ADVERTISEMENT

Send Chinander to Lincoln he’s awful:

The D isn't keyed in like last year because they don't have to be.

Statistically, our defense gives up a lot of yards. But given the amount of points our opponents score, it's been more of a bend but don't break kind of defense. We give up a ton of yards, but we're making stops and turnovers when it matters and it shows on the scoreboard.

It's funny to watch our fanbase turn on the EC/DC when we let them get 400 yards and 17 + a last second 7.

Maybe it's all just part of the plan by Frost to keep a P5 from snatching Chinander? ;)

It's funny to watch our fanbase turn on the EC/DC when we let them get 400 yards and 17 + a last second 7.

Maybe it's all just part of the plan by Frost to keep a P5 from snatching Chinander? ;)

He was never as good as people were making him out to be and he’s not as bad as everyone is making out to be now.

Reactions: Mikesi
overall, our defense is playing well and is coached well. I think what is hurting us is the non-existent pass rush. This is forcing our LB's to play closer to the line which in turn puts a lot of pressure on the corners and safeties. Thank God for Jasinki because he has been the saving grace on defense. IMO, Pittman and Hill are way over-rated. They do decent in run defense but suck at pass rush!

Chinander is fine. The defense is probably a little tired and bored. Tackling could be better

Problem is when you score so many points and are playing poor competition, the intensity isn't the same

Let's see how they do against Temple and USF

Last edited:
IMO, Pittman and Hill are way over-rated. They do decent in run defense but suck at pass rush!

And thats what these guys are supposed to do....they aren't pass rushers. That failure is on the OLBs, and the secondary guys rushing on full blitz packages.

Our big pass rush failure is we don't use middle blitz packages.

Chinander is fine. The defense is probably a little tired and bored. Tackling could be better

In addition to better tackling we need to do a better job getting off the field on third down. That said after looking at the stats from the last few games, we need to allow less conversions period. UConn actually had more first downs than we did, other recent teams very close to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
I think one opponent got their scoring average against UCF, Cincinnati. UCF plays uptempo which means the defense is exposed to more drives and allows more yards. Advanced metrics like defensive drive success rate has UCF at top 10 in the country. How do you think UCF has such a large average margin of victory (tops in the nation)?

I think one opponent got their scoring average against UCF, Cincinnati. UCF plays uptempo which means the defense is exposed to more drives and allows more yards. Advanced metrics like defensive drive success rate has UCF at top 10 in the country. How do you think UCF has such a large average margin of victory (tops in the nation)?
Because we are scoring 48 a game. If we were doing this last year it would have been the same.

Don’t forget that because UCF is the top team in the conference that we get everyone best shot. We see a different level of intensity than other AAC teams.
Yeah, SMU's offense will put up 24 on any team barring the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world.

overall, our defense is playing well and is coached well. I think what is hurting us is the non-existent pass rush. This is forcing our LB's to play closer to the line which in turn puts a lot of pressure on the corners and safeties. Thank God for Jasinki because he has been the saving grace on defense. IMO, Pittman and Hill are way over-rated. They do decent in run defense but suck at pass rush!
Agree with this....I don't believe this is a coaching letdown as much as a player intensity letdown knowing the offense can now consistently pick them up. This was the model at Oregon.....if you like shootouts that's fine....I'd rather have a hardcore "D". I would give Hill a break he's being doubled on nearly every snap. He's clearly our best "D" lineman. We need to get a pass rush ASAP or else there will be trouble on the horizon. I hope we add plenty of "D" line and linebacker depth in the next 2 recruiting classes.

Because we are scoring 48 a game. If we were doing this last year it would have been the same.
Pace of play also contributes to being the top scoring team in the country. Defensive drive success rate shows that UCF is a top 10 defense. Anyway I'm going to enjoy the 9-0 start and wins by 4 touchdowns instead of complaining that we didn't win by 5.

Reactions: Miltonian

Clearly it’s the weak schedule we have played*

Some of our board posters are legit retards. Complaining about 9-0 is ridiculous

You are missing the point. This thread is not to complain and has nothing to do with going 9-0. It has everything to do with our ability to go 13-0. If our D coordinator addresses some weaknesses that if corrected will help us go undefeated, it will result in our highest ranking and our best season ever.

It is all about this:

We are not going to go undefeated if our D keeps playing like this.

You are missing the point. This thread is not to complain and has nothing to do with going 9-0. It has everything to do with our ability to go 13-0. If our D coordinator addresses some weaknesses that if corrected will help us go undefeated, it will result in our highest ranking and our best season ever.
I think some are missing the point ...

The EC/DC shut down Memphis ... we won 40-7 (before that last second TD). Memphis' high powered offense.

Seriously, everyone is on the EC/DC because he's not always blowing away the spread. Ummm ... we're winning guys, and with a D that shuts down people when required.

Also keep in mind ... the "spreads" weren't as big earlier in the year, as they are now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT