ADVERTISEMENT

So people thought I was crazy that I thought Mariotta was the better QB...

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back yet. By no means am I a Winston apologist, but I will say that he showed a habit of screwing things up first, then realized he needed to grow up and take thing seriously while at FSU. That applied to things on the field, off the field, in the classroom, dealing with women, dealing with the media, and lots of things. He doesnt strike me as a very mature person and if I was in Vegas, I would lay money on him being a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf, but he does have a history of cleaning things up after he has been embarrassed. So give him a season or two before you start the circle jerk.

Reactions: jetsaholic
I can't stand him... That being said, I guess the last person to start the season with a pick 6 before a TD was Farve...

Clearly Mariotta is in a system too. Time will tell, and to be honest, I didn't think either pick was worth a first pick (should have traded the pick out).

Just can't stand him - I cringed when they said he was blowing kisses as he exited the tunnel - D-bag

That Tampa defense is somewhere between a really good NCAA defense and the worst possible NFL defense. Kid had a good game regardless.

That Tampa defense is somewhere between a really good NCAA defense and the worst possible NFL defense. Kid had a good game regardless.

What impressed me is he showed the same quick decisiveness he had at Oregon. His throws were going out fast as hell.

Naturally time will tell on both, but I'm still not impressed with Jameis.

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back yet. By no means am I a Winston apologist, but I will say that he showed a habit of screwing things up first, then realized he needed to grow up and take thing seriously while at FSU. That applied to things on the field, off the field, in the classroom, dealing with women, dealing with the media, and lots of things. He doesnt strike me as a very mature person and if I was in Vegas, I would lay money on him being a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf, but he does have a history of cleaning things up after he has been embarrassed. So give him a season or two before you start the circle jerk.
I like that you're no longer hearing how Jameis makes all the throws and is so pro-ready like we did in ESPN's year of Wonston love-fest. The NFL talking heads are picking on all the things that plagued Jameis in that last season, turnovers, footwork, bad decisions/throws under pressure.

I wont lie, it was good to see him do so poorly. However, its early and he can still turn it around. I hope he doesnt.

What I took away is that the Bucs are pure shit and actually WORSE than last year. The story was just how awful the Bucs defense was, considering they were supposed to be pretty good this year.

They were absolutely carved up by a rookie QB in his first game.

I know it's just 1 game but Marriota looked like the much better passer and more comfortable guy out there.

Reactions: KnightedIbis
Bortles for life.*

He has thrown the most TDs for the other team

Rough start for Winston but it doesn't help to have a special teams and offensive line penalties on just about every single drive. I thought Lovie Smith's strength was disciplined teams that play good defense

So, is it a Bortles problem or a Jaguars suck problem?
Jaguars suck. (well aside from that atrocious pick 6)
Hard to be "good" when your receivers drop FOUR third down conversions; one on the five yard line (and a WR fumble in the red zone)

Jaguars suck. (well aside from that atrocious pick 6)
Hard to be "good" when your receivers drop FOUR third down conversions; one on the five yard line (and a WR fumble in the red zone)
"catch the ****ing ball" was said many times while watching this game.

much better showing from Winston vs the Saints

And poor Bortles, these receivers are garbage. I hope he doesn't force one late out of desperation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT