ADVERTISEMENT

So is this f k n storm going to mess up the kent state game!

I assume you are talking about what may become Tropical Storm or possible Category 1 Hurricane Idalia . After hanging out around Cancun, it is supposed to move north into the eastern Gulf of Mexico arriving along Florida’s Gulf Coast by Wednesday. Following that it will spread into parts of the Southeast. At this time most tracks have it going north of Orlando making landfall around Tallahassee. Only two tracks show it over Central Florida. Some bands of soaking rain could reach parts of western Florida as soon as Monday. Locally heavy rain is also possible in parts of the Southeast not associated with Idalia this weekend into Monday. Heavier rain appears to begin Tuesday, continuing into Thursday from northern, possibly central Florida into parts of Georgia and the Carolinas. We should be okay but in Florida you never know.

When a game is postponed of canceled it rarely has to do anything with playing in a storm. It's all the resources and logistics that is no longer available as there is more important things to do than make sure a football game has security, emergency services, and traffic control.

Can go ahead with the game being understaffed or no staff and see how that works out for the experience.

That being said no idea if this storm will actually require the resources, won't know till Tuesday.

Rain on Wednesday and game time kickoff on Thursday evening. Looking fine at this point for season to start on time. This isn't like a Cat 5 heading for I-4 corridor.

When a game is postponed of canceled it rarely has to do anything with playing in a storm. It's all the resources and logistics that is no longer available as there is more important things to do than make sure a football game has security, emergency services, and traffic control.

Can go ahead with the game being understaffed or no staff and see how that works out for the experience.

That being said no idea if this storm will actually require the resources, won't know till Tuesday.
I think you're being a bit overly dramatic for a tropical storm that's probably going to hit 200 miles away from Orlando.

But snowflakes gonna flake

I think you're being a bit overly dramatic for a tropical storm that's probably going to hit 200 miles away from Orlando.

But snowflakes gonna flake

I said exactly why a storm impacts a football game. Didn't say this storm would, I have no idea because it is predicted weak. However, anyone that lives on the gulf knows the water is incredibly warm right now, so who knows how it plays out until it does.

If the storm goes where they expect it will, Thursday should be fine. Orlando will have very minimal damage.
It it bears more to the right that could change. It will be gone 36 to 48 hours before game time.

Could miss, but if it dumps a ton of rain and floods parts of orlando that could be a problem that lingers into gameday.

More often if it impacts the rest of the schedule. If the push (which it wouldn't) created a scenario that made it a short travel week to Boise St, I would bet UCF would choose to cancel.
Agree.

Cancel. It’s meaningless. SAFETY FIRST!
Obviously, you didn't get enough attention earlier, so here's another helping. Dang, you're a hungry troll.

All right, I'll play this game. Hurricanes are somewhat unpredictable, right? Let's cancel every football game being played in the state of Florida this week, just in case. In fact, who knows what else could happen? You could have a sinkhole open up at Hard Rock Stadium (or whatever you Canes call your rental home nowadays) in the middle of a play. Better cancel your whole season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT