ADVERTISEMENT

Running Game Struggles?

surfer98

Four-Star Recruit
Nov 30, 2017
Is it me or did we struggle running the ball against SC State? Bowser didn’t seem to be able to find room to run. Johnny looked pretty good when he got the ball. Why didn’t they rotate the backs and get touches for our supposedly deep running back room. It seems like rotating would help to build depth, keep Bowser fresh for the 2nd half and limit his injuries.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
50 attempts for 296 yds (5.9 per rush). Agreed that it looked like it struggled but those are not bad numbers by any means.

Is it me or did we struggle running the ball against SC State? Bowser didn’t seem to be able to find room to run. Johnny looked pretty good when he got the ball. Why didn’t they rotate the backs and get touches for our supposedly deep running back room. It seems like rotating would help to build depth, keep Bowser fresh for the 2nd half and limit his injuries.
I wouldn’t look too much into bowser’s usage. He was relatively limited in scrimmages and this was probably a way to get him ready for Louisville.

I also expect teams to challenge JRP to throw. Until he can show consistency with the arm we can be sure defenses will play the run.
That was exactly the SC State strategy. Pass blocking was good. Run blocking needs to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT