ADVERTISEMENT

Should there be an age limit on voting?

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
A lot of my Twitter feed is saying there should be. We don't allow people in their first 18 years of life vote because I assume they are too young to form opinions. I've seen it floated that we should not allow people in their final 18 years of life to vote for two major reasons.

1. Mental health deterioration
2. Their votes set the tone for a future that they won't be a part of.

At first I was really against this but the more I see it tossed around the more I feel like it's fair. Some old dementia riddled bitty is voting to take away reproductive rights from my 7 year old daughter in the future. That old bag won't even be around to give a damn.

Let's use 80 as the baseline and take away 18. Final year you get to vote is 62.

A lot of my Twitter feed is saying there should be. We don't allow people in their first 18 years of life vote because I assume they are too young to form opinions. I've seen it floated that we should not allow people in their final 18 years of life to vote for two major reasons.

At first I was really against this but the more I see it tossed around the more I feel like it's fair. Some old dementia riddled bitty is voting to take away reproductive rights from my 7 year old daughter in the future. That old bag won't even be around to give a damn.

Let's use 80 as the baseline and take away 18. Final year you get to vote is 62.
You are a true pos

I was always taught to respect your elders and as a response to the bullshit you just posted...with age comes wisdom.

First of all it’s not just your ignorant opinion but the disrespect you constantly show here . Plenty of times your comments essentially discounting people’s lives with things like they are hopefully dying soon or however you choose to insult and disrespect anyone who isn’t on your team . Secondly my mom is 79 and is as sharp as most half her age . She’s paid her share in this country all her life . Yet you’d rather see an illegal immigrant vote than her

you choose to insult and disrespect anyone who isn’t on your team

You are a true pos

It isn't even difficult to show how much of a disgusting hypocrite you are. But I love how you completely leave out 85, even though he literally makes it his job to attack everyone on here that doesnt have a full rage boner for the GOP.

You are a massive, vibrating hypocrite, aka a typical Christian

Last edited:
@fried-chicken cements his role as sack of shit of the WC all because he’s sooooo butthurt over being soooo wrong about Kavanaugh

First of all it’s not just your ignorant opinion but the disrespect you constantly show here . Plenty of times your comments essentially discounting people’s lives with things like they are hopefully dying soon or however you choose to insult and disrespect anyone who isn’t on your team . Secondly my mom is 79 and is as sharp as most half her age . She’s paid her share in this country all her life . Yet you’d rather see an illegal immigrant vote than her
She got to vote for 61 years. Isn't it time to let the people who will live in this country 30 years from now decide the path they want the nation to go?

@fried-chicken cements his role as sack of shit of the WC all because he’s sooooo butthurt over being soooo wrong about Kavanaugh

@btbones still waiting for you to condemn any one of the literally thousands of disgusting personal attacks 85 has thrown around on here just like this one, when you attack FC and myself daily.

Hypocrite.

remember when the left said "when they go low, we will go high?" this must be what they were talking about...

As long as she is here the election effects her future . You apparently don’t understand much about aging and getting older
Yeah? What election issues impact your mom? Taxes? Immigration? Trade wars? Job creation? Gay marriage? Police violence against minorities? Corruption? National debt? Women's reproductive rights? Sexual assault? Military spending?

I'm honestly curious what you think is going to change the way she lives her life Or the path of her life.

Yeah? What election issues impact your mom? Taxes? Immigration? Trade wars? Job creation? Gay marriage? Police violence against minorities? Corruption? National debt? Women's reproductive rights? Sexual assault? Military spending?

I'm honestly curious what you think is going to change the way she lives her life Or the path of her life.
Let’s see . Taxes , social security , Medicare among about a thousand other things . Elections effect all of these . But you knew that I’m pretty sure right ? I won’t waste anymore time trying to reason with a troll

Let’s see . Taxes , social security , Medicare among about a thousand other things . Elections effect all of these . But you knew that I’m pretty sure right ? I won’t waste anymore time trying to reason with a troll
Older people don't vote based on those issues.

If you were voting strictly on what party wanted to strengthen Medicare, strengthen social security, lower taxes for those on a fixed income, provide more services for those not making 100k per year. What party would that be?

Geezers vote on social issues that don't impact them because they are more concerned with things like kids spending too much time on ipads than they are having strong medical protections for those with preexisting conditions (which 90% of them have)

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Senior citizens have been screwing this country up since the 70's. The younger generations have a hell of a mess to clean up thanks to them. They should have their votes taken away. They've done enough damage.

Reactions: fried-chicken
Senior citizens have been screwing this country up since the 70's. The younger generations have a hell of a mess to clean up thanks to them. They should have their votes taken away. They've done enough damage.

Then move to Sweden ready. We’re sick of your bitching.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Geezers vote on social issues that don't impact them because they are more concerned with things like kids spending too much time on ipads than they are having strong medical protections for those with preexisting conditions (which 90% of them have)

OMG. Older people may not give a shit about transgender bathroom politics! OMG!!! Ban them from voting!

You pathetic, disgusting troll

This is the thread for little whiny bitches who still can’t handle the fact they lost the last election. Bitch bitch bitch birch bitch

Reactions: UCFWayne
*My reaction to how people are acting in this thread

giphy.gif

*My reaction to how people are acting in this thread

giphy.gif
I know, it's shocking how many times I've been insulted in this thread by several posters even though I haven't insulted anyone. I can only hope this thread will be heavily moderated so we can have productive discussions on the topic of removing voting rights from the elderly. Thank you for your service.

I know, it's shocking how many times I've been insulted in this thread by several posters even though I haven't insulted anyone. I can only hope this thread will be heavily moderated so we can have productive discussions on the topic of removing voting rights from the elderly. Thank you for your service.

My favorite part is @btbones inventing lies about you "insulting anyone who isn't on your political team" and then he calls you a piece of shit.

@BG_Knightmare can we get some rules enforcement please?

I am also a sack of shit pathetic disgusting troll who is also a rapist according to 85 in several ppsts over multiple threads. I'm sure there might be a rule violation in there somewhere. Maybe 85 needs a vacation from the cooler to get under control.

@NinjaKnight it was 85, dont worry I'm keeping track of it

Wow are you really shrilling for the most disgusting poster in the history of the WC now?

Holy crap.

Why don’t you do a quick search to see what things Ninja had said about me and others in the past? Do you care to do that or are you just going to be a partisan yet again here, mod?

@fried-chicken starts a thread that calls our seniors disgusting and yet BG goes to bat for the most vile poster this board has ever seen while patting FC on the ass

Wow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT