMC with their M27 (they stuck it in as a SAW, purposely because they wanted to replace the M4/16), because it's far more reliable at fully automatic fire (gas-DI is more accurage for semi-auto, and great for a DM -- designated marksman rifle -- civilian-like low rate of fire shooting) ...

I.e., "If you supress the enemy, they will take cover ... but if you hit the enemy, they will withdraw." Supression is a WWII large, stragetic army concept, which is not how insurgency and small unit tactics work nowdays as cover is well-planned, so semi-auto tactics (more civilian like) usage is typical.

The French are also adopting the M27-like, HK416 gas-piston as well, like the USMC. Several others have too, whether HK416 or even Lewis or another, low-volume, high quality, mom'n pop US company. It's far easier to create an assault rifle -- an assault rifle is one that is selective fire / fully automatic -- with gas-piston than gas-DI.

Gas-DI has been, and will likely remain, the most accurate -- and can be near bolt-action accurate in smaller calibers/lower energy - for marksman/civilian type semi-auto use. That's why the military, especially the USMC/Seals, usually go with a semi-auto marksman type than bolt-action.

In the end, I don't think it will matter.

The prosecution's own witness admitted that all 3 belligerents were 'attacking,' if not 'battering,' Rittenhouse to the point it was self-defense, including #3 himself admitting he 'ointed his 'assault weapon' first.

I'm sure if Rittenhouse let #1 take his firearm, we'd be talking about how #1 -- a bi-polar convicted felon who was in 'non-compliance' of his terms for sexual assault (on a minor) -- used it to 'gun down' anyone he didn't like.

#1 chased, acosted, harrassed and finally 'cornered' Rittenhouse -- all on video -- including witnesses saying #1 grabbed his gun, and the FBI IR overhead proved Rittenhouse never, not once, chased him.

After Rittenhouse attempted to turn himself into police, and the police ignored him, then left him, #2 and #3 were vigiliantes who chased Rittenhouse.

#2 chased him and hit him twice with a heavy skateboard. It was only a matter of time before Rittenhouse would have serious cranial injuries.

#3 was a paramedic who also chased after Rittenhouse, pointed his semi-auto pistol at Rittenhouse twice while Rittenhouse was defenseless on the ground, and on the second time, had his bicept of the arm holding the gun shreded by Rittenhouse who finally pointed and pulled. He survived and had to admit in cross-examination that he was NOT holding up his arms, but pointing the gun at Rittenhouse when Rittenhouse finally pointed back at him and blew the same arm to shreds to keep him from firing it.

I.e., Even if he thinks Rittenhouse murdered #1 -- because he saw #2 assault/batter Rittenhouse before attempting to do the same himself (self-defense) -- he had no right to do such, that's vigilantism.
#3 is who the Mass Media is quoting, and utterly got destroyed on the stand. He is the vigilante with a gun, not Rittenhouse.

E.g., But the Mass Media doesn't care about him, because he was pointing a semi-auto 'assault weapon' pistol, not a semi-auto 'assault weapon' rifle, even though it is also an 'assault weapon' according to the same Mass Media. But the 'AR15 is scarier.'

That's why the Mass Media puts up a AR15 picture for every mass shooting, even if an 'assault weapon' pistol is used, let alone a non-assault weapon revolver or pump-actio shotgun. That's why most people assume AR15 style semi-auto rifles are used for mass shootings, even though they do not, and less people actually die as a result of AR15 style semi-auto rifles beng used.
That’s not why we’re reading it. We’re reading it because the media can spin it as yet another left-right dividing point where they can spin their narrative and incite division and, hopefully, strife. Then they rush into Chicago to broadcast the riots over the injustices. This is their business model now and we’re all fools for watching.

Reactions: UCFBS and ucfMike
The gun charge has been dismissed, so we can dispense of the "he couldn't legally possess that gun". Even the prosecution agreed.

The prosecution is trying to paint Grosskreutz as a hero who tried to stop an active shooter. Only the facts and video don’t back that claim. Don’t take my word for it though, watch the video and read the transcript and tell me what you see.

NBC is playing politics with this kid just like they did the Covington kid and a lot of other stories. The days of getting unbiased coverage from media are long gone.
Just wait til they're on the gov't payroll....

This Judge’s behavior is what you see in Banana Republics…what a country
That's how you see it? If anyone was behaving that way, I'd say it is the Prosecutor. Have you watched the trial or read that transcripts? Or are you relying on analysts?

Binger actually said that you lose your right to self-defense if you brought a gun. Wtf?

Binger actually said that you lose your right to self-defense if you brought a gun. Wtf?
He’s going for a provocation angle where you lose your right to claim self defense if you provoked the situation (there are exceptions to this but it’s generally true). He never once mentioned provocation in his opening statement that came after months of investigations. He’s pivoted to this as a last ditch effort based on one sarcastic comment meant to defuse a situation and a grainy as hell drone video that is unclear enough that you can try to characterize it however you want. It’s a weak as hell case and I hope to hell any jury would see through it.

He's lied throughout his close, saying that there wasn't evidence of things when there was direct testimony exactly of those things, misstating the laws, etc. Hopefully the defense can point out what a duplicitous zealot this guy is.

This Judge’s behavior is what you see in Banana Republics…what a country
So you think it's okay to say hollow point bullets explode, and that the 5th Amendment doesn't exist, and that anyone 'quiet' is automatically guilty? When a prosecutor not only repeatedly lies, but even pulls a stunt that could get a mistrial (although him possibly disbarred), a judge is going to step-in before that happens.

It's amazing the Mass and Social Media controlled by the left is saying that's 'being biased.' The problem is that the Judge is very, very intelligent and doesn't stand for lawyers lying in his courtroom, much less making a direct, Constitutional violation. Understand what the prosecution did says 100% of people who are charged are guilty.

That includes a lot of minorities. And they say it's the Conservatives we Libertarians have to fear? Kamala Harris is the prototype prosecutor these days, and look at her record with the charged, especially minorities as well. This prosecutor was purposely trying to get a mistrial because it was going so badly well before this.

His own witnesses, even the FBI, utterly destroyed his entire opening statements and claims, right down to the guy who had his bicept obliterated ... because he was pointing a gun at Rittenhouse while Rittenhouse was on the ground.

Last edited:
He’s going for a provocation angle where you lose your right to claim self defense if you provoked the situation (there are exceptions to this but it’s generally true). He never once mentioned provocation in his opening statement that came after months of investigations. He’s pivoted to this as a last ditch effort based on one sarcastic comment meant to defuse a situation and a grainy as hell drone video that is unclear enough that you can try to characterize it however you want. It’s a weak as hell case and I hope to hell any jury would see through it.
I hate to spoil the outcome for you, but the kid is gonna be found innocent. Under the circumstances, it's the right call. But pardon me for being queasy about an immature 17 year-old bringing an AR-15 rifle to a protest scene. That's a tragedy just waiting to happen.

I hate to spoil the outcome for you, but the kid is gonna be found innocent. Under the circumstances, it's the right call. But pardon me for being queasy about an immature 17 year-old bringing an AR-15 rifle to a protest scene. That's a tragedy just waiting to happen.
He is a another Zimmerman. will be celebrated before he does something else stupid and gets his ass beat

related to UCF Zimmerman actually got thrown out of ucf bar Library

He is a another Zimmerman. will be celebrated before he does something else stupid and gets his ass beat
He is nothing like Zimmerman.

EDIT: Although if Rittenhouse tries to sell his firearm as a vanity item like Zimmerman, then he will officially be an a-hole. I'm sure many people will beg him to sell it, but he won't. The young man is affected in ways unlike Zimmerman too.

Last edited:
I hate to spoil the outcome for you, but the kid is gonna be found innocent. Under the circumstances, it's the right call.
We agree.

But pardon me for being queasy about an immature 17 year-old bringing an AR-15 rifle to a protest scene. That's a tragedy just waiting to happen.
We also agree.

Of course, the same can be said for the 3 people he shot, especially the first one who had no business being there and acosting/attacking people, and then the other 2 'vigilantees' after Rittenhouse tried to turn himself into police, but they didn't believe him, especially the paramedic also with an 'assault weapon.'

All of them should have stayed him, or if they showed up as paramedics -- Rittenhouse included -- not brought weapons and just assumed they'd be harmed, maimed or even killed.

At the same time, at what point do we all give up our right to self-defense? I don't know, but what I do now is that the Mass and Social Media literally scare me with their ignorance.

And he’d have to be holding it left handed to match the video. The one problem is that Rittenhouse is right-handed.
I'll give CNN some credit, at least one of their legal experts has been fair in coverage. Ending the headline with 'Here's Why' was a nice, fair touch, while almost the whole Mass and Social Media has either been downplaying it, or even excusing it.

QUOTE: _'The first incident related to Binger’s questions about Rittenhouse’s post-arrest silence, a right solidified in the Fifth Amendment of the US Constitution ... “The problem is this is a grave constitutional violation for you to talk about the defendant’s silence,” Schroeder said. “You’re right on the borderline, and you may be over, but it better stop.”_​

The second one was pretty bad too, purposely doing something in front of the jury that he should never do. The Judge is, after all, a former prosecutor, and he knows that office.

QUOTE: _'“I apologize, your honor. You're right, I probably should have brought this to your attention earlier. I may have misunderstood your ruling because I thought your ruling was if the evidence in this case made that more relevant, you would admit it or at least considered it's admittance,” Binger said ... "Don’t get brazen with me,” Schroeder told Binger. “You know very well that an attorney can’t go into these types of areas when the judge has already ruled without asking outside the presence of the jury to do so, so don’t give me that.”'_

I definitely get the impression that the defense attorneys and DAs don't like each other very much.
Well, is the defense attorney even local? Many are not. Rittenhouse received a lot of money to pay for his defense. I'm sure he received a top, national lawyer.

The judge and prosecution knew each other, and as I understand it, Binger was well-respected, including by the judge ... before this trial. The prosecution was handed a horrendously difficult case ... especially with his state witnesses and the survivors only bolstering the defense's case, utterly with the video evidence.

I mean, when the defense attorney could literally point to still from video, sometimes multiple videos, and recall the state's FBI IR evidence testimony, utterly destroying the statements of the witnesses, and then they admitted to it all ... I mean, no prosecutor can do anything with that. I really don't think Binger had a chance.

I'm still surprised he didn't get contempt charges when he was cross-examining Rittenhouse. But then again, he probably didn't because the judge used to be a prosecutor himself, and he knows the difficulty the DA's office, especially Binger, had with this case.

In all honesty, I'd feel for Binger ... sans the 5th Amendement non-sense, if I was the judge. Binger going to be even more destroyed by a lot of the Mass and Social Media on the left, beyond what the right has done, after Rittenhouse gets off.

Last edited:
Well, is the defense attorney even local? Many are not. Rittenhouse received a lot of money to pay for his defense. I'm sure he received a top, national lawyer.

The judge and prosecution knew each other, and as I understand it, Binger was well-respected, including by the judge ... before this trial. The prosecution was handed a horrendously difficult case ... especially with his state witnesses and the survivors only bolstering the defense's case, utterly with the video evidence.

I mean, when the defense attorney could literally point to still from video, sometimes multiple videos, and recall the state's FBI IR evidence testimony, utterly destroying the statements of the witnesses, and then they admitted to it all ... I mean, no prosecutor can do anything with that. I really don't think Binger had a chance.

I'm still surprised he didn't get contempt charges when he was cross-examining Rittenhouse. But then again, he probably didn't because the judge used to be a prosecutor himself, and he knows the difficulty the DA's office, especially Binger, had with this case.

In all honesty, I'd feel for Binger ... sans the 5th Amendement non-sense, if I was the judge. Binger going to be even more destroyed by a lot of the Mass and Social Media on the left, beyond what the right has done, after Rittenhouse gets off.
The defense attorney lives in racine, so like 20 miles away.

The prosecution went to a win at all costs mentality, which isn’t supposed to be the way they do things and the defense shit the bed in their closing. Rittenhouse should not be going to jail for the rest of his life but that’s a very real possibility with how badly Richards bungled the close.

The prosecution went to a win at all costs mentality, which isn’t supposed to be the way they do things and the defense shit the bed in their closing. Rittenhouse should not be going to jail for the rest of his life but that’s a very real possibility with how badly Richards bungled the close.
Take a deep breath and read the title of this thread again.

Take a deep breath and read the title of this thread again.
I don't know how to take you, of all people, counseling patience. Aside from the trial itself, the increasing pressure on the jurors from external sources is concerning for the future of the justice system. Not just the media providing extremely biased analysis of the trial, but also politicians weighing in on twitter, activist groups going very public with threats to municipalities, cities canceling leave for police in advance of potential riots, and the National Guard being called out to the court jurisdiction are all things that non-sequestered jurors are going to consider when making their judgement.

Tweet-jury-instructions.png

Well, no verdict tonight. Or they are just waiting til morning to release it because of the threat of rioting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT