ADVERTISEMENT

So I have come to the conclusion that the only way our attendance

It needs to be more than just beer sales. Nobody would buy club seats if you could buy beer anywhere. They need to create lounges throughout the stadium under the bleachers to escape the rain and sun. A place where kids can play. Places to sit down (outdoor couches). Open early to tailgate INSIDE the stadium and late. Televisions with other football games to watch. You have to give people more reasons to leave their living room.
FIRM for Athletic Director to the Director!! :)

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I agree wholeheartedly. The cabana cash grab has taken an area that was special and made it ordinary. I was absorbed into the cabana this year and see absolutely no benefit to it. If anything they made it harder for my family. My kids like to go down around half and sit just below the bleachers on the bench. It was usually always filled with parents with their kids escaping the heat/rain /boredom. Now there is a few generic vendors selling nachos or beers clogging up the space.

Here are my 2-cents for improvements
  • Move all food vendors outside cabana zone. Designate one food place to cabana members or create special lines for them.
  • Create actually lounge spaces below with AC and soft furniture. People complain to many people are upstairs then give them a reason to go downstairs.
  • Throw in some cheap free amenities. Would it kill them to have an iced water dispenser in the cabana club? How about some free popcorn?
  • Season ticket holders should get coupons for free or discounted food or beverages. They can get creative with this. Put them in the app so people actually download and use it. They could set it for certain times. Free popcorn in the 4th quarter or a hot dog is discounted by whatever the lead is at the start of the 4th quarter.
  • This has mentioned numerous times but other games playing.
  • Move the GKC event to the stadium. Host it in tower or cabana.

Last year they had free hamburgers, hotdogs and 4th quarter desserts. I specially asked for food to be included somewhere in the stadium for this season and they told me that they would get back to me.

It needs to be more than just beer sales. Nobody would buy club seats if you could buy beer anywhere. They need to create lounges throughout the stadium under the bleachers to escape the rain and sun. A place where kids can play. Places to sit down (outdoor couches). Open early to tailgate INSIDE the stadium and late. Televisions with other football games to watch. You have to give people more reasons to leave their living room.
Firm,
I held season tickets from 1995 to 2009. I moved to NC in 2006. Downturn in the economy made me make choices between the $5k in tickets and GKC versus other expenses in my life. Your points are all spot on but all those things cost money to do. It's not like UCF can create these things out of thin air.

The perception that G5 brings IS the fore issue for building casual fan support. UCF does not have the fanbase of people who never went to UCF like FSU or UF or Miami has. I know some people in Bryson City who are diehard Gator fans. They have never attended a class at UF but they go to Gainesville several times a year for a Gator game. That is a big part of their fan base. We need to develop that kind of fan and G5 schools just don't have them like the P5 schools do.

The upper corner sections are $99 with no donation. All other season ticket prices require a donation. Section 134 is a $21 donation plus $99.

WTF is this donation BS? I just want to buy season tickets. That's it. Charge me accordingly and use the money for whatever. It's not a donation, I'm buying something.

Firm,
I held season tickets from 1995 to 2009. I moved to NC in 2006. Downturn in the economy made me make choices between the $5k in tickets and GKC versus other expenses in my life. Your points are all spot on but all those things cost money to do. It's not like UCF can create these things out of thin air.

The perception that G5 brings IS the fore issue for building casual fan support. UCF does not have the fanbase of people who never went to UCF like FSU or UF or Miami has. I know some people in Bryson City who are diehard Gator fans. They have never attended a class at UF but they go to Gainesville several times a year for a Gator game. That is a big part of their fan base. We need to develop that kind of fan and G5 schools just don't have them like the P5 schools do.

There are a lot of fans like that in Orlando. The problem is that they have nicer living rooms than Spectrum. Or they would rather go to the Alehouse where the logistics are easier. I live 15-20 from UCF but it is still PITA to get on campus and walk to that stadium. I love the mall, but there isn't much that is appealing about sitting in a parking lot drinking beer. Why not move the party inside the stadium? The diehards can still party on the mall

WTF is this donation BS? I just want to buy season tickets. That's it. Charge me accordingly and use the money for whatever. It's not a donation, I'm buying something.
I am not sure why they do it like that. Perhaps as a State Institution the cost of tickets can not be used for any reason you see fit but donations can? I think it's dumb but has to be method to madness.

I think they are missing opportunity to reach out to donors as well. I am by no means a huge donor but I give a good amount and have been for over a decade. There is zero engagement with me outside the generic call for me to buy basketball or baseball tickets. How do they plan to grow low donors into larger donors as their wealth grows if they never meet them? Why is the alumni center tailgate infinitely better than the GKC one? They should be able to have better events for donors that benefits everyone. My perception is that they only care about the whales and all the little donors be damned.

I really don't want to hear about how no one wants to buy $45 dollar end zone seats to watch us play UConn. I love our AD, but he really can't be bitching and lecturing fans about what they should be willing to pay. Get those seats sold and create a vibe about the team. If you want to sell season tickets, the best customer is one who attends a game.

The announced crowd Saturday was 29,384..........that's f-kin sad.
I look at it the other way around. If 29k is our basement number that we can get on a bad week, that's not too bad. Our stadium was built with 45K, which indicates that we felt that would hold our LARGEST crowd, not that someone thought that 45K would be our every gameday crowd. If we play a lesser opponent at noon, then we get 29K... for now. For "more competitive" games, up to 45K, for now. At some point in the foreseeable future, all games draw at or near 45K. Team identity and brand identity is growing. And it will grow.

Reactions: G8RLegist
If you are forced to donate is it really donating? :/
donation is more beneficial than pricing the tickets higher due to tax benefits.
Yep. It's amazing how much people complain to change something, out of total ignorance. It's even more critical when it comes to business expenses and related ledgers.

Although one part of the Republican tax proposal may eliminate some or all of the 'tax deduction' for 'non-benefit' of sports club donations, in both individual and corporate taxes. If that happens, then yes, it would change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT