ADVERTISEMENT

Should Addison Williams be fired?

The most likely scenario is David Gibbs' contract is not going to be renewed. He was recruiting like his hair was on fire. He has a great resume. I hate to see him go. UCF will not announce his nonrenewal until his contract runs out Jan. 31, so it won't have to pay the buyout.

What this means is Ted Roof will coordinate the run front and Addison Williams, in conjunction with Roof, will call the coverages on the back end. The 2024 defense will look substantially different than it has the three seasons with Gibbs as DC. I hope Addison learned a thing or two because the ball is squarely in his court now with the back five guys.

Money--He was unemployed and will require the low end of fair market value, perhaps sub $1 million (at least $200k+ less than the $1.15 million he was making at Chokelahoma).

Familiarity--He had worked with Gus and at UCF. He understands the culture.

Scheme--His squads produce turnovers, which this UCF defense desperately needs. He likes a pressure, penetrating frontm With KJ under center, Gus will want the ball back as quickly and as often as possible.

Fit--Had Gary Patterson been the pick, UCF would have had to fire half the defensive staff to bring in Patterson guys. With Roof, the Knights can keep the current staff in place for recruiting purposes and not have to worry about kids jumping in the portal in the spring.
He’s an old guy that just got fired at Oklahoma (where there’s a heck more defensive talent than at UCF) because his defense was terrible.

This guy keeps getting jobs and getting fired a year later…a good ole boy who has never had a top defense anywhere. But “Great hire” according to the UCF “content creator”.

He’s an old guy that just got fired at Oklahoma (where there’s a heck more defensive talent than at UCF) because his defense was terrible.

This guy keeps getting jobs and getting fired a year later…a good ole boy who has never had a top defense anywhere. But “Great hire” according to the UCF “content creator”.
The UCF "content creator" was under the impression, from reading Lobo posts, that the Knights couldn't add any more transfers.

he was our DC for like a month in December 2011, not a whole season. 2011 doesn't have anything to do with him.
I remember being pissed at the guy, but it was about his accepting our job then backing out less than a month later. And although he didn't coach the D during the season, he did create a hell of a mess for O'Leary.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Penn State was paying more than G5 UCF. Being friends is great. But a Friend that pays double us even better.

• Haha
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Its not my politics, president depends is everyones president. And a shitty one
So was the last one and the one before that. The last good presidential run was GWBs first term and Clinton before that.

It is the party leadership on both sides that keeps pushing these horrible candidates, all based on the least common denominator.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT