ADVERTISEMENT

Should there be an age limit on voting?

A lot of my Twitter feed is saying there should be. We don't allow people in their first 18 years of life vote because I assume they are too young to form opinions. I've seen it floated that we should not allow people in their final 18 years of life to vote for two major reasons.

1. Mental health deterioration
2. Their votes set the tone for a future that they won't be a part of.

At first I was really against this but the more I see it tossed around the more I feel like it's fair. Some old dementia riddled bitty is voting to take away reproductive rights from my 7 year old daughter in the future. That old bag won't even be around to give a damn.

Let's use 80 as the baseline and take away 18. Final year you get to vote is 62.
Interesting food for thought. Great Post

Reactions: fried-chicken
You are a thorn in my side and criticize me for anything I say and do yet you are still here and post openly and freely. I don't understand have I treated you unfairly by not banning you?
Curious how Brandon would feel about actual paying customers being banned while non paying trolls are being supported by the mod. Bad for business I would think.

It is obvious there are two or three trolls on this board. Nearly all of them are non paying members yet you choose to target the people who respond to said trolls.
So I should treat paying members differently from non paying members and leave their conduct with other members out of the equation?

So I should treat paying members differently from non paying members and leave their conduct with other members out of the equation?
If you honestly wanted to be a mod you would have already solved the issue. That clearly is not your Intentions.

Alright, I retract my earlier statement. THIS is the greatest thread of all time. You guys have successfully brought a moderator into a fight, which is pretty damn impressive.

To the OP, you are correct. Old people shouldnt vote. Neither should young people or any age in between. We should just allow Lord Trump to take his rightful place as God-king until he passes his majestic torch and scepter to the successor of his choosing. I pray for him to have the wisdom to place his hot-ass daughter in his throne when he passes. I mourn the thought of losing him but am encouraged that his judgment and superior genetics will give us a true God-Queen that we can all adore.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
A lot of my Twitter feed is saying there should be. We don't allow people in their first 18 years of life vote because I assume they are too young to form opinions. I've seen it floated that we should not allow people in their final 18 years of life to vote for two major reasons.

1. Mental health deterioration
2. Their votes set the tone for a future that they won't be a part of.

At first I was really against this but the more I see it tossed around the more I feel like it's fair. Some old dementia riddled bitty is voting to take away reproductive rights from my 7 year old daughter in the future. That old bag won't even be around to give a damn.

Let's use 80 as the baseline and take away 18. Final year you get to vote is 62.
25 to start voting, 75 is the end of voting..

Reactions: firm_bizzle
How about, if your mama is so fat that Mark Mangino thinks she's too fat, you don't get to vote?

I know, it's shocking how many times I've been insulted in this thread by several posters even though I haven't insulted anyone. I can only hope this thread will be heavily moderated so we can have productive discussions on the topic of removing voting rights from the elderly. Thank you for your service.
This is the first time I have ever ventured to the WC and now I know why. Your original post is absolutely absurd and I can see why people would insult you based on that alone. If posts like those are a consistent theme from, well...color me surprised that you get lambasted.

Do you actually believe what your typing? 62? I am not even going to debate how stupid that post was/is. Your age discrimination is astounding. Take away voting rights of people over 62... Ha, what a laugh.

Last edited:
This is the first time I have ever ventured to the WC and now I know why. Your original post is absolutely absurd and I can see why people would insult you based on that alone. If posts like those are a consistent theme from, well...color me surprised that you get lambasted.

Do you actually believe what your typing? 62? I am not even going to debate how stupid that post was/is. Your age discrimination is astounding. Take away voting rights of people over 62... Ha, what a laugh.
We don't let people in their first 18 years vote. What's the difference? 62 is a fair cutoff.

We don't let people in their first 18 years vote. What's the difference? 62 is a fair cutoff.
Below 18 is considered a minor and for a host of reasons, very justified as to why they have no voice. Yes, there are statistical outliers in the age group 15-18 but they are in the minority.

62 is such a ridiculous age. My father is 65 and has 100% of his faculties, yet you say he shouldn’t have his voting rights? You must be young to come up with that age. Hell, you’re saying that less than 2 decades, I will not be able to vote. Come on man. To draw such a line is the sand opens you up to criticism of the highest order.

Now if you had said maybe elderly people that have lost their mental state, such as dimentia. Those people are probably not voting anymore but could easily have a family member fill out an absentee ballot. However, you didn’t lay out a valid argument. You are stating that they won’t be around long enough to see the outcome of their decisions.

As we have seen, elections have consequences. They are immediate. A person doesn’t have to wait to see what time will produce. A persons age has no bearing on their personal convictions. Well, other than history has shown, the younger generation leans democratic and as a person ages, they lean republican. Maybe that is what you are really keying in on. Removing more of the opposition so your agenda become more welcomed.

Your argument is not one of a free and open society. It is a disaster and would never receive mass support. It’s laughable on its very face for countless reasons.

Last edited:
Below 18 is considered a minor and for a host of reasons, very justified as to why they have no voice. Yes, there are statistical outliers in the age group 15-18 but they are in the minority.

62 is such a ridiculous age. My father is 65 and has 100% of his faculties, yet you say he shouldn’t have his voting rights? You must be young to come up with that age. Hell, you’re saying that less than 2 decades, I will not be able to vote. Come on man. To draw such a line is the sand opens you up to criticism of the highest order.

Now if you had said maybe elderly people that have lost their mental state, such as dimentia. Those people are probably not voting anymore but could easily have a family member fill out an absentee ballot. However, you didn’t lay out a valid argument. You are stating that they won’t be around long enough to see the outcome of their decisions.

As we have seen, elections have consequences. They are immediate. A person doesn’t have to wait to see what time will produce. A persons age has no bearing on their personal convictions. Well, other than history has shown, the younger generation leans democratic and as a person ages, they lean republican. Maybe that is what you are really keying in on. Removing more of the opposition so your agenda become more welcomed.

Your argument is not one of a free and open society. It is a disaster and would never receive mass support. It’s laughable on its very face for countless reasons.
I was being facetious in this week old thread you bumped. Don't expend too much energy on it.

You’re responding to a troll who adds no value to this board and thinks he’s cute when he trolls with offensive stuff like this.

Reactions: nosurf2day

fried/ninja are the absolute worst thing to happen to the wc. they troll and toss around insults like beads at mardi gras. they have driven many people away. yet they are allowed to continue because the mod agrees with them politically.

I would be okay with not voting as long as I don’t have to pay taxes I could care less. The reason you don’t vote until your are 18 is because you can be claimed on someone else’s income tax. I’ll gladly give up my vote if I can opt out of taxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: nosurf2day
fried/ninja are the absolute worst thing to happen to the wc. they troll and toss around insults like beads at mardi gras. they have driven many people away. yet they are allowed to continue because the mod agrees with them politically.

Unfortunately true...

Reactions: UCFKnight85

I've said it before, but evidently I have to say it again: your only reason to post on this board is to spread bullshit. 85 has posted 10x the personal attacks that myself or FC or anyone, yet he is still around.

Hell, 85 literally just posted another whiny little bitch thread about FC, a direct personal attack clearly against board rules. The thread was deleted by a mod, and nothing happened to 85.

Much like your brain dead inbred analogies or yuor your last claim that I have multiple accounts, you are a literal failure at posting correct information.

Last edited:
Older people shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about the future since they won't be in the future.

Older people shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about the future since they won't be in the future.

Dont you think there is something to be said for experience and wisdom?

I get that 99.9% of this thread is just people being facetious, but there actually is some value in talking about it. Parents dont let little kids decide what to do because they don't have the experience or wisdom to make healthy choices. As they grow and gain those 2 attributes then they get the freedom to do as they please, but that doesn't mean they have surpassed what their elders have attained. Its always good to have people who are older around to give insight into things that only come with more years of experience.

As far as the voting thing goes, it really just comes down to whether a person is self serving or if they are looking at people in general. Do I vote because I want lower taxes so I can be richer? Do I vote because I like getting free stuff from the government? Or do I vote based on knowing that what is good for me is also good for others? Thats a tough call on any level, and age is not a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT